ADVERTISEMENT

D1-D2 Predictions

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Well here we go again. This hasn't been easy. I think D1 is really all over the map this round.

D1
Dublin over Palo Alto by 10
Folsom Over St Mary's. I think Folsom goes on the road and gets another W. A very good 13th seed.
Logan Over San Leandro
Menlo Atherton over Heritage in my upset game.

D2
St Francis over Burbank. Similar style as Grant and Lancers had no trouble. WCAL is proving to be a much underrated league this year when I thought it would be down a lot.
San Joaquin Memorial over DO. The magic ends here. SJM just way to talented.
Moreau over Beyer- Beyer has had an easy road here.
Serra over Newman -WCAL & road game for Newman will be tough. The season ends in San Mateo as the size and athleticism of the padres will wear down newman.

D1
Dublin over Paly by 6 (the game I will attend)
St. Mary's over Folsom in a close one
Logan over San Leandro by 15+
M-A over the apparently late-fading Heritage

D2
St. Francis over Burbank in a tight one
SJM by quite a bit over Del Oro
Moreau over Beyer
Serra over Cardinal Newman

We better pull the spread numbers down the games are getting tighter. I'll say no spread more than 10 really below 6 or 7. Don't be surprise the winning margins are 1, 2, or 3. Every team is fighting like it's their last game no team is giving up.

I tend to agree on general that we will see some tight games but I do think we have a couple that will be plus 10.
But yeah it's a dog fight and teams tighten up.

D1
Dublin over Paly
Folsom over St Mary's
Logan over San Leandro
M-A over Heritage

D2
St. Francis over Burbank
SJM over Del Oro
Moreau Catholic over Beyer
Serra over Cardinal Newman

So here Is at Dublin.... 11 minutes to tipoff and there are mayyyyybe 500 folks in here. A steady stream arriving, but very disappointing crowd numbers of ya ask me....

Not even gonna be half-full for the tip.

Yo... this is the playoffs here.... wtf??

47-35 at the half... Paly looks completely prepared for everything Dublin does...

Btw, gym mayyyybe half-full.

Dublin goes into hack-a-Paly and firing desperation 3's...

81-77 13 secs left

Moreau beat Breyer78-54. Looks like we'll get to see if CN really should have been seeded ahead of Moreau after all!

Moreau beat Breyer78-54. Looks like we'll get to see if CN really should have been seeded ahead of Moreau after all!

Doesn't matter now. You guys were seeded higher in Norcals and Newman will be traveling to Hayward for there 3rd road game in a row. Trust me beating Whitney and Serra on the road is no joke. This will be a good game. Don't expect Beyer.

What a crazy bracket. I don't think DO or Newman realize they aren't suppose to be here. Those are 2 huge upsets. Both are still underdogs against Moreau and St Francis but you never know. You look at Serra and they beat St Francis this year in league. Newman handled Serra on the road. Impressive. I really have no idea what to expect other than I will be at Moreau on Tuesday night.

Reactions: SonomaGuy
Heritage beat Menlo-Atherton 53-47, but MA didn't go down without a fight. Trailing most of the game and by 12 late, they rallied to get within 1 in the final minute, but ran out of steam at the end. Great game. That #10 for MA Eric Norton was the best player on the floor and a treat to watch. #25 for the Pats played very well, as did the Mack brothers.

At the end of the game the announcer for some reason said Tuesday's NorCal semifinal with #3 James Logan will be at a neutral site, but all other indications are that it will be a home game for #2 Heritage. The CIF site and MaxPreps both have the game at Heritage and they should host based on their seeding. Logan is looking tough so far in these playoffs with two 20+ pt pastings.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys but my brackets have all been busted! Not a good omen for my luck in the NCAA tourney challenge!

My brackets are dead meat also... 2 right, 2 wrong in each division.

Gonna go trade in my crystal ball for an Ouija board. :)

My brackets are hosed. This has been one of the wildest Norcal playoffs that I can recall. Just a lot more parity than we've seen in the past. Its great for us though and something we shouldn't forget. You just never know....

I don't think these kids get too caught up in the fact they aren't suppose to be winning. They believe.

Reactions: GS_1738 and slick58
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT