ADVERTISEMENT

Branson is young AND talented!

BayHawkeye

Board Regular
Jul 12, 2005
Some exciting basketball was played in Marin County last night - In the first game, the Lincoln Mustangs proved to be a nightmare to play against! The Aquino brothers are fast and RELENTLESS. Marin Catholic jumped out to a quick 15-6 lead, but the tide turned quickly as the intensity picked up. Lincoln sped the game up, stole MC's lunch pail AND lunch money and raced to a frantic 75-49 win. Excellent careers for Marin Catholic's Kyle Winters (college-level guard), Noah Deitch (D3 commit), Charlie Allen(Arizona State football commit) and others. Lincoln will be a tough matchup for anybody. It won't be pleasant for Pleasant Valley guards.

Branson played without one of their leading scorers - Jase Butler, out with an ankle injury, but knocked down shots and controlled the tempo of their game versus St. Francis from the tip. Freshman phenom Semetri (Te Te) Carr lit up the Lancers early with 5 three-pointers in the first half (21 total points in the half); his poise is amazing for a young player. St. Francis looked like they may have looked past the Bulls. The Lancers and Montana-commit Kerr didn't take it personally until it was too late. The MCAL-tested young Bulls have persevered and grown into a very solid team. Senior guard Joaquim Arauz-Moore is an undervalued star and stat sheet filler. He has such great leadership...controlling tempo and pace. Next up = a rematch with SPSV at 6 PM at Dominican University. I take Branson by 5 if Butler is available.

Last edited:
I watched the Branson game this morning on NFHS. They are impressive, indeed. And that freshman can really play!

Branson should be a force the next three years... Of course, with Branson, that's like saying, "Water will be wet for the next three years".

I take Branson by 5 if Butler is available.
Hmmm. We'll see. Should be a good one. Glad you appear to be gleaming with over confidence... Years ago De La Salle lost to Castro Valley in the NCS title game at St Marys College. A week later they returned the favor in the Norcal finals.....

Not missing a beat even with Coach Honick out of the picture.

Branson girls are also in the Norcal semis.

The school was recently blessed to increase enrollment from 320 to 420 over the next 4 years so should be interesting to see if that is able to even further boost the strength of the basketball program in pulling from a large student body.

I swear in the last two days someone made a rape joke and then the way of true champions comment above me.

I get it, some of you don't. But these comments on a high school message board are inappropriate.

Ok now that I got the "Get off my lawn," moment out of the way, lets get back to Branson. Pretty crazy this team doesn't seem to miss a beat. Reloaded and seem to be very young, so the coming years they will probably be competing to play in the Open. SPSV will give them a tough game tonight, but I see Branson in a close one.

I had no idea about honick. Sounds like an absolute mess.
Don’t want to focus on this during the games but here is an article on it. Not sure what to make of it either.

I swear in the last two days someone made a rape joke and then the way of true champions comment above me.

I get it, some of you don't. But these comments on a high school message board are inappropriate.

Ok now that I got the "Get off my lawn," moment out of the way, lets get back to Branson. Pretty crazy this team doesn't seem to miss a beat. Reloaded and seem to be very young, so the coming years they will probably be competing to play in the Open. SPSV will give them a tough game tonight, but I see Branson in a close one.
my bad

i dont get it. please explain

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT