ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Jackson back at Folsom?

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Know he was on his way to Folsom before last season before eventually staying at Granite Bay. But now he is supposedly back at Folsom again.

Would be a big addition for the Bulldogs

He never should have left in the first place. I also heard that a 3star lineman from Inderkum has transferred there as well.

How many transfers is a student allowed to have??
After the 2nd transfer the heat is supposed to turn up, and after the 3rd it becomes highly suspect. But there is no way the section can enforce this stuff effectively. Especially if the parent has the means to lawyer up.

It has more to do with the particular school and or district. Policies dictate what is acceptable and they vary wildly from district to district and even school to school. Folsom has openly stated that they are actively seeking to be top tier and brush any criticism aside all the way up to the superintendent.

Good luck against that.

Reactions: aztecpadre
After the 2nd transfer the heat is supposed to turn up, and after the 3rd it becomes highly suspect. But there is no way the section can enforce this stuff effectively. Especially if the parent has the means to lawyer up.

It has more to do with the particular school and or district. Policies dictate what is acceptable and they vary wildly from district to district and even school to school. Folsom has openly stated that they are actively seeking to be top tier and brush any criticism aside all the way up to the superintendent.

Good luck against that.
Ding ding ding. If you can afford to lawyer up versus the SJS then you don't really need to worry about the rules. Let's not forget that Woodland Christian should have been eliminated from the playoffs last year due to not filling out the correct paperwork on their freshmen players.

Question for everyone… let’s assume that these two players and their parents wanted to transfer to Folsom. What’s the problem here?

That kid from Inderkum has received 4 D1 offers since transferring to Folsom. Folsom has college coaches at their school damn near every day. It’s obvious that if you play for a school like that you’re going to get more opportunities than a school like Inderkum.

Carter Jackson played for Folsom his freshmen year before transferring to GB. I didn’t hear any sour grapes from Folsom that GB was recruiting one of their best players.

Seems like everyone’s first thought is “recruiting” when in reality, a team like Folsom, DLS, Serra don’t have to recruit. Success attracts talent.

Question for everyone… let’s assume that these two players and their parents wanted to transfer to Folsom. What’s the problem here?

That kid from Inderkum has received 4 D1 offers since transferring to Folsom. Folsom has college coaches at their school damn near every day. It’s obvious that if you play for a school like that you’re going to get more opportunities than a school like Inderkum.

Carter Jackson played for Folsom his freshmen year before transferring to GB. I didn’t hear any sour grapes from Folsom that GB was recruiting one of their best players.

Seems like everyone’s first thought is “recruiting” when in reality, a team like Folsom, DLS, Serra don’t have to recruit. Success attracts talent.
I never said recruiting. At some schools, if this many athletes started "showing up" the admin would shut it down, admonish or fire the coach, etc. I have personally heard "we're not _____ high school and we don't want to be."

I think many coaches, if they had the green light, would send out the street agents and friends of the program to "encourage" some transfers.

Not everyone has that green light from the top.

I never said recruiting. At some schools, if this many athletes started "showing up" the admin would shut it down, admonish or fire the coach, etc. I have personally heard "we're not _____ high school and we don't want to be."

I think many coaches, if they had the green light, would send out the street agents and friends of the program to "encourage" some transfers.

Not everyone has that green light from the top.
“Recruiting” is what has been thrown around for years against that school without ever a shred of evidence. I agree with you that their administration wants to be the best and they will definitely take in athletes that want to play there but i don’t see anything wrong with that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now if we want to talk about the unfair advantage of their open enrollment that’s a different story but to me this is all so obvious. Kids/parents want play there.

Reactions: THEOC89
“Recruiting” is what has been thrown around for years against that school without ever a shred of evidence. I agree with you that their administration wants to be the best and they will definitely take in athletes that want to play there but i don’t see anything wrong with that 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now if we want to talk about the unfair advantage of their open enrollment that’s a different story but to me this is all so obvious. Kids/parents want play there.
Totally agree. I would not use that word. Some schools want to be the robotics destination. They want to be the state title/D1 scholarship destination. Simple as that.

Reactions: SJS Lord
What??? Inderkum had and I'm sure has multiple college coaches coming there every single day. It's the recruiters 1st stop when flying in (their words not mine). I can't speak for the last 4 years since I am no longer connected affilated with Indy, but the crap people say on this board is getting more and more ignorant.

How about let's let things play out. Maybe the kids parents bought a new home in Folsom or maybe they showed up at Folsom trying to enroll when not even dissenrolled from their current school after talking to FHS coaches? I don't know, how about we let GB, Indy and Folsom work out the facts of these two before we jump to conclusions?

100%!…. Folsom is the Top Program in the SJS and Top 3 in Nor Cal and now regularly plays the best competition that Nor Cal has to offer….

If a player wants to be the best football player they could be and play at the top level in Nor Cal, why wouldn’t they want to go to Folsom?…..

Reactions: SJS Lord
Top program for the athletes is Grant! It’s the better showcase school. There are several kids from Sac that went to Granite Bay, Folsom, Capital etc. that would have gotten big offers if they would have stayed home and played at Grant.

A lot of kids went to Granite Bay, Capital, Folsom, etc. thinking that that program was better. Had they stayed at the G, they would have been coached up and showcased!

Grant is still the #1 running back, lineman, defensive back school in the section.

Top program for the athletes is Grant! It’s the better showcase school. There are several kids from Sac that went to Granite Bay, Folsom, Capital etc. that would have gotten big offers if they would have stayed home and played at Grant.

A lot of kids went to Granite Bay, Capital, Folsom, etc. thinking that that program was better. Had they stayed at the G, they would have been coached up and showcased!

Grant is still the #1 running back, lineman, defensive back school in the section.
Grant is also the #1 most underachieving program in the SJS. They beat up on D3 teams and then lose to inferior competition when they get to state.

Grant is also the #1 most underachieving program in the SJS. They beat up on D3 teams and then lose to inferior competition when they get to state.
Yet they still have kids going to Oregon, USC, Washington State, Arizona State, Etc. It’s a much better showcase school.

Better for the athletes.

100%!…. Folsom is the Top Program in the SJS and Top 3 in Nor Cal and now regularly plays the best competition that Nor Cal has to offer….

If a player wants to be the best football player they could be and play at the top level in Nor Cal, why wouldn’t they want to go to Folsom?…..
Folsom does the best job of marketing their players. They have resources dedicated to this alone. Many of them have not been successful at the next level. (wildcards are people like browning and williams who were 5 star can't miss prospects). I would argue that most of their players are over recruited to a degree. So its pretty clear that if you want to get noticed and land a scholarship Folsom is a very good path for that. Hell worse case is Sac State offers you which is where most end up.

College coaches go where the talent is. So just because a school has name recogntion (Folsom, De La Salle, Grant, Serra) doesn't mean coaches just hang out there. They get paid good money to find talent wherever it is at.

If college coaches are just offering kids becuase they are now at Folsom, I'm going to guess they won't be college coaches for long

I don't get that worked up over transfers. If someone wants to make a move, that is their choice. I would just say that there are potential ramifications with it (maybe going from a star to a role player, not having things transfer right academically, etc)

Reactions: THEOC89
I don't get that worked up over transfers. If someone wants to make a move, that is their choice. I would just say that there are potential ramifications with it (maybe going from a star to a role player, not having things transfer right academically, etc)
While it is ultimately a personal choice, I think we're justified in being worked up because transfers have such a negative effect on the schools that are victims. We've seen entire schools have to be closed due to transfers taking away the school's money due to the enrollment decline, which has a negative impact on affected districts/communities for decades if not longer. That's the big issue with transfers, especially because as you said, the kids who do it would get recruited no matter where they play due to physical talent.

What??? Inderkum had and I'm sure has multiple college coaches coming there every single day. It's the recruiters 1st stop when flying in (their words not mine). I can't speak for the last 4 years since I am no longer connected affilated with Indy, but the crap people say on this board is getting more and more ignorant.

How about let's let things play out. Maybe the kids parents bought a new home in Folsom or maybe they showed up at Folsom trying to enroll when not even dissenrolled from their current school after talking to FHS coaches? I don't know, how about we let GB, Indy and Folsom work out the facts of these two before we jump to conclusions?
It's only the first stop because it's the closest to the airport, not because they have players other schools don't.

College coaches go where the talent is. So just because a school has name recogntion (Folsom, De La Salle, Grant, Serra) doesn't mean coaches just hang out there. They get paid good money to find talent wherever it is at.

If college coaches are just offering kids becuase they are now at Folsom, I'm going to guess they won't be college coaches for long
Trust me if you are a Sac State type recruit and you go to Folsom vs Whitney, Oak Ridge, Del Oro, Granite Bay, etc you are going to get the nod. Its a fact. If your are getting recruited by power 5 schools I agree it doesn't matter. But make no mistake about it Folsom has the connections and its all about relationships.

Totally!!!…. DLS is a prime example of this…. Kids used to go there to get noticed and because they believed it would be their best path to D1 college offers….. This is no longer the case….

The way things work now with Camps, Social Media and Recruiting services, kids can get noticed anywhere, you don’t need a big name High School…..

Najee Harris is a prime example of this…. #1 recruit in the Country and spurned DLS to stay at his home school of Antioch and play with his friends he grew up with…..

College coaches who know what they are doing know how to find the talent, Lazy Coaches just look at Schools with a big name….

Trust me if you are a Sac State type recruit and you go to Folsom vs Whitney, Oak Ridge, Del Oro, Granite Bay, etc you are going to get the nod. Its a fact. If your are getting recruited by power 5 schools I agree it doesn't matter. But make no mistake about it Folsom has the connections and its all about relationships.
Yes relationships matter for sure to open up that conversation. And yes you might be more opportunities to shine in front of the right people at the powerhouse schools. But if I'm reading your post correctly, you are saying that the name of Folsom generates more offers and I don't think that is the case

Yes relationships matter for sure to open up that conversation. And yes you might be more opportunities to shine in front of the right people at the powerhouse schools. But if I'm reading your post correctly, you are saying that the name of Folsom generates more offers and I don't think that is the case
They all go off metrics, camp performances, and ultimately game performance. The idea that Folsom HS garners offers is not accurate. The kid that gets offered at Folsom would get offered at just about any school based off the three criteria listed above. Najee Harris is a good example but there are others.

They all go off metrics, camp performances, and ultimately game performance. The idea that Folsom HS garners offers is not accurate. The kid that gets offered at Folsom would get offered at just about any school based off the three criteria listed above. Najee Harris is a good example but there are others.
Not what I'm saying at all. Najee Harris was a 1x in a 25 year type talent. Doesn't matter where he went to school. Doesn't matter where any of those type of kids go to school. They will be found. I'm talking about the 2* and 3* kids. Folsom breeds them and there PR machine is better than anybody in Norcal. They have more coaches on that campus than anywhere with exception of Serra last year.
Example, Take the San Marin QB out of San Marin HS and put him at folsom in a year where they don't have a Ryder Lyons type. That kid would be playing in the big sky at a minimum instead of having no offers. Its a great system and you are rewarded.

And what matters least now is production on the HS field. No better example than Patu at Folsom who barely played in HS and got a ride to Stanford and guess what.. He never played there because he wasn't good enough.

Not what I'm saying at all. Najee Harris was a 1x in a 25 year type talent. Doesn't matter where he went to school. Doesn't matter where any of those type of kids go to school. They will be found. I'm talking about the 2* and 3* kids. Folsom breeds them and there PR machine is better than anybody in Norcal. They have more coaches on that campus than anywhere with exception of Serra last year.
Example, Take the San Marin QB out of San Marin HS and put him at folsom in a year where they don't have a Ryder Lyons type. That kid would be playing in the big sky at a minimum instead of having no offers. Its a great system and you are rewarded.

And what matters least now is production on the HS field. No better example than Patu at Folsom who barely played in HS and got a ride to Stanford and guess what.. He never played there because he wasn't good enough.
I agree. Folsoms PR when it comes to college recruitment is the best in the SJS. The name of the school means something whether we like it or not. Of course if you’re a baller at a different school you will get offers but Folsom gets offers for some kids that in my opinion probably shouldn’t receive them. Their brand is strong.

Reactions: larry legend33
I have worked at Inderkum now for 9 years. I was the DC there for 5 years. Inderkum has had it share of players over the last 20 years go to D1 schools on scholarship. The player who left inderkum to Folsom is a very good kid, and he already had a offer from Washington before he transferred. Everyone has their reasons on why they want to transfer and all you can do is wish them the best.

That part. 100%

Reactions: WWHS44
It's only the first stop because it's the closest to the airport, not because they have players other schools don't.
So what's your point? Coaches showing up to a school and evaluating players should be the goal. Most coaches will tell a college guy, "you need to check out Player X from School Y". Help me understand the axe to grind.

I agree. Folsoms PR when it comes to college recruitment is the best in the SJS. The name of the school means something whether we like it or not. Of course if you’re a baller at a different school you will get offers but Folsom gets offers for some kids that in my opinion probably shouldn’t receive them. Their brand is strong.
Bingo! That is exactly my point.

Bingo! That is exactly my point.
and those guys who get offers and shouldn't from a recruiter, the recruiter wont be around for long. HC send's them out to find his needs.....I want 6'4 225 with X vertical....and he comes back with this kid from Folsom but says he has a motor......wont be recruiting long....

and those guys who get offers and shouldn't from a recruiter, the recruiter wont be around for long. HC send's them out to find his needs.....I want 6'4 225 with X vertical....and he comes back with this kid from Folsom but says he has a motor......wont be recruiting long....
But what is your point? It’s not Folsom's problem if a recruiter gets fired. They know how to get their kids offers… some are deserved, others may not be. Doesn’t change the fact that what they have going on is working and it’s attracting talent.

Exactly.

You didn't hear any complaints on this Forum either. A great player transferring FROM Folsom doesn't fit the narrative as well as a great player transferring TO Folsom.

I don't think it works that way at all. There is so much change now year to year in the coaching rankings. Hell, most of these coaches never get to see a kid they recruit last until Jr or Sr year. And I think people are missing the point. I'm not talking about the fat kid that didn't get picked for kickball getting an offer. I'm talking about those kids that get the break because they are at the right place. They are still good players but its about who you know. And lets not talk about how good these guys are at evaluating talent. Who the hell was looking at Malachai Nelson? Guy should never be allowed on field again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT