ADVERTISEMENT

Clatyon Valley

ranhud

Board Regular
Nov 7, 2023
Clayton valley can have a very good backcourt. Rashad Cotton was playing with CV at Saint Mary's this past weekend. Once they get that vibe, they will be tough. Rashad just needs to pass the ball more.

Clayton valley can have a very good backcourt. Rashad Cotton was playing with CV at Saint Mary's this past weekend. Once they get that vibe, they will be tough. Rashad just needs to pass the ball more.
Could be a nice additon for Clayotn Valley Charter who also returns Perryman

Which teams stood out at St. Mary's?

I was there... The usual suspects, such as DLS, Modesto Christian, SRV, Oakland Tech (which happened to be the Gold division Final 4). All four looked primed for another deep run. DLS played without Blair, whom I assume was out somewhere doing baseball things, yet they won the whole shebang. I'm sure guys were missing on other teams, too, but no idea on specifics.

Milpitas looked like they might have the best team they've had a minute or three... Not way up there with the top guys, but quite solid, maybe close to what Vanden will have.

Cornerstone Christian was pretty solid, will be a force again in D6.

I was there... The usual suspects, such as DLS, Modesto Christian, SRV, Oakland Tech (which happened to be the Gold division Final 4). All four looked primed for another deep run. DLS played without Blair, whom I assume was out somewhere doing baseball things, yet they won the whole shebang. I'm sure guys were missing on other teams, too, but no idea on specifics.

Milpitas looked like they might have the best team they've had a minute or three... Not way up there with the top guys, but quite solid, maybe close to what Vanden will have.

Cornerstone Christian was pretty solid, will be a force again in D6.
Inderkum probably would've won the whole thing. The starters didn't sit up when they played DE LA Salle.. Inderkum beat SRV pretty easy. Honestly it just looked like all the coaches were trying to feel the teams out. Most serious game I saw was Srv vs Cv that was a good game.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
Which teams stood out at St. Mary's?
Nobody to me. The top teams all look like they were in the same level. Most teams were playing kids would normally would get playing time or might end up on JV. Inderkum bench all starters in second round of bracket play.

Oh, yeah. Forgot about Inderkum... Didn't see the game they lost, but was impressed by the wins that I saw.

Rashad Cotton. I wish he wouldn't have went to Clayton Valley. Not sure how that's gonna work out. Early on I was really impressed with James Moore. Seems the longer he played over there, the worse his game got. Now I heard the kid is going to a JC. I understand what it might look like going over there cuz they win, but you gotta go where you're gonna be able to grow your own individual game too. Just my thoughts on it.

Rashad Cotton. I wish he wouldn't have went to Clayton Valley. Not sure how that's gonna work out. Early on I was really impressed with James Moore. Seems the longer he played over there, the worse his game got. Now I heard the kid is going to a JC. I understand what it might look like going over there cuz they win, but you gotta go where you're gonna be able to grow your own individual game too. Just my thoughts on it.
where did cotton play before?

I was there on Sunday for the Gold Championship bracket and watched Moreau Catholic beat Clayton Valley and then they lost to Modesto Christian by 1 at the buzzer in the following round. That was without their transfer back Kellen Hampton. They will be pretty good also.

DLS then beat Modesto in the Championship game.

I was there on Sunday for the Gold Championship bracket and watched Moreau Catholic beat Clayton Valley and then they lost to Modesto Christian by 1 at the buzzer in the following round. That was without their transfer back Kellen Hampton. They will be pretty good also.

DLS then beat Modesto in the Championship game.
Where did Hampton go for a year?

I was going off what @Fentons Cream posted. I assumed they meant he is expected to be back at Moreau, but maybe I misread it

He was on the bench in street clothes on Sunday for the championship bracket play. They looked good without him in the two games I watched (beating Clayton Valley & losing to Modesto on the final possession) so the addition would only make them even better.

Reactions: Streak One
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT