ADVERTISEMENT

Campolindo vs Milpitas

Firestar

Seasoned Veteran
Jan 15, 2012
Well it's deja vu all over again. Milpitas travels to Moraga to play Campolindo in a norcal playoff game Saturday night. 2 years ago it was the 3AA game; this year the game drops down 3 notches to 4A. Milpitas has ended the past 2 seasons losing 2 consecutive playoff games to end their season. They now have a chance to do so in 3 consecutive seasons should they lose to Campo. Calhisports had the Trojans ticketed for the 2A bracket with a win against Salinas, a team they had defeated 27-0 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, Salinas prevailed, 23-18.

By every measure, Milpitas is a better team this year than the Cougars. The only advantage Campo has is hosting the game. The Bracy twins were sophomores in the 27-24 loss to Campo in 2015; they, in addition to coach Kelly King, have revenge on their minds this time around. The wild card for Campo is their do-everything senior John Torchio. If Torchio can evade the Trojans pass rush and also pick-off a couple of Bracy passes from his safety position, Campo has a slim chance.

In any event, Campo will now have to get used to playing D1 teams, like Milpitas, in the post season for at least the next 3 seasons. Would love to see a Campo victory, but I'm not sure if Coach Macy can, yet again, pull another rabbit out of his hat and win this game.

Well it's deja vu all over again. Milpitas travels to Moraga to play Campolindo in a norcal playoff game Saturday night. 2 years ago it was the 3AA game; this year the game drops down 3 notches to 4A. Milpitas has ended the past 2 seasons losing 2 consecutive playoff games to end their season. They now have a chance to do so in 3 consecutive seasons should they lose to Campo. Calhisports had the Trojans ticketed for the 2A bracket with a win against Salinas, a team they had defeated 27-0 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, Salinas prevailed, 23-18.

By every measure, Milpitas is a better team this year than the Cougars. The only advantage Campo has is hosting the game. The Bracy twins were sophomores in the 27-24 loss to Campo in 2015; they, in addition to coach Kelly King, have revenge on their minds this time around. The wild card for Campo is their do-everything senior John Torchio. If Torchio can evade the Trojans pass rush and also pick-off a couple of Bracy passes from his safety position, Campo has a slim chance.

In any event, Campo will now have to get used to playing D1 teams, like Milpitas, in the post season for at least the next 3 seasons. Would love to see a Campo victory, but I'm not sure if Coach Macy can, yet again, pull another rabbit out of his hat and win this game.

I for one look forward to Campo playing with the big boys in D1 for awhile considering the massive talent pool they pull from in the Lafayette/Orinda/Moraga area. Macy's a great coach we will see just how great.

Calhisports had the Trojans ticketed for the 2A bracket with a win against Salinas, a team they had defeated 27-0 earlier in the season. Unfortunately, Salinas prevailed, 23-18.

I don't think that was unfortunate at all. ;)

Campo coach was complaining again about having to play a D-I school (although, he incorrectly claimed they've been playing a D-I runner up for the last 3 year... Palma was the D-III runner-up last year). Although the school size is D-III, they have to get used to the fact that the NCS considers them D-II.

Could be worse... they could have won the NCS D-I title and been left sitting at home.

Reactions: observer22
I for one look forward to Campo playing with the big boys in D1 for awhile considering the massive talent pool they pull from in the Lafayette/Orinda/Moraga area. Macy's a great coach we will see just how great.

They may draw from a large area but be honest about it. No youth program feed ing the program so most kids have zero football experience until HS. Most the good/great experienced FB players from those towns will end up at DLS. You also have Miramonte, Acalanes, competing for the left overs along with campo. And campo is still a pretty small coed campus. They will struggle at D1 and that won't have anything to do with coaching it will have to do with depth.

I have to be honest here. Coach Macy was not complaining 4 years ago when they hosted Sutter!! A school of 800. No sympathy here. LOL

Sutter should consider themselves fortunate the North section does not mandate successful teams move to a higher division. Imagine if they were forced to play D2 Eastern League teams once the playoffs rolled around. Perhaps they should voluntarily move up to D2 anyways, to play better competition.

Campo is hardly dodging bigger schools or even private schools, having scheduled SI, Valley Christian, Marin Catholic, Menlo-Atherton, Napa & CVC over the last few years.

An unintended consequence of competitive equity has been one of safety; specifically, D1 teams like Milpitas, CVC, Valley Christian, etc., have lineman that routinely outweigh Campo linemen by more than 50 pounds on average. This will again be the case tomorrow night vs Milpitas.

Sutter should consider themselves fortunate the North section does not mandate successful teams move to a higher division. Imagine if they were forced to play D2 Eastern League teams once the playoffs rolled around. Perhaps they should voluntarily move up to D2 anyways, to play better competition.

Campo is hardly dodging bigger schools or even private schools, having scheduled SI, Valley Christian, Marin Catholic, Menlo-Atherton, Napa & CVC over the last few years.

An unintended consequence of competitive equity has been one of safety; specifically, D1 teams like Milpitas, CVC, Valley Christian, etc., have lineman that routinely outweigh Campo linemen by more than 50 pounds on average. This will again be the case tomorrow night vs Milpitas.
Sutter has 2 D2 Eastern league games on their schedule next season Enterprise and Chico not to mention Cardinal Newman, Lincoln and Red Bluff.
I hope you did not confuse my post with thinking Campo doesn't play a good schedule because I believe that they do.
My statement came from Coach Macy complaining about playing bigger schools. Clearly he did not mind his school of 12-1400 playing a school which at the time was closer to 700 students. That was my only point.
Just last night Placer from Auburn a school of around 1000 beat a school with an est. 2600.

Reactions: championcif75
SJS D4 Champion Placer beats CCS D1 Champion Salinas 43-42 in OT fri nite in Salinas after trailing 21-0 1st qtr,Placer never gave up and came away victorious in a hard fought game.....Congrats to the Placer Hillmen.....and best of luck in the 4AA State Championship game next week.Go NorCal.

Reactions: remc
SJS D4 Champion Placer beats CCS D1 Champion Salinas 43-42 in OT fri nite in Salinas after trailing 21-0 1st qtr,Placer never gave up and came away victorious in a hard fought game.....Congrats to the Placer Hillmen.....and best of luck in the 4AA State Championship game next week.Go NorCal.
Great win by Placer,On the road vs a D1 Section Champion,Extremely impressive

Sutter travels to undefeated Half Moon Bay tonite,this is a solid experienced Sutter squad I'm not sure if HMB has played a team like Sutter to date.All I know about HMB is what I have heard or read and their record speaks for itself with that said I know a little about Sutter and this is an experienced squad that will bring the wood.This should be a very good game,will be tough on the rd but I think Sutter will do well....very well.

Last edited:
Sutter travels to undefeated Half Moon Bay tonite,this is a solid experienced Sutter squad I'm not sure if HMB has played a team like Sutter to date.All I know about HMB is what I have heard or read and their record speaks for itself with that said I know a little about Sutter and this is an experienced squad that will bring the wood.This should be a very good game,will be tough on the rd but I think Sutter will do well....very well.
Sure feels good that I have someone else riding Sutter train with me. On film Sutter looks like a world beater. If HMB gets by Sutter tonight it will be a big statement on how good they really are. I'm now smelling a dog fight like the Placer vs Salinas game. Go Sutter, make me proud for picking you when so many others didn't;).

Reactions: championcif75
Sure feels good that I have someone else riding Sutter train with me. On film Sutter looks like a world beater. If HMB gets by Sutter tonight it will be a big statement on how good they really are. I'm now smelling a dog fight like the Placer vs Salinas game. Go Sutter, make me proud for picking you when so many others didn't;).
I got a pretty good feeling that FJ's snout is clear and the aroma of a dog fight is indeed in the Hwy 1 air this evening,I know some big Sutter fans that are friends of mine and are treking dn to HMB tonite and say they are expecting a battle but also a victory and a nice bottle of red vino,lol.Sutter 42- HMB 35.

Last edited:
Enrollment is an overrated factor. It’s not the number, but rather who is actually enrolled in your school. Logan, Independence come to mind.

There are several larger enrollment schools where table tennis, badminton and soccer are dominant and the football product sucks.

Reactions: concrete17 and remc
Tyree can throw. 24 yard TD pass. 20-14 Milpitas. 9:20 left in the half

28 yard pass from Ty. Bracy to Fafita. 27-21 Milpitas. 3:02 left in half.

It's the Torchio vs Bracy x 2 show. Campo scored with 43 seconds in the half. 28-27 Campo.

Tariq must have nearly 200 yards rushing. The Trojans score again before the half, kicking a FG, to take the lead, 30-28. Gotta be the dullest game I've ever seen! Campo to receive the 2nd half kickoff.

Milpitas defense holding Campo to FG attempts. 37-31 Milpitas, 2:09 left in the 3rd Q.

33 seconds later, Campo drives for a TD, aided by 30 yard penalty on Milpitas. 44-38 Trojans.

First turnover of the game. Campo takes over on Trojan 45 after interception.

Tariq 19 yard TD run. Also gets the 2 point conversion. 52-38 Trojans.

They may draw from a large area but be honest about it. No youth program feed ing the program so most kids have zero football experience until HS. Most the good/great experienced FB players from those towns will end up at DLS. You also have Miramonte, Acalanes, competing for the left overs along with campo. And campo is still a pretty small coed campus. They will struggle at D1 and that won't have anything to do with coaching it will have to do with depth.

There are youth programs in Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek and Clayton.

At least 4 current Campo players were on the youth Danville Tbirds.

To say Campo doesn’t have talented players is silly they pretty much get the best players in that general vicinity and add to that excellent coaching by Macy

I know of several Lamorinda kids that have played for the San Ramon Bears youth team as well. Just because there is no Moraga youth team doesn’t mean the kids that come into Campo as frosh have no experience. Same for DLS.

Reactions: Bubba3000
There are youth programs in Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek and Clayton.

Bravo.....there are youth programs in Pitt, Antioch, SR, etc, so what's your point here? There are not however youth programs in Orinda, Moraga, and Lafayette, which are the areas you mentioned.

I know of several Lamorinda kids that have played for the San Ramon Bears youth team as well. Just because there is no Moraga youth team doesn’t mean the kids that come into Campo as frosh have no experience. Same for DLS.

Of course there is kids that will travel and play there are exceptions to everything in life. But reality is those schools/communities that have a youth programs readily available and work with or at the local HS, those HS programs will benefit. So from a simple numbers stand point Campo is behind here, both in terms of team size and experienced day 1 players. They also will compete with Miramonte, etc, for those local experienced kids. Those local experience kids also have the money for DLS, so it's not like they have some huge advantage in anything as poster originally implied.

Bravo.....there are youth programs in Pitt, Antioch, SR, etc, so what's your point here? There are not however youth programs in Orinda, Moraga, and Lafayette, which are the areas you mentioned.

Every football crazed parent I’ve ever known was willing to drive a little ways, some a long ways to have their kid play football

Every football crazed parent I’ve ever known was willing to drive a little ways, some a long ways to have their kid play football

Yep not the point though is it. We aren't talking about "football crazed" parents. We are talking about those communities and that's it. And by and large those aren't "football crazed" parents, more soccer, lacrosse, baseball. Again there are exceptions to everything and I concede that but those aren't football communities. You loathe Campo because in your opinion Macy has some benefit others don't because of the boundaries out there. You ignore The fact Miramonte field good teams, Acalanes is on the rise, and both draw from same pool of kids along with DLS.(which those "crazed parents" send their kids) Your post sounded like somebody wanting Campo to fail at D1 because of some "massive" advantage. They will struggle because they won't have the Depth or size to compete, not coaching.

Reactions: espot
Yep not the point though is it. We aren't talking about "football crazed" parents. We are talking about those communities and that's it. And by and large those aren't "football crazed" parents, more soccer, lacrosse, baseball. Again there are exceptions to everything and I concede that but those aren't football communities. You loathe Campo because in your opinion Macy has some benefit others don't because of the boundaries out there. You ignore The fact Miramonte field good teams, Acalanes is on the rise, and both draw from same pool of kids along with DLS.(which those "crazed parents" send their kids) Your post sounded like somebody wanting Campo to fail at D1 because of some "massive" advantage. They will struggle because they won't have the Depth or size to compete, not coaching.

I never said they will fail because of coaching and I gave Macy props. You’re making excuses before they even start playing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT