ADVERTISEMENT

CCS - Best Public School Teams

AptosHoops

Board Regular
Aug 13, 2017
It should be a fun season. Who will be the best public school teams in CCS is this season. Who can crack the open?

1. MA
2. Palo Alto
3. SSF

And don't sleep on Aptos as won CCS starting 2 Freshman and 2 Sophs last year. One of CalHi mags teams to watch.

Don't think any of those teams are cracking the open. Mitty,Pinewood, East Side out of the CCS but it would be fun to see some new teams.

South San Francisco could be pretty good. They were 24-5 last year and I believe they have almost every contributor back, including Brittney Cedeno.

Is palo alto supposed to be better this year than last? I was very unimpressed with them in the ccs d1 final

PA lost 6 seniors but has C Leong returning.
She has a funky looking sidewinder shot but it goes in.

Honestly AM and PW are the class of the CCS...
PW is loaded..
.and UCONN was at AM yesterday looking at Haley Jones (shes pretty good..lol)

I know PA can't compete with those 2 and probably not with ESCP.. but in the OP's defense he was talking strictly about public schools. That said, losing 6 seniors is tough to build on no matter who you are.

Unfortunately, CCS public schools are not a major factor in the NorCal playoff picture. M-A proved to be less than terrific in the DI NorCals last season _ and there were no private/parochials in their path. PA has less talent that M-A. SSF is seriously flawed. It's been 30 years since a CCS public school won a NorCal girls' title (or a state crown) in any division. Don't expect anything different this season. All of the serious CCS programs reside in the private/parochial realm.

I think AptosHoops was just talking about CCS public schools in CCS Open Division...

CCS Public Schools
Menlo-Atherton - Probably the only team with a real shot at going CCS Open. We can assume these teams are in: Mitty, Pinewood, ESCP, and another 3-4 WCAL teams. That would leave only one more spot at most...

Silver Creek - With the Augmon sisters and fast style, they can beat any public school and some privates outside the WCAL.

Palo Alto - Lost a lot. Might not win league. Wilcox is going to surprise some.

Aptos - Whole team returning from CCS D3 title team. Probably not ready for CCS Open yet, but playing in St Francis tourney and @ Pres will give them some barometer games.

SSF - Burnt out earlier than their seed would suggest last year, but should still be a factor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT