ADVERTISEMENT

Campolindo vs Milpitas

I for one look forward to Campo playing with the big boys in D1 for awhile considering the massive talent pool they pull from in the Lafayette/Orinda/Moraga area. Macy's a great coach we will see just how great.

Your statement shall we break it down? "playing with the big boys" sort of a jab at the competition they have been playing, "considering the massive talent pool they pull from" again reads more like you feel they have some huge advantage and have been dodging D1 than anything. "Macy's a great coach we will see how great" not really a ringing endorsement here either, reads more like you know they will struggle and can't wait to see it. I'm also not making excuses for Campo. While I think they will continue to be competitive they will struggle with the better D1 teams because of depth and size. That's not a excuse it's a fact. They are a small school with something like 1100 kids and coed to boot, factor in a very affluent area where many don't want their kids playing football not hard to see the issue they will face at D1.

Campo would lose to most SFL teams by 40. Folsom by 60.

I'd like to see Campo play some EBAL and BVAL teams. Whenever they have done well in the past, they end up the season ranked ahead of just about every BVAL or EBAL team except the league champs, based on their winning record and postseason success. I've been saying for years they should schedule some D1 teams. CVC was D1 this year, Actually, they did beat an EBAL team this year, Granada (who went 4-4 in league this year) in the D2 finals. I'd love to see them play a Foothill, MV, SRV or Cal, but they only get 1 non-league game outside of DLS. Maybe Freedom or Liberty? I guess we'll see when they get bumped up to D1 next season for the NCS playoffs. They've got the athletes and coaching to compete.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Campo play some EBAL and BVAL teams. Whenever they have done well in the past, they end up the season ranked ahead of just about every BVAL or EBAL team except the league champs, based on their winning record and postseason success. I've been saying for years they should schedule some D1 teams. CVC was D1 this year, Actually, they did beat an EBAL team this year, Granada (who went 4-4 in league this year) in the D2 finals. I'd love to see them play a Foothill, MV, SRV or Cal, but they only get non-league game outside of DLS. Maybe Freedom or Liberty? I guess we'll see when they get bumped up to D1 next season for the NCS playoffs. They've got the athletes and coaching to compete.
Good call. There are some good teams in the SJS that would be a good test as well.

I'd like to see Campo play some EBAL and BVAL teams. Whenever they have done well in the past, they end up the season ranked ahead of just about every BVAL or EBAL team except the league champs, based on their winning record and postseason success. I've been saying for years they should schedule some D1 teams. CVC was D1 this year, Actually, they did beat an EBAL team this year, Granada (who went 4-4 in league this year) in the D2 finals. I'd love to see them play a Foothill, MV, SRV or Cal, but they only get 1 non-league game outside of DLS. Maybe Freedom or Liberty? I guess we'll see when they get bumped up to D1 next season for the NCS playoffs. They've got the athletes and coaching to compete.

Yes they will compete with mid-lower grade D1 teams no doubt. The better teams doubtful. Also CV has been D1 last two seasons and is a league opponent. The size and depth really shows in these games, as it does with everybody in that particular league.

For the last five years or so, most D1 programs have not wanted to schedule Campolindo, fearing a loss to the D3/D2 public school would hurt them more than a win would help them. Now that Campo is relegated to D1 for the next 3 seasons, there should be no reason for large schools to avoid Campo.

I have to laugh at those who think Campo draws the best football athletes from the open district boundaries of the Lamorinda area. Certainly the coaches from Miramonte and Acalanes would beg to differ this season. The varsity has no student athletes from Walnut Creek and precious few from Lafayette outside of those within the school district boundaries.

The open division is likely out of Campo's reach the next 3 seasons, and therefore will have little chance to advance in the State Championship playoffs as they have the past 4 seasons.

What last Saturday's game against Milpitas proved, however, is they can play with some of the better large schools in northern California.

For the last five years or so, most D1 programs have not wanted to schedule Campolindo, fearing a loss to the D3/D2 public school would hurt them more than a win would help them. Now that Campo is relegated to D1 for the next 3 seasons, there should be no reason for large schools to avoid Campo.

I have to laugh at those who think Campo draws the best football athletes from the open district boundaries of the Lamorinda area. Certainly the coaches from Miramonte and Acalanes would beg to differ this season. The varsity has no student athletes from Walnut Creek and precious few from Lafayette outside of those within the school district boundaries.

The open division is likely out of Campo's reach the next 3 seasons, and therefore will have little chance to advance in the State Championship playoffs as they have the past 4 seasons.

What last Saturday's game against Milpitas proved, however, is they can play with some of the better large schools in northern California.
There are tons of Cal grads living in Lamorinda. From the 60s on, Cal alums have the academic/financial chops to settle there. It’s no wonder dozens of male alum offspring play football there and the “other” pedigreed program. It’s no coincidence Campos current QB’s dad was a Golden Bear QB....as well as Grandpa!

Dad threw a mean spiral. Fingers are still numb from a Greek intramural deflection. “What’s Torch doing out here? Won’t he get in trouble from Theder?”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT