ADVERTISEMENT

DLS vs MD Coaching and Big Picture

CIF2019

Rookie
Dec 17, 2018
I thought DLS did themselves proud by not giving up. When it was 28 to 7 it looked like it was about to get very ugly.
- Credit has to be given to MD's defensive coaching staff. They were prepared for the veer rushing attack as well as any team I have ever seen play DLS. They played discipline, assignment football. The MD DC should get looks as a head coach. He did the same thing to Bosco (2nd time) and CC, although with more horses.
- While it was nice to see DLS open the playbook more, I thought they did not target Foskey close to enough. Foskey is big time and was probably the one player on the field you could move around and have an advantage vs MD. Similar to MD did with McCoy. MD was missing three D1 guys in their secondary for this game. The DLS staff should have gone to Foskey far more. Especially with how badly the run was stuffed. This was a big missed opportunity by the DLS OC.
- MD played this game without 3 starters in the secondary. All are D1 players, and Elias Ricks is the #1 corner in the country (he had 3 pick sixs vs CC). If MD has these guys it's more than likely DLS' passing game goes nowhere. They are that good. Without these 3 MD does not beat IMG, SJB the 2nd time and CC. MD also played without it's best OL Myles Murao who was a key player on the line in their 2017 national title run.
- Transfers are a hot topic. It should be noted MD lost a ton of talent leaving also. Chris Street is a key name who ended up being JSerra's best player and a future D1 RB. It is what it is in 2018. This is similar to the one and done in college hoops. Look at Duke this season. Does it hurt the spirit of HS football? Maybe. But it's how things are being done in 2018. Adapt or get left behind.
- In 2019 look for more of the same. MD has almost their entire defense coming back, Bryce Young is back and expect transfers. SJB should reload. Who doesn't want to play with probably the best HS QB we have seen coming out of CA since John Elway? Look for Jserra to make a push as a real contender. DLS has its work cut out.

I thought DLS did themselves proud by not giving up. When it was 28 to 7 it looked like it was about to get very ugly.
- Credit has to be given to MD's defensive coaching staff. They were prepared for the veer rushing attack as well as any team I have ever seen play DLS. They played discipline, assignment football. The MD DC should get looks as a head coach. He did the same thing to Bosco (2nd time) and CC, although with more horses.
- While it was nice to see DLS open the playbook more, I thought they did not target Foskey close to enough. Foskey is big time and was probably the one player on the field you could move around and have an advantage vs MD. Similar to MD did with McCoy. MD was missing three D1 guys in their secondary for this game. The DLS staff should have gone to Foskey far more. Especially with how badly the run was stuffed. This was a big missed opportunity by the DLS OC.
- MD played this game without 3 starters in the secondary. All are D1 players, and Elias Ricks is the #1 corner in the country (he had 3 pick sixs vs CC). If MD has these guys it's more than likely DLS' passing game goes nowhere. They are that good. Without these 3 MD does not beat IMG, SJB the 2nd time and CC. MD also played without it's best OL Myles Murao who was a key player on the line in their 2017 national title run.
- Transfers are a hot topic. It should be noted MD lost a ton of talent leaving also. Chris Street is a key name who ended up being JSerra's best player and a future D1 RB. It is what it is in 2018. This is similar to the one and done in college hoops. Look at Duke this season. Does it hurt the spirit of HS football? Maybe. But it's how things are being done in 2018. Adapt or get left behind.
- In 2019 look for more of the same. MD has almost their entire defense coming back, Bryce Young is back and expect transfers. SJB should reload. Who doesn't want to play with probably the best HS QB we have seen coming out of CA since John Elway? Look for Jserra to make a push as a real contender. DLS has its work cut out.
Do you have any idea why those DB’s didn’t play? They were cought multiple times stealing. MD doesn’t care about these kids. They were brought in for one specific reason. To win football games. I have seen tweets from a few kids thanking MD for the awesome football experience. And how they are already back at there original high schools. That receiver #5 one of the best high school receivers I’ve ever seen. IMO he will never make it to the NFL. He will end up in the CPL at best. And it’s to bad. Because those kids are awesome talents that don’t even realize they are being used. Just look at there new running back that will be playing for a them next year. He gave dls all kinds of problems and what did that get him? A full ride to MD. That’s why I say they don’t have coaches they have coordinators. They just kind of tell them where to be. Because without control you have chaos.

Bottom line? #5 was a Man amongst boys. The SS playoffs, only accepts 1. Transfer all you want. The SSection figured it out. Only one is holding the trophy. Right now, Rollos time is now. Negro or Matt Logan or someone else may be up next.

Do you have any idea why those DB’s didn’t play? They were cought multiple times stealing.

I don’t even know where to start with this blatant lie.Two didn’t play in the open game because of a Twitter video they posted from the locker room directly after beating SJB in the section championship.The other kid was hurt.Please don’t post when you obviously have no idea what you’re talking about

It’s so astonishing that people just make up things to disparage kids/teams for the sole reason of getting their butt kicked

Reactions: ThunderRam
I don’t even know where to start with this blatant lie.Two didn’t play in the open game because of a Twitter video they posted from the locker room directly after beating SJB in the section championship.The other kid was hurt.Please don’t post when you obviously have no idea what you’re talking about

It’s so astonishing that people just make up things to disparage kids/teams for the sole reason of getting their butt kicked

Careful, ararar, this dude will tell you he's coached for 30 years and knows better than all of us. If he was in charge of Folsom's program, he'd trash their current system and install the 'Wildcat' so they'd never turn the ball over again and finally beat DLS playing smash mouth ball. Absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:
Reactions: awood1 and ararar

Beleave what you want. But I wasn’t talking about the kids in the locker room. I was talking about the DB. I’m not going to go into all the details because it doesn’t matter. but I do know that there best DB was not hurt.

Last edited:
Careful, ararar, this dude will tell you he's coached for 30 years and knows better than all of us. If he was in charge of Folsom's program, he'd trash their current system and install the 'Wildcat' so they'd never turn the ball over again and finally beat DLS playing smash mouth ball. Absolutely brilliant.
Your a blatant liar. I never said I would trash there current system. I think it works great for them. I said and listen closely I would change it for this one game. Are you listening? I never said nothing about no wildcat. Lastly I said that it was my opinion. However I have since changed my opinion and am more sure then ever that no matter what Folsom does they will never and could never beat dls.

I was purposely leaving you alone because I felt bad for you. It just goes to show you no good deed goes unpunished.

Beleave what you want. But I wasn’t talking about the kids in the locker room. I was talking about the DB. I’m not going to go into all the details because it doesn’t matter. but I do know that there best DB was not hurt.

So you’re going to double down on stupidity?
The kids in the locker room video were the two DB that sat in the stands.Ricks (the best DB) and Criddel.The other DB was hurt.

You’re obviously not going into details because you have none.Just stop making things up.Your best option right now is to gracefully bow out

Reactions: ankleassassin
So you’re going to double down on stupidity?
The kids in the locker room video were the two DB that sat in the stands.Ricks (the best DB) and Criddel.The other DB was hurt.

You’re obviously not going into details because you have none.Just stop making things up.Your best option right now is to gracefully bow out
I will bow out. Just go ask the driver of that van that brings him to school everyday and the owner of that convenient store they stop at every morning. Do you really think I’m making stuff up. I know a coach that used to coach one of the kids in the van. So you go ahead with your story of the poor kid being hurt. But I know details down to the location of the store. I’m now officially bowing out.

I will bow out. Just go ask the driver of that van that brings him to school everyday and the owner of that convenient store they stop at every morning. Do you really think I’m making stuff up. I know a coach that used to coach one of the kids in the van. So you go ahead with your story of the poor kid being hurt. But I know details down to the location of the store. I’m now officially bowing out.

Lol reading in fundamental fella.Where have I said Ricks was hurt?? Or Criddel?
I will try to explain it to you slowly
Ricks and Criddel were suspended and sat in the stands for the open game because of a video they tweeted out from the locker room directly after the section championship game vs SJB.
The other DB Nimmo was hurt and has been hurt he isn’t the best DB ....that would be Ricks.

Lol reading in fundamental fella.Where have I said Ricks was hurt?? Or Criddel?
I will try to explain it to you slowly
Ricks and Criddel were suspended and sat in the stands for the open game because of a video they tweeted out from the locker room directly after the section championship game vs SJB.
The other DB Nimmo was hurt and has been hurt he isn’t the best DB ....that would be Ricks.
Dude! Don’t bother. I’ve bowed out. Your good. You have absolutely no chance so leave it at that. Or don’t but I’m done.

Dude! Don’t bother. I’ve bowed out. Your good. You have absolutely no chance so leave it at that. Or don’t but I’m done.

You’re right,I’m arguing with someone who doesn’t know the circumstances behind the kids suspensions.....my bad

I would appreciate you not using my sons name on your site. My son is one of the three kids Your talking about. He made a mistake and is still dealing with the consequences of his actions. And it did not happen multiple times. They are not common criminals. It has been a learning experience for them. Believe me it’s not fun getting a phone call from another parent saying your sons name is getting smeared all over the internet.

It was not me who mentioned your sons name, but theres a lesson here this holiday season. Im sure as a mom, you enjoy his name being praised and shouted over the loud speaker in admiration and false sense of pride. You must also understand the other side of admiration. Critique. Trust me, your son will be stronger and better man, when he withstands critique. It is the nature of the process. Instead of his mom fighting for him.

It was not me who mentioned your sons name, but theres a lesson here this holiday season. Im sure as a mom, you enjoy his name being praised and shouted over the loud speaker in admiration and false sense of pride. You must also understand the other side of admiration. Critique. Trust me, your son will be stronger and better man, when he withstands critique. It is the nature of the process. Instead of his mom fighting for him.

Do you really believe it’s the kids mom?

If DLS doesn't get those kids from N. Richmond, Oakland, Pittsburg and Sacramento I don't see them ever beating the South open champ again. Them boys in SoCal are in it to win it and I'm not mad at them. (In my 2Pac voice).

like he said... with the internet, twitter and instagram... his business already in the streets... it comes with the territory

I would appreciate you not using my sons name on your site. My son is one of the three kids Your talking about. He made a mistake and is still dealing with the consequences of his actions. And it did not happen multiple times. They are not common criminals. It has been a learning experience for them. Believe me it’s not fun getting a phone call from another parent saying your sons name is getting smeared all over the internet.
I apologize for being apart of it. I could have used a different example to prove my point.

Do you really believe it’s the kids mom?
I can only assume that you think I’m madmother. Although I think it’s a little disturbing and I’m not sure of the motive. I’m willing to concede it’s me for the sake of argument. But because I know it wasn’t me I am 100% positive that the kid she is talking about does have a mother and probably does not appreciate her sons name being smeared all over the net. So why wouldn’t you take the high road and just say “ look if this is infact the kids mother then I apologize for being a part of it. If its Humbab then you need serious help”.

I’d also like to point out that this was not the point of my original post. You brought it here. My point was the coaching or lack there of. And I will use a different point. At some point (probably many) in #3 football career there were opportunities to teach this kids the difference between right and wrong. And that spitting in another players face is wrong. And the fact that he did so on tv I guarantee you affected his possible future. The coaches did nothing about it. Believe me there are plenty of kids up here that have been he same problem. So my point is that it’s a shame when a coach passes on a opportunity to affect change in one of his players lives.

I apologize for being apart of it. I could have used a different example to prove my point.

I can only assume that you think I’m madmother. Although I think it’s a little disturbing and I’m not sure of the motive. I’m willing to concede it’s me for the sake of argument. But because I know it wasn’t me I am 100% positive that the kid she is talking about does have a mother and probably does not appreciate her sons name being smeared all over the net. So why wouldn’t you take the high road and just say “ look if this is infact the kids mother then I apologize for being a part of it. If its Humbab then you need serious help”.

I’d also like to point out that this was not the point of my original post. You brought it here. My point was the coaching or lack there of. And I will use a different point. At some point (probably many) in #3 football career there were opportunities to teach this kids the difference between right and wrong. And that spitting in another players face is wrong. And the fact that he did so on tv I guarantee you affected his possible future. The coaches did nothing about it. Believe me there are plenty of kids up here that have been he same problem. So my point is that it’s a shame when a coach passes on a opportunity to affect change in one of his players lives.

Because I’m not the one who said the kid stole on multiple occasions that would be you.
All I provided was the actual reason he didn’t play in the open

Because I’m not the one who said the kid stole on multiple occasions that would be you.
All I provided was the actual reason he didn’t play in the open
Your a class act. Happy holidays.

Wait til you guys see Hale next year. And the year after that. DLS, having no QB the previous two years resulted in blowouts in the Open. Dorian as a sophomore, who is wise beyond his years, made a huge difference this time around. His body will be catching up over the next two years. He’s an excellent by passer and a better runner. Dls will figure out a way to use his talent. Everyone will take notice going forward. Anyways, my bad. I know DJ and BY are the the topic here. Carry on.....

not more.. but you need them at the key spots... especially when sjb and md can go across all of los angeles and get them... dont be crazy u know this

I am not agreeing or disagreeing, just curious why you were so afraid to say what you meant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT