ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Brand has left CVC

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Bryce Brand has left Clayton Valley Charter after one season. He is now at IMG Academy in Florida.

Talk about a recruiting factory at IMG Academy! Besides all the attention and tough schedule, I wonder if a move like this removes the Nor-Cal soft kid stigma?

Depends on who you talk to...but none of them are high when they tell you IMG is 68,000. Kind of a drop in the bucket compared to the private partial to football families 'round here. High tuition, high expectations and high placement rates to D1 (60%)...and high society. All Aboard!

$70,900 tuition plus $5,750 in non-refundable fees per year for a 6th grader? SMH

O22 and I have probably seen some of the same families over and over. Putting all their eggs in one basket (mostly FB guys) as there is no backup plan for next level sports (when all along the wiser families are planning for junior to get a degree.) It still irritates the Danville family that stole the OAL title and NCS bid from Mack with their greener pastures transfer scheme. UCD got wiser and off he goes to an IVY. Only thing that was elite was salesmanship. IMG pretty good at that too.

O22 and I have probably seen some of the same families over and over. Putting all their eggs in one basket (mostly FB guys) as there is no backup plan for next level sports (when all along the wiser families are planning for junior to get a degree.) It still irritates the Danville family that stole the OAL title and NCS bid from Mack with their greener pastures transfer scheme. UCD got wiser and off he goes to an IVY. Only thing that was elite was salesmanship. IMG pretty good at that too.

1315 me thinks Davis didn't do their homework by offering and allowing a kid to commit that had a history of shady behavior.

I can understand sending a talented kid to IMG if they played tennis but I don't see the need for football.

Reactions: 1315
Watched his hudl and he looks good. Good technique. Hard for linemen to get their hands on him. What position does he project to play at the next level?

Am I missing something here? 70k for high school education? How many years of college tuition is that for Christ sake? Why in the world would anybody drop that on high school. Any rate I would project him to play LB at next level looks to be under sized for D-line. Just my opinion though.

Reactions: Bubba3000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT