Brajon Thompson

superle

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 10, 2002
MEDIA]
Brahjon Thompson the 5 foot 11 pg from Union City has left James Logan
B1sOGy5hhge
to attend Veritas Prep in So Cal. Thompson had a few D1 offers, but looks to garner more, as he is on a bigger stage...
MEDIA]

Veritas site announced that another player who's listed on Logan's '17-'18 roster on Maxpreps also transferred to the prep academy. Kaden Pierce? Don't remember seeing him play.

Really big loss for Logan. He was in position to have a big year for the Colts.

Only Verona’s Prep I could find is out in Arizona.

Not going to miss this kid. He always had issues with someone in games. Even during a recent all star game he got into it with an opponent. In a friggin all star game.

I understand playing with a chip on your shoulder, but personally I don’t like the way he plays.

Not going to miss this kid. He always had issues with someone in games. Even during a recent all star game he got into it with an opponent. In a friggin all star game.

I understand playing with a chip on your shoulder, but personally I don’t like the way he plays.
you have never picked up a basketball and played a meaningful minute... so no you dont understand.... you dont lace up the sneakers to be friends on the court... they cut from a different cloth outside of the hall... go play lacrosse if you want to be nice

Reactions: ayalar09

I read an article about Brett Thompson around the time of NCS championship where he was saying that he (Brett) acts like he does on purpose to get under opponents' skin to disrupt them. It might not change anything for you - you're entitled to not like something.

Reactions: ayalar09
I dont think anyone could question how
hard brett and brajon played and competed
in there time at Logan were there aspects
to there game that did not need to be on display as much as it was sure there
was but can any of us say at 17 that we did not have things we needed to grow up and
mature in whether it was sports releated
or not. I am not sure if a prep school would
matter all that much in terms of his
recruitment he seams to be a D2 or lower
level D1 type of player who may have been
better served having a big senior year
for Logan. there is an old saying if
You are good enough they will find you.

I wouldn't say Brahjon he got into it with Corey. Both of them brought the competitive edge that usually is lacking in a All-Star game. I would say their battle was the highlight of the game for me. In the video you can see them giving each other a high-five during the game and i have a photo of them hugging and showing respect to each other after game.

I have enjoyed watching Thompson play and appreciated the intensity with which he played, but sometimes it appeared it affected his own play.

Due to this, I have thought at times that he needed to cool his jets a little.

Nothing wrong with emotion on the court, but it can backfire, especially as one gets to a higher level of play.

Best of luck to him, wherever he ends up.

weird take, yet again. Not sure you've ever watched or played lacrosse.
Yeah, gotta agree here. Not sure lacrosse is a good analogy as you will not be very good at lacrosse if you do not play with a chip on your shoulder. It is a much more aggressive game than basketball

nah... they didnt have that where i am from.... but he mentioned he was all city in it

Wow I never once said I was all city at anything. If you want to know the truth I was like 5’3 200 lbs in high school. Eventually joined the cross country team to lose weight and won a medal during one race my senior year. I played baseball 3 years (would have been 4 but we didn’t have a team my freshman year). I was never a college level athlete, was never all city in anything and never claimed to be.

I have respect for any kid who is trying to use basketball as a tool to achieve a higher education. I think my criticisms were fair, but was good to see the two shaking hands after that game. I didn’t notice it live in person.

I was a little stunned to see such a showdown at a game where the kids were probably going at 2/3 speed. But there are def. coaches out there that love that type of thing. Hope the young Thompson reaches his goals and lands on a college team after a year at Veritas.

Reactions: BadBucks
Good luck to the young man! Pro Basketball and Free Agency has created a trickle down effect to college and unfortunately the high school ranks as well. Kids and parents are acting like their kids are free agents. Creating unrealistic expectations for a lot of kids. Also creating unnecessary distractions for the rest of your team. It’s great to have confidence, it’s great to have ability. It is also great to strive to be an outstanding person above all else. Something we should all teach our kids throughout their athletic career and beyond.

Yeah, gotta agree here. Not sure lacrosse is a good analogy as you will not be very good at lacrosse if you do not play with a chip on your shoulder. It is a much more aggressive game than basketball
oh... so its ok to have a chip in lacrosse but not in basketball... got it.

oh... so its ok to have a chip in lacrosse but not in basketball... got it.
Actually, I really don't think you "got it". The poster states he understands playing with a chip on your shoulder. His issue was with this particular players behavior, plain and simple. You were the one who brought up lacrosse in your post which had nothing to do with what he said. This makes your last post even more puzzling.

Actually, I really don't think you "got it". The poster states he understands playing with a chip on your shoulder. His issue was with this particular players behavior, plain and simple. You were the one who brought up lacrosse in your post which had nothing to do with what he said. This makes your last post even more puzzling.
K

Word on the street is that he's no longer at Veritas and he's been sighted back at Logan. Can anyone confirm?

Word on the street is that he's no longer at Veritas and he's been sighted back at Logan. Can anyone confirm?

That would indeed be an interesting twist. Wonder if he would be immediately eligible or not. Wonder if he got homesick.

no it wouldnt. Veritas isn't a cif school. It's a prep school So it shouldn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT