ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom #1 team in the state!

That little school, SHP, is located in Atherton. The town is #2 in the country with an avg income of $348K. Hillsborough (San Mateo) comes in at #5 with an avg income of $300K. Nearby Los Altos and Woodside round up the top 17. Most of the people who live in Folsom basically work for the people who live in Atherton, Hillsborough, Los Altos and Woodside.. Lol! (I.e. Intel, Cisco, etc.) Not sure if you ever set foot on SHP's campus, but it's referred affectionately as a "mini Stanford".
Originally posted by G61:

Looks like I ruffled some feathers!
laugh.r191677.gif

"You mean an area inside the SJS is more affluent than any city in the Bay Area!?"

I know it's crazy. But real :)

Feel free to share.
Here is a stat for all of you Bay Area "homers."

In Folsom, the median annual family income is 123k a year.

In Concord, the median annual family income is 62k.

I bet most of you on here had no idea about that. Have you ever been to Folsom's field? It is quite amazing. "Smurf turf" they call it.

This has nothing to do with this debate, but I wanted to throw it out there since many of you had no idea
laugh.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/21 1:09 PM by G61

Wealthiest Towns - BusinessWeek

Sacred Heart Prep is located in Atherton and Atherton ranked No. 1 in he U.S with an average income of $1.017 million. Does that mean SHP is better than Folsom HS in football?

DLS was going for style points for the best MOV in their hope to be crowned MNC. While I am a Folsom supporter, I am not blind. If Folsom had DB's with speed it would be closer. Folsom still should be very proud of their achievement the last 3 years. I feel that the MNC this year is Allen of Texas with 2nd place going to DLS:

National

1) Allen
2) DLS
3) Colquitt
4) Folsom
5) Centennial
6) Gorman
7) St. Eds

FYI Allen has at least 50 one play drives this year.

This post was edited on 12/21 5:54 PM by jimmyzr1

jimmyzr1 posted on 12/21/2014...
DLS was going for style points for the best MOV in their hope to be crowned MNC. While I am a Folsom supporter, I am not blind. If Folsom had DB's with speed it would be closer. Folsom still should be very proud of their achievement the last 3 years. I feel that the MNC this year is Allen of Texas with 2nd place going to DLS:

National

1) Allen
2) DLS
3) Colquitt
4) Folsom
5) Centennial
6) Gorman
7) St. Eds

FYI Allen has at least 50 one play drives this year.

My national would look like this....

(1) North Colquitt GA
(2) Washington FL
(3) DLS CA
(4) Allen TX
(5) Buford GA
(6) Central FL
(7) Clay-Chalkville AL
(8) Folsom CA
(9) South Panola MS
(10) Bishop Gorman NV

First off, SHP is a private school. I would expect it to be a "mini Stanford." LOL

And all of those places you mentioned are tiny little towns within the San Francisco Bay Area. Almost little pockets.

Folsom is a city of over 70k with a medium family income that is NEARLY DOUBLE all the cities within the Bay Area. For SJS, that is not bad. Anyone could argue, "Well Tiburon is higher!" Keyshawn Johnson- "C'mon man!!!!"

I knew I would get some Bay Area people that would try to post about "more affluent" areas when I mentioned Folsom's stats. You guy's get so riled up :) I love it!
laugh.r191677.gif

Everyone seems to think the Folsom defense is the same as the last two games and the result would be the same..But:

1) There is a big difference between a sophmore...to a junior....to a senior Think about your own changes

2) There were at least 3 different starters than against DLS previously as two of the lineman including one of their dominate defensive ends and likely 5 star recruit Jonah Williams didn't play last year against DLS That's a gid difference!

3) Lalogie played primarily running back last year.....this year he was a stud at primarily linebacker

4) Their corners were outstanding all year and had good speed

Look at the points against this year compared to the last two years... probably allowed half the points.

To say they were not significantly better defensively is disengenious at best and straight up bullshit at worse

Couldn't have said it better myself!

The argument that DLS beat Folsom twice in years past carries to weight to this year. That would be like saying, "The 49ers are better than the Cowboys because they beat them 2 years ago!" Hypothetically speaking. You have to compare apples to apples. Meaning, you have to compare THIS YEARS team!

Look past the arrogance and bias. Look at it objectively. DLS is a great team, but Folsom has got them this year.

San Ramon has 70k people and makes Folsom residents look like a pile of poors - DLS feeder city.
Pleasanton, same thing (70k people).
If you look at counties, Almost every bay area county has a higher median income. De La Salle is only part of Concord by a few feet. Compare Folsom to Walnut Creek, the city DLS is most influenced by.
Clayton Valley borders Clayton which is extremely wealthy.
And to top it all off, look at where Campolindo is, Moraga.

Not really sure why you think Folsom being affluent has anything to do with it. I guess it makes you feel better. But you can't win that argument either.

And compare this years Folsom team to DLS, I don't see where Folsom matches up. Killing a bunch of scrub teams means nothing. Folsom didn't play even one top 100 team. The same players that beat Folsom the past two years got better too. Why would Folsom be 21 points worse and all of a sudden get 21 points better because they are now "Seniors". While Folsom's players were getting better over the summer, so were DLS players. If Folsom was better, they are better. But they aren't
This post was edited on 12/21 9:05 PM by Golfpilot

THE biggest advantage DLS has had over Folsom the last two years is physical play.

The Spartans were significantly more physical than Folsom in 2012 and 2013. I have read dozens of posts regarding this "debate" about Folsom wold beat DLS and not one, zero, of the Folsom side have mentioned Folsoms disadvantage in the physical play. I saw Folsom up close and personal again Fr iday night and they did not close the physical gap with DLS. Not by a long shot.

The smart football mind realizes The Green Machine would have whipped the Bulldogs for a third straight year.

Lolololol. I've read some dumb things on this forum and have written some myself. DLS is the best team in Northern CA until someone beats them.
Last I checked Folsom was suppose to stay with DLS 2 years ago and they got their bleep kicked out of them.

I thought the DLS rule was: Let's grant them a pass to the Open title game, and we'll duke it out at the Division I level so as to avoid the risk of losing to them once again.
You can't claim the best if you won't play the best...

This post was edited on 12/21 10:15 PM by dls85

You DLS posters are a bunch of jerks. Actually, Folsom played 3 teams that were in the top 100. Cathedral was in the top 100 before they lost the 2nd time (1st time to Folsom). Grant was undefeated and ranked in the 50's when they blown out by Folsom, and Oceanside was obviously ranked as well. You can't have it both ways. Using your analogy, DLS has only played 1 top 100 team. BFD. As of now, both Grant and Oceanside are ranked in the top 100, but probably not for long.

You DLS pukes are the worst that always got to have your cake and eat it too. DLSpop always uses the same rankings and always argues about previous rankings. You guys are the biggest hypocrites of all. Folsom will end up ranked in the top 10 in about every poll. I have said I still thought DLS would probably beat Folsom, but not by as much as you pukes are saying. Also, Folsom tried to schedule DLS in the preseason and DLS wanted to schedule Del Oro and Jesuit.

I bet you next year DLS now tries to schedule Folsom now that they will lose 17 starters, because that's how DLS rolls. I can guaranty DLS will not schedule the best from Texas next year. They will schedule a good team, but maybe after they lose their best players. Don't keep spewing your bullshit here anymore.
This post was edited on 12/22 4:24 PM by jimmyzr1

G61- Since its obvious you just want to create controversy, I guess I am playing into your hands, but ill bite. You mention making apples to apples comparison, but your very post is comparing apples to oranges. You can't base what you saw Folsom do against a much slower Oside team and say Folsom would beat CC and DLS. In order to even come close to making that assessment, Folsom would have had to have played CC to make a reasonable projection.

The only game that gives a apples to apples comparison would be the Del Oro game where Folsom won 42-7 and DLS won 52-0. While both were blowouts, DLS had the slightly better game. Not a very accurate way to project, but a better projection than to compare Folsom against Oside and DLS against CC. That is just ignorant. Sorry to burst your bubble, but all you have is your opinion and no real good supporting evidence to support your argument

Seriously jimmy. Show a little class man....first G61 and now your post? Passion is fine, but dropping f-bombs is pretty sad. Kinda embarrassing for the rest of us SJS guys to be honest. Your better than that...

I'm just telling like it is. You DLS fans are the worst hypocrites there are.
This post was edited on 12/22 4:26 PM by jimmyzr1

Nascar, you can't use that Del Oro game to your advantage either. Del Oro played DLS without their top Qb and their top Rb. They played Folsom at full strength so that doesn't work either.

Dls can't use the del oro game to their advantage because del oro didn't have all there starters
Dls can't use the centennial game to their advantage because they gave up 42 and had 6 flags
Dls can't use the fact that they destroyed Folsom the past two years because that was the past and folsom has "seniors" now
Dls can't use every computer ranking their is because those aren't perfect
Dls can't use the fact that the only reason there is an auto bye to open is because of pac5 and Dls always winning

Folsom is better because
The whole team is seniors
Folsom is a more affluent city than concord
Browning is good
Browning has set national records
They won a D1 state championship
Dls can't win 3 years in a row
Dls is scared to play Folsom

This is gospel for G61

Fyi, I never said Folsom was better, because they're not. But they are much closer than last year. I never said anything about Centennial, that was a great win. I'm just saying you guys always spew about how much better DLS is than everyone else. Fyi, they're not better than Allen of Texas. Folsom is much better this year than last and again, I said they weren't as good as DLS. You people just try to twist and turn everything to make you feel better and I am so tired of your crap.

Easy Boys

Here's the deal:

Folsom is likely to wind up #5 or 6 in the country and is in the debate for the best SJS team ever. Congrats on a great season and for repping NorCal so well.DLS is likely to wind up in the top 3 of every poll and already has the calpreps title -- this is their 12th MNC in the last 21 years. They are indisutably the best dynasty in HS football history and after a small drop off in the mid-00's, they have now finished in the top 7 on the country 5 years in a row (with Allen, at 3, the only other team that was in that stratosphere more than twice.
No one can say for sure who would have won a DLS-Folsom game this year, but the strong consensus from national pollsters, to Bay Area homers, to even the overwhelming majority of SJS guys, is that DLS would be somewhat of a favorite.

I'm with the consensus. I think that pauljohnson nailed it by suggesting that Folsom, although more improved, are still not at Sparty's level for physicality. And, as several have said, Browning may be a great passer, but it's mobile QBs that give DLS fits. Zach Kline was a higher "rated" QB by scouting services as a senior at SRV in '11 than Browning is this year and he engineered zero TDs against DLS's first team. I think Folsom had one TD each year in the NorCal game vs the 1s.

I'm not sure who's offense is better between CC or Folsom, but CC's is definitely better suited to give DLS fits -- mobile QBs, premier athletes on the edge, balance, physical line play, etc. The Open was the first time since 1976 that DLS allowed 40 points and then, just barely, to a team built to exploit DLS's D, aided by a special teams play by a guy that will be playing Sundays in a few years.

I'm very happy for Folsom and have some good friends that are avid Bulldog fans.

As golfpilot said, though, you may be one of the best teams in the country, but you share turf with inarguably the best program in the country.

It is interesting that a couple of you ardent Folsom guys on this thread are pre-condeming DLS for playing Folsom next year, losing so many starters....... At least one of you was the same guy complaining that DLS played Del Oro this year (the defending NorCal D1 champs)...... I would like to know who you would like DLS to play in NorCal next year.

Grant? Folsom? Jesuit? Del Oro? Rocklin?

Or, just wait till next November and let me know who DLS should have played.

Physically this year Folsom was much closer to DLS IMO. The area of weakness for Folsom would be the Db's against speed on the outside or a great passing Qb. DLS definitely has the speed advantage of a couple of guys. With DLS's current Qb because of the injury, their Qb is not a passing Qb. This year Folsom runs much better and has more weapons in the passing game. And a new, soon to be 4-5 star lineman.

I would put DLS right behind Allen and 2-6 spots ahead of Folsom on the national level this year.

Also, Oceanside only had 14 or so yards rushing so that also shows much improvemernt. Also they slowed a good Grant team

This post was edited on 12/22 12:18 AM by jimmyzr1

Jimmy - it appears you're off your meds. Otherwise, why would you insult ones chosen faith in a football rant?
And somebody twists another person's words to support their argument...on a message board?!? NO WAY!!
I know this type of banter is new to folks from Folsom. We've be relevant for, oh, 30 plus years now...so we're used to this type of thing.
Welcome to the party. Have some holiday cheer, and chill...

This post was edited on 12/22 6:22 AM by dls85

I am really glad that this thread stirred up as much as I hoped it would.

It seems that many of you just go with the "status quo" of DLS being the best. No matter what the facts are of THIS SEASON. Not 2 seasons ago.

I have said it before, and I will say it again...Folsom is the BEST TEAM IN THE STATE! Pow! Pow!
uzi.r191677.gif

I have to agree with Jimmy....DLS supporters, other than a few, are incapable of acknowledging that Folsom is a significantly better team this year. Most teams that are heavy on sophmore or junior starters and have done well would be feared by their senior year....especially with the majority being three year starters. Add in several stars that were unable to play last year against DLS and you have a recipe for a much more competitive game. BUT...virtually all the bay area posters on here can't acknowledge that. No one is saying Folsom would be the favorite but they are vastly improved from the previous years. DLS runs the best program in the state, without question, but most of their supporters are prideful to a fault and unable to give Folsom the credit this year that they deserve. If I hear one more DLS supporter say it would be the same as last year....I immediatly dismiss them as homers incapable of critical thinking. I played in the EBAL but am sick of the arrogance of many of these DLS supporters myself.

I completely agree.

Most of these homers refuse to even acknowledge that the comparison is actually pretty crazy. DLS is a PRIVATE HIGH SCHOOL that attracts (recruits) kids from all over the Bay Area. Folsom is a PUBLIC SCHOOL in which all the kids live within a 5 miles radius of the school!

Can you imagine how good Folsom would be if they had all of their players, PLUS the stand out kids from Del Oro, Rocklin, Elk Grove, and Granite Bay?

We should just do this every year. The DLS all star team against the SJS all star team (Folsom). Who's in!?
laugh.r191677.gif

I'm not a huge supporter of DLS but recognize how good they have been over the years.
I had the wonderful opportunity to play against them and lose only by 17. Folsom was good this year but they didn't play DLS and frankly down the road nobody is going to remember them unless they can beat DLS. End of story and discussion.
Schedule the damn game.......and win it.

Originally posted by ararar:
The biggest difference I saw between Folsom and DLS/CC is the speed on the edge for both teams over Folsom.Folsom is great no doubt but are lacking in speed compared to these two.DLS had trouble in the first half because they had not seen the type speed that CC has and were taking really bad angles on tackling.As a result a lot of missed tackles.Once they adjusted in the second half their D was much better.Folsom has a stout front 7 but I believe DLS would have success up the middle and the speed of Custer on the edge would be a problem.Close game but I take both DLS and CC over Folsom.
I was talking about this with my brother. The Folsom WRs didn't have the speed advantage over Oceanside and probably didn't against Grant... but they get open all the time. Superior game planning and/or route running makes that offense work. A 4-star QB doesn't hurt, but they put up gaudy numbers even before Browning.

I believe that Centennial is the only SoCal team that would have a real chance at beating Folsom. De La Salle, of course, is the only in the north. A Folsom-DLS game this year would have been much, much closer than the last 2.

Stopping the Centennial run is about discipline as much as speed. The DLS DE kept biting on the fake, which opened the QB runs. It's when the DE stays home, then the dive is the read. Going to a 3-3-5 was a really good move by DLS, one I would wager almost no one else in the state could make and have it work. By doing so, they were able to account for both the dive and the QB. Although Folsom may not have had tons of speed, they may have had the necessary discipline... we'll never know. I also don't think that DLS simply shred's the Folsom D, but I do think they move it on them.

I think Folsom would fall somewhere between DLS and CC.

First off, I can't remember anyone saying that Folsom was not improved this year. Most would even say that Folsom would give DLS a run for their money. They are just not going to hand Folsom the reigns yet, as the best team in NorCal.

Oh and I think that G61 feels that Folsom should be the favorite.

I never said anything about Folsom being the favorite. Frankly, who cares!?

I said Folsom would BEAT DLS. You can be the favorite :)

Folsom is the best team in the state!

Originally posted by jimmyzr1:
Nascar, you can't use that Del Oro game to your advantage either. Del Oro played DLS without their top Qb and their top Rb. They played Folsom at full strength so that doesn't work either.
Jimmy, reread my post. I clearly said the Del Oro game was not a very accurate gauge to make a projection between Folsom and DLS. My point on that game was that it was a better gauge than to compare Folsom and DLS based on their games against Oceanside and CC. You can't look at the dominance of Folsom over Oceanside and draw a conclusion that Folsom is better than DLS because DLS gave up more points to CC. Not saying this is your statement, but clearly G61 was making this conclusion. So again I am not trying to argue DLS is better I am simply arguing that after the bowl games we still don't have a clear picture of who is better between Folsom and DLS.

Also let it be known I am a SJS supporter and have been for 20 plus years, so I would love to agree Folsom is top dog in the state, but just can't since there is no conclusive argument in favor of either school and honestly after watching both games, I still think DLS would have the edge in a game between the 2. I was really amazed by the speed of both DLS and CC. I just didn't see that kind of speed in the Folsom Oside game. Now maybe if Folsom was pushed they could have equal speed, but didn't see it.

G699, you are really on one today, don't get on here and say all of Folsom kids live within 5 miles of the school. You don't want to open up that can of worms, oh I forgot y'all got a lot of lawyers out there. Be happy you won state with a great team that probably would have given DLS a good game this year. Keep the other comments to yourself because you are making Folsom fans look bad.

It is hard to say because Folsom did not play DLS or CC this year. It terms of speed, the only team they played that had good/great speed was Grant.

Go watch the Grant/Folsom tape. Grant had MUCH superior speed on the corners. And, STILL Folsom receivers WIDE OPEN! You can't just look at a tape of two teams (DLS and CC) and say, "wow, look at that speed! Folsom couldn't handle that!) That is not a fair assessment. Speed or no speed, nobody execute on offense like Folsom. They run a pro style offense that most teams cannot defend.

Look at DLS! They are still running a 1950's offense with a quarterback who can't throw 10 yards! C'mon mannnn!
happy.r191677.gif

Originally posted by G61:
I am really glad that this thread stirred up as much as I hoped it would.

It seems that many of you just go with the "status quo" of DLS being the best. No matter what the facts are of THIS SEASON. Not 2 seasons ago.

I have said it before, and I will say it again...Folsom is the BEST TEAM IN THE STATE! Pow! Pow!
uzi.r191677.gif
There are no facts this season when comparing these two, only opinions.

Golfpilot,
That is laughable! There is a big difference between income (someone with a job) and "old money." The areas you mentioned do not have a higher annual family income. Those areas are affluent, filled with people with money, not people who make money. Big difference.

The point to that post was that I KNEW I would bring someone out of the wood works who would be offended that ANYONE would dare to say there was an affluent place outside of the Bay Area.

Judging from your name "golfpilot" you are probably the dad at the game in the khaki's and golf shirt, with no job to be at the next day. Pretty typical for the area.

Come to Folsom, I will show you around :)

G61 .......
laugh.r191677.gif
just another part of the coffee shop roundtable from folsom on this board. Ive been awful quiet on here and i open up the board today to see G61 post on the BASKETBALL board saying i suck so does Elk Grove and Sheldon and to get a job. And what is An EBT card. Never heard of it.. VERY RANDOM. So it only adds to the theory that since the Founder of this board lives in Folsom(which he told me at a game one time with his Norcal Preps jacket sweater on. I had conversation with him and he said Quote I Started this board for my son Doug. In convo he said he lives in Folsom. So who are you in the mix. Sound like a little grandson or do you meet for Coffee every morning with other board staff.

You are quite entertaining and a Hypocrite and should really be careful what type of comments and false info you want to stir.
First off you you say Elk GROVE sucks in a post to me but then want some allstar game with kids from Folsom and Elk Grove. Which is it.

You say 5 miles for all kids going to Folsom but i know for a fact where some of the kids live and its not Folsom. Tell me where your QB's the last few years are from. Came to Troy Taylor QB camps and end in Folsom. ???? Then the home grown QB has to go to Jesuit to play. You must realize that all those kids played youth football for years and many not on Folsoms youth program

Just asked someone what an EBT card is. WOW . So im on Welfare and section 8 . I went to college, played Football and Basketball and have a job that requires me to be Licensed by the state of California.

You posted that i must be on welfare because of the way i type. Sounds like there are some racial under tones. Funny how you posted a comment with The gun roll and EBT in same sentence and then edit it. COWARD. I type on my phone and often hit the wrong key or voice dictate and dont care to edit . Grammar police is not the point the message is

HEAT,
I am glad I got your attention. That was my intent. I just always see you posting negative garbage on here and wanted to let you know that I am here :)

So, you know :)

Hate on playa!

Chill Heat, I just like to stir the pot
happy.r191677.gif

Stir on....
This post was edited on 12/22 10:53 AM by G61

OK...a thread is created by someone that has admitted that he was trying to stir up controversy. His points are supported by circumstantial evidence at best. The only hard evidence we have are recent match ups. But we're only supposed to observe the controversy, or agree...not engage in it. Our bad. Let us know the rules ahead of time in the future.
Truth be told, I was extremely disappointed that this match up wasn't going to occur. I suppose it was orchestrated so that both teams could win a state title. Both teams are elite this year, so it would have only enhanced either team's resume.

My opinion is real and not meant to stir the pot.

Although, I do stir the pot on other things
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT