ADVERTISEMENT

Bruce-Mahoney

OnBall8

Hall of Famer
Dec 16, 2012
Looks like it was a good one at Cal last night.. SHC wins 61-54 in OT.

Cityboy or any other members there last night? I'd love to hear more.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
The game was actually televised last night on the Eleven Sports Network. I was actually able to catch most of the 2nd half and OT. SI had the game in the palm of their hands. SHC was very lucky to pull this one out. At the end of the game, SI could not make their free throws (only made 1 of 5 free throws in last minute), but SHC couldn't capitalize as they kept turning it over or missing tough forced shots. Until the last play of the game, down by 2 after another miss at the free throw line by SI, Li-Uperesa was fouled about 30 feet from the basket with only 2 seconds left. Up until then, SHC could not score to save their life. Li-Uperesa hit both clutch 1 and 1 free throws to tie the game and send it to OT. SHC finally took control in OT and made a few shots to win easily in the OT period. SI pretty much gave it away at the end of regulation.

Thanks basketba11.. that does put it in perspective.

Seems like there could be a log jam 2-4 in the wcal (assuming SF doesn't get swept by both city teams)

Da’Myiah Lewis — 15 points and pulled down 17 rebounds, X Factor for SHC
She is very athletic and aggressive which is what sets her apart. But from what I saw, she was out of control at times and forced things quite a bit. I'm sure Coach Russell would like her to make some better decision making at times, but on the other hand, you don't want to take away her aggressiveness and attacking mentality.

Reactions: Paytc
She is very athletic and aggressive which is what sets her apart. But from what I saw, she was out of control at times and forced things quite a bit. I'm sure Coach Russell would like her to make some better decision making at times, but on the other hand, you don't want to take away her aggressiveness and attacking mentality.
Watched the video last night and easily 10+ fouls inside that could have been called. Totally agree with you.

To quote the great NBA philosopher Joel Embiid, for basketball and volleyball, "the SH girls own real estate in SI girls' heads". How many times this year has SI had SH down for the count and somehow SH resurrects themselves in the end for the win? Simply amazing.

Reactions: Scott2138
These Bruce games are always interesting. Neither team can run very much offense and everyones emotions are high. There are always a ton of fouls and turnovers. The games are usually sloppy and who ever can make a run at the end wins. I don't want to say that SI gave the game away because free throws are a part of the game. When it counted SHC made free throws and SI didn't.

Both teams are pretty young and have bright futures ahead of them. SI has some solid freshman and SHC has a good freshman and sophomore class. Hard to tell from this game how each team will do in league but we will see. SHC has played a much harder schedule with some tough close wins and losses. SI's schedule hasn't been as hard but the philosophy seems to be different when preparing a younger team.

Reactions: basketba11
Irish were anything but lucky. They were definitely the more talented team and outside of all those turnovers, easily could have extended their 7-point lead. It took until OT for them to take and keep control of the game.

Last edited:
To quote the great NBA philosopher Joel Embiid, for basketball and volleyball, "the SH girls own real estate in SI girls' heads". How many times this year has SI had SH down for the count and somehow SH resurrects themselves in the end for the win? Simply amazing.
Let's see the guys be amazing.

Let's see the guys be amazing.

Been waiting for awhile, it may happen but when we aren't paying attention one day. It would be nice to put up a decade for the boys' of superior basketball like the girls' who are equivalent to Riordans' team of the 80s and 90s...One day..:)

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Been waiting for awhile, it may happen but when we aren't paying attention one day. It would be nice to put up a decade for the boys' of superior basketball like the girls' who are equivalent to Riordans' team of the 80s and 90s...One day..:)

The formula is getting a non-415 MAN like they did with Kevin Greene (Oakland)/Taylor Johns (East Palo Alto) and pair him up with a really good tall athletic SF baller Jerry Brown, Jr./Josh Fox plus very good role players. They had this same formula with Alfred Hollins but the supporting cast was more hype and in reality was just awful. Unfortunately, SH decided to blame the architect of that great run, and returning to that greatness Im not sure that will happen in the near future.

I appreciate the girls side of sports of SH. The girls come, they play, play for each other, play for their coaches, no noise, no drama, no one is unhappy, and best of all no one leaves.

The formula is getting a non-415 MAN like they did with Kevin Greene (Oakland)/Taylor Johns (East Palo Alto) and pair him up with a really good tall athletic SF baller Jerry Brown, Jr./Josh Fox plus very good role players. They had this same formula with Alfred Hollins but the supporting cast was more hype and in reality was just awful. Unfortunately, SH decided to blame the architect of that great run, and returning to that greatness Im not sure that will happen in the near future.

I appreciate the girls side of sports of SH. The girls come, they play, play for each other, play for their coaches, no noise, no drama, no one is unhappy, and best of all no one leaves.

The formula is getting kids period and keeping them. Last years squad should have had Nate Robinson, Emmet Neal, Osin, Bryce and Ryan Daly starting. Unfortunately Robinson, & Daly transferred, and Osin didn't play. Now losing Bryce and Emmet this year really sets us back. The only way we get back to where we were is by getting a coach who can get players there and manage the talent and personalities of the players and parents.

The girls side hasn't been peaches and cream but Russell has done a great job of managing talent and personalities. One transfer that hurt the girls was Brittany Cedeno who transferred to South City. She would have been a part of that senior group last year.

It's harder in the expensive private schools because of the cost. $40,000 annual tuitions are not uncommon, and if there is more than one child in the family, that's a big chunk of change.

Of course, some privates offer scholarships but usually they're not full rides.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT