ADVERTISEMENT

Clip of Riordan-Inderkum Brawl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know Do the “kids” get to attend the game in person on the bench in street clothes? Or are they banned from the gym? And is it one game only?
Either way Granada has a major advantage and quite frankly I think they would have won regardless.
The Mercury News article didn’t touch on whether the suspended kids could attend or not, but did state that at least 1 Riordan player came off the bench, so I’m sure whoever that player is won’t be playing. So it sounds like it could be as many as 6 (the 5 on the floor at the time and the guy from the bench), or as little as 2 (the instigator & bench guy).

Reactions: larry legend33
The Mercury News article didn’t touch on whether the suspended kids could attend or not, but did state that at least 1 Riordan player came off the bench, so I’m sure whoever that player is won’t be playing. So it sounds like it could be as many as 6 (the 5 on the floor at the time and the guy from the bench), or as little as 2 (the instigator & bench guy).
Thanks! I guess it will be apparent at tip off!

#12 started it and he won’t play next game, #4 threw another player to the ground and threw a punch, #0 came off the bench to join the melee. There may be others. Riordan is going to be short handed next game. Tough to see when they had that game in hand.

I Have a Ph.D in Neuro-psychology and minored in journalism and based on my initial assessment from what I could gather from watching the videos. It seems that some of these kids could be coming from single - parent homes and maybe were never taught like we were growing up. When you see kids so eager to come off the bench to start swinging it could be a way of them to vent some of these pent-up emotions that these youth have had to keep inside growing up.

Also, the prevalence of "Highlight Culture" and "professional" players like that wanna-be tough guy Ja Morant help glorify the trash talk and disrespectful side of the game that these kids are looking up on Tick-Tock and Youtube. All I know is that if this happened back when I was on the court, things would have been a little different to say the least.
are you the one with the twitter handle... getsnop??

MV5BYWE3ZDFjOGMtNGU2MC00ZGEyLTg1NjctNDVjZWRkYmEwYWZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTU2NDQ3NjU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
i cant figure out how to post pictures

How bout them W's - nice win last night vs the Pels.... Supposedly Curry soon (tomorrow) plus Wiggins then they'll be ready for their playoff run which could be significantly shorter this year than last....
well they have draymunnnn (best player in the nba) and kerr (best coach ever) so we good ova here in the east

🤣 🤣 dont forget jesuit and rio americano..... this man 0-794. vegas loves him
You like the stir it up. You don’t really add anything to board. Don’t comment about games or analysis you go to or anything about players. Just like to debate for the sake of it. Actually exhausting really. I guess thats gets you off but sort of weird to me. Go to a playoff game and make some observations. You must have 90 post about this fight and 89 of them are in disagreement with people. I think just for the heck of it? You my friend are an energy drain.

Reactions: THEOC89
You like the stir it up. You don’t really add anything to board. Don’t comment about games or analysis you go to or anything about players. Just like to debate for the sake of it. Actually exhausting really. I guess thats gets you off but sort of weird to me. Go to a playoff game and make some observations. You must have 90 post about this fight and 89 of them are in disagreement with people. I think just for the heck of it? You my friend are an energy drain.
couple things.
1. never allow someone on the internet to drain your energy.
2. i, nor you are good enough or qualified enough to give any observations/analysis worth anything. just go and watch. you are not skip bayless and i am not shannon sharpe.
3. what is the purpose of a message forum if everyone agrees? the point is to make statements, then counter statements. did you not take comm in college?
4. several people agreed with me that cuddy f'd around and found out
5. finally, have we figured out why pizza comes in a circle, cut in triangles and served in a square box?

be talked about "cuz"... Is this the same thing?

btw, to me, the term "cuz" is simply a shortened form of "Because".

Still no idea what you meant by it.

My understanding is 4 of the 5 players that were on the floor at the time of the incident and a bench player have been suspended. I know Christian Wise #22 is not suspended, so that would leave Woodson, Rencher, Jones and Tshamala out and not sure of bench player. I think Kuminga’s brother left the bench area and came onto the court near the half court line, so he could be the 5th player. Didn’t do anything, but leaving the bench (as a player) during a fight violates CIF rules.
Quite the shame for the Crusaders and feel really bad for the Seniors, especially Wise.
Really unfortunate event for all parties concerned. I expect the Inderkum program to receive some serious penalties and future suspensions. Obviously, their season is over so any punishment will apply to next season.

Reactions: larry legend33
My understanding is 4 of the 5 players that were on the floor at the time of the incident and a bench player have been suspended. I know Christian Wise #22 is not suspended, so that would leave Woodson, Rencher, Jones and Tshamala out and not sure of bench player. I think Kuminga’s brother left the bench area and came onto the court near the half court line, so he could be the 5th player. Didn’t do anything, but leaving the bench (as a player) during a fight violates CIF rules.
Quite the shame for the Crusaders and feel really bad for the Seniors, especially Wise.
Really unfortunate event for all parties concerned. I expect the Inderkum program to receive some serious penalties and future suspensions. Obviously, their season is over so any punishment will apply to next season.
Actually, I was surprised some people picked Inderkum to win this game. Riordan controlled from start to finish

Actually, I was surprised some people picked Inderkum to win this game. Riordan controlled from start to finish
Inderkum had played a really good game against Dublin and overall had a great reg season, but I should have Learned my lesson. They seem to underachieve during playoffs given their roster.

Feel bad for Riordan, but then again it was their own player that got them in this situation. Really unfortunate.

Reactions: Scott2138
lets be honest here. none of them basketball players are there for parochial reasons. if they couldnt dribble and shoot they would be going to lincoln or gateway.

well the same can be said of most of the wcal schools. To be honest.

well the same can be said of most of the wcal schools. To be honest.
Thats really an unfair statement. Your assumptions are if you play a sport that you are not smart, have a low GPA, and are not a productive student for the school. Have you ever looked at it through the lens that some kids actually are there to learn life skills, grow into being a young adult, be an awesome classmate and just happen to be really good at sports?

These kids arent "doomed" to be in the "lesser" public school.

Reactions: rabbit5
Thats really an unfair statement. Your assumptions are if you play a sport that you are not smart, have a low GPA, and are not a productive student for the school. Have you ever looked at it through the lens that some kids actually are there to learn life skills, grow into being a young adult, be an awesome classmate and just happen to be really good at sports?

These kids arent "doomed" to be in the "lesser" public school.
my statement was more like they didnt go to catholic church their whole lives and they dont live by the catholic church codes.
i knw they have good enough grades to get to college.

but you and i both know the parents of elite athletes are sending kids where elite athletics are being played. in sf that happens to be at the catholic schools. and sure the rest of the environment works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT