ADVERTISEMENT

Why only 7 non-conference games for Mitty?

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
Can someone explain this to me. Most teams of Mittys caliber have a full slate of games. I believe 10 in the max, yet Mitty has only 7 non-league games scheduled.

Maybe they have some tournament later in the year, maybe they will be playing Crush in the Valley and need those slots open.

Who knows. But I just found it very strange they would only schedule 7 games.

Can someone explain this to me. Most teams of Mittys caliber have a full slate of games. I believe 10 in the max, yet Mitty has only 7 non-league games scheduled.

Maybe they have some tournament later in the year, maybe they will be playing Crush in the Valley and need those slots open.

Riordan is 4-3 and doesn’t play until the WCAL opener on January 2nd.

Reactions: ayalar09

Mitty is in San Diego for the Torrey Pines tournament this week. Their 1st round game is against Santa Margarita.

Last edited:

Look at Modesto Christian and other powerhouse programs. The schedule is usually a bit back loaded to have their transfers eligible for more games.

Look at Modesto Christian and other powerhouse programs. The schedule is usually a bit back loaded to have their transfers eligible for more games.
Riordan’s other 3 non-league games will be at the Catholic Classic at Crypto.com vs Bishop Gorman Jan 6th, De La Salle MLK vs Salesian Jan 15th and Centennial Corona at the Crush in the Valley Jan 20th.

Riordan’s other 3 non-league games will be at the Catholic Classic at Crypto.com vs Bishop Gorman Jan 6th, De La Salle MLK vs Salesian Jan 15th and Centennial Corona at the Crush in the Valley Jan 20th.

Got it. Saw Mitty is at Torrey Pines, great tournament. Back when it was the Maxpreps Tournament I saw Kyrie Irving play in it against one of the La teams maybe Fairfax or Windward. Knew from that day that I was watching someone pretty great.

Crush in the Valley is going to be the most loaded it has ever been before. If you like high school basketball this is the event to go to. Prolific will be playing Dream City (their rival) who is also ranked in the top 25 nationally.

Got it. Saw Mitty is at Torrey Pines, great tournament. Back when it was the Maxpreps Tournament I saw Kyrie Irving play in it against one of the La teams maybe Fairfax or Windward. Knew from that day that I was watching someone pretty great.

Crush in the Valley is going to be the most loaded it has ever been before. If you like high school basketball this is the event to go to. Prolific will be playing Dream City (their rival) who is also ranked in the top 25 nationally.
WCAL is a grind every night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT