ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom at Granite Bay

ThunderRam

Hall of Famer
Sep 19, 2009
I'm out at this one tonight, currently checking out the JV game. Surprised there has not been a discussion going on about this key SFL matchup already. What do you guys think, will it be a good game or another blowout by the Bulldogs?

Legendary Cordova coach Max Miller is here tonight sitting on the GB home side wearing his 2010 Folsom Bulldogs hat. Nice!

Interested to see how this one goes. Will see how good GB D is. Have a feeling Folsom will exploit GB's corners. Tough to run out side tackles on GB expect to see Folsom attempt a number of runs up the gut at GB's 3-4. Another good reference game for SFL.

Reactions: ThunderRam
I think Folsom had 3 or 4 turnovers in the 1st half or it would have been much worse.

GB with the score! Folsom run defense having trouble against the Grizzlies. This game might be a bit closer than many expect. From just this initial drive, GB has a shot to pull of the upset and take control of the SFL league. But, it's early.

Tremendous opening drive for GB. If they can run it like that all game, they'll be in good shape.

7-0 GB, with Folsom getting their first crack to answer back.

Folsom stopped on 4th and 1 inside GB's 10. GB takes over on downs. That was big!

If GB can play penalty free going forward, they very much look like they can take this game.

Ok, penalties and turnovers ... LOL. GB driving until stripped of the ball. Folsom takes over at their own 45, but Folsom #31 leaves the field injured.

Folsom with the 35 yard pass for completion, followed with a throw that is almost picked off.

2nd and goal from the 1 and they lose a yard. 3rd and 2 (to score) and the Bulldogs lose a couple more yards. 4th and goal near the 5 with 30 sec left. Timeout!

Folsom going for it from their 6. TD pass to Ngata! Folsom is on the board. Woohoo! My #9 pick may be safe.

That's a huge play. Big momentum swing for Folsom who was close to getting shutout in the 1st half.

Pretty good game so far If granite bays qb was accurate on his deep ball they would have easily been up 14-0...I think Folsom should use their qbs legs a lil more it’ll open up the passing game Folsom doesn’t look as good adding the bell as years past credit granite bay

How is Folsom getting most of their yards? Balanced attack?

I didn’t catch the game from the beginning but they had a big pass play then mostly running judging by what I saw in the sac high game and the 1st half of this game they will be more balance than past years but to me they don’t look dominate throwing the ball

GB just killing themselves with turnovers and unforced errors. Folsom is clearly the better team, but the game closer than the score.

GB just killing themselves with turnovers and unforced errors. Folsom is clearly the better team, but the game closer than the score.

Yeah if Folsom is nor cals second best team we are so far behind so cal...Folsom will win this game but I’m not impressed the real difference in this game is Folsom has 1 or 2 more horses than gb

Last edited:
In no way was that pass interference. Not sure what the official thought he saw there. GB got a gift.

Yeah if Folsom is nor cals second best team we are so far behind so cal...Folsom will win this game but I’m not impressed the real difference in this game is Folsom has 1 or 2 more horses than gb

I agree with you that there isn't a great team in the SJS this season. But Folsom certainly looks better than anybody else I've seen.
They have some really good skill players, but they do look a tad small on the d-line. If they lose a game any time soon, I'd predict it's because a team is able to control the LOS offensively and run it on them. GB was doing that the 1st half, but couldn't sustain.

Offensively, their two receivers and scat back are gonna be more than most teams can handle. And 2 of the 3 are only sophomores.

I agree with you that there isn't a great team in the SJS this season. But Folsom certainly looks better than anybody else I've seen.
They have some really good skill players, but they do look a tad small on the d-line. If they lose a game any time soon, I'd predict it's because a team is able to control the LOS offensively and run it on them. GB was doing that the 1st half, but couldn't sustain.

I don’t think Folsom overwhelmed granite bay at all they just didn’t have the players on the outside that can run step for step with the two brothers from Reno. Any team that can match up will give them problems they look like a team that needs the big play the qb doesn’t look good. He does look good throwing deep to wide open WRs tho

Dang! Missed the 2nd half. Good job Folsom! Thanks for keeping my #9 pick a winner!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT