ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom at Granite Bay

I don’t think Folsom overwhelmed granite bay at all they just didn’t have the players on the outside that can run step for step with the two brothers from Reno. Any team that can match up will give them problems they look like a team that needs the big play the qb doesn’t look good. He does look good throwing deep to wide open WRs tho

GB had their chances to apply pressure when they were up 7-0 for most the half. They had some self-inflicted penalties that stalled drives and missed on an open deep pass. Had they managed to get up 14-0 and run the clock out, it could have been a much closer result. But I still think Folsom would have won because they finally settled down on defense and started sealing off the edge on the sweeps. GB just doesn't make enough plays in the passing game to win a game like this. But they are much improved, that's for sure.

Reactions: RidgeRider
GB had their chances to apply pressure when they were up 7-0 for most the half. They had some self-inflicted penalties that stalled drives and missed on an open deep pass. Had they managed to get up 14-0 and run the clock out, it could have been a much closer result. But I still think Folsom would have won because they finally settled down on defense and started sealing off the edge on the sweeps. GB just doesn't make enough plays in the passing game to win a game like this. But they are much improved, that's for sure.

I came away thinking if granite bay could actually throw the ball they could’ve easily won the game Folsom couldn’t stop them from running until granite bay got themselves behind the chains by trying to throw but Folsom clearly had the speed advantage which if probsckh why they have a sfl win streak those two brothers for Folsom are incredible

I came away thinking if granite bay could actually throw the ball they could’ve easily won
35-14 and didn't even play our best. On the road too.

Too many athletes future. And all this against teams trying to slow down the game against us. Go Folsom!

35-14 and didn't even play our best. On the road too.

Too many athletes future. And all this against teams trying to slow down the game against us. Go Folsom!
I didn’t see granite bay play no slower than they usually play the score doesn’t indicate how the game was actually played on the field but it does look good on the box score...you said the same thing about not playing good against Sac high...but Folsom does have some good athletes..it’s funny how they are from Reno and Elk Grove. I don’t think your qb is good they do a lot to help him but if he can’t complete a wide open fade route I don’t thunk he can beat teams just standing in the pocket

I didn’t see granite bay play no slower than they usually play the score doesn’t indicate how the game was actually played on the field but it does look good on the box score...you said the same thing about not playing good against Sac high...but Folsom does have some good athletes..it’s funny how they are from Reno and Elk Grove. I don’t think your qb is good they do a lot to help him but if he can’t complete a wide open fade route I don’t thunk he can beat teams just standing in the pocket
Slants galore!

I don’t think Folsom overwhelmed granite bay at all they just didn’t have the players on the outside that can run step for step with the two brothers from Reno. Any team that can match up will give them problems they look like a team that needs the big play the qb doesn’t look good. He does look good throwing deep to wide open WRs tho

Very accurate post in my opinion.

Folsom continues to beat good teams. What else more can you say? If they played 10 times I will take Folsom 9. And grant keeps slip sliding away..... same with that powerhouse capital Christian. Grant in for a rude awakening in SFL.
This ^^^^

Capital will not see anybody remotely as good at QB this year. That kid from Idaho is an absolute stud. Will be slinging TD passes for Huskies in a couple years after Browning enters the NFL. Keep talking about the glory days at grant..... They have at least 2 more losses on there regular season schedule. (Sheldon and Jesuit) Might be looking at 7-5 at best type season. Good luck next year.

Folsom continues to beat good teams. What else more can you say? If they played 10 times I will take Folsom 9. And grant keeps slip sliding away..... same with that powerhouse capital Christian. Grant in for a rude awakening in SFL.

A poor season doesn't mean slide. This year is this year, next season is next season. Things change.

Also don't get the Cap Christian comment. What did people really expect in YR1? Go check Kris Richardson's coaching records his first few seasons at Folsom. Troy Taylor went 15-15 there from 2002-2004. It typically takes some time. And when you schedule like CT does, it might look even rougher than it is.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Grant was 8-4 last year. They are 2-3 right now. They won 10 games in 2015 but played a very weak schedule before losing to a .500 Granite Bay team early in the playoffs. Not exactly the Grant of old. If they played in the SFL this year they would be near dead last.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Grant is going through a whole new shift it’s gonna take some time Folsom hasn’t lost a sfl game in some years so clearly no other team in the league has figured out Folsom. Despite their schedule they’ll have a better chance at beating them as they’ll be able to run with Folsom

Grant was 8-4 last year. They are 2-3 right now. They won 10 games in 2015 but played a very weak schedule before losing to a .500 Granite Bay team early in the playoffs. Not exactly the Grant of old. If they played in the SFL this year they would be near dead last.

They just blew that game to granite bay with their play calling they lost a 20 point 4th qrt lead.

Despite their schedule they’ll have a better chance at beating them
How r they going to run with Folsom if they can't beat Rocklin or GB!? Both those teams got smacked against Folsom. Folsom has elite skill position athletes. Grant is a thing of the past. Most of those families in the heights have traded in for better digs in Stockton South Sac 2.0 (Elk Grove). Lol

How r they going to run with Folsom if they can't beat Rocklin or GB!? Both those teams got smacked against Folsom. Folsom has elite skill position athletes. Grant is a thing of the past. Most of those families in the heights have traded in for better digs in Stockton South Sac 2.0 (Elk Grove). Lol

Last time they played granite bay they won by 20...the real question should be how good will Folsom be without their Reno players and Elk Grove players? Struggling with sac high but beating sfl teams I wonder why?

Last time they played granite bay they won by 20...the real question should be how good will Folsom be without their Reno players and Elk Grove players? Struggling with sac high but beating sfl teams I wonder why?
Where would all these other teams be without all of their players born outside of the school boundaries? My guess is all teams would look different to include Grant. A majority of those players were not necessarily born in the heights. Nor were Elk Grove kids all born in Elk grove. You know this future.

You're just bitter because Folsom smacked Sac High and that magical win last year got lost in history. Lol. Just admit it - Folsom is elite and it bothers u.

...the real question should be how good will Folsom be without their Reno players and Elk Grove players

Well, to be honest, that's not the real question. They have them and that seems to be "legal" or you'd have heard differently by now. So, you can expect it to continue, Future. Like clockwork.

Where would all these other teams be without all of their players born outside of the school boundaries? My guess is all teams would look different to include Grant. A majority of those players were not necessarily born in the heights. Nor were Elk Grove kids all born in Elk grove. You know this future.

For that matter, a lot of the kids playing for GB were not from GB. More like Woodcreek, Oakmont, Del Oro, Orangevale, Wheatland.....

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
For that matter, a lot of the kids playing for GB were not from GB. More like Woodcreek, Oakmont, Del Oro, Orangevale, Wheatland.....
But the my point was the difference makers for last night game was players from reed. Granite bay matched up pretty well everywhere else..Neither teams qb were impressive but that could just me watching too many Mater Dei games on YouTube.

You're just bitter because Folsom smacked Sac High and that magical win last year got lost in history. Lol. Just admit it - Folsom is elite and it bothers u.

Schools gets transfers. Grants qb is from rancho but 99% of our guys are in fact either are from the heights or their parents are proud alumni and what’s their son to play for grant but it’s a reason I pick on Folsom and you know why...2018

Schools gets transfers. Grants qb is from rancho but 99% of our guys are in fact either are from the heights or their parents are proud alumni and what’s their son to play for grant but it’s a reason I pick on Folsom and you know why...2018
2018 5th place champs!

But the my point was the difference makers for last night game was players from reed. Granite bay matched up pretty well everywhere else..Neither teams qb were impressive but that could just me watching too many Mater Dei games on YouTube.

The Ngata brothers are significant difference makers to be sure. Serious speed. Folsom's defense and OL also played well. But I tend to agree with you about Mater Dei. I think they would beat Folsom. I don't see Folsom's defense holding up against Mater Dei and the Folsom offense, despite the great ahtletic plays, sputters some and looks slightly one dimensional against a good defense. It simply does not look like they are in sync on pass offense. That said, I think its possible Folsom plays in the state game this year.

Lol so it only matters if the players are difference makers?

The Ngata brothers are significant difference makers to be sure. Serious speed. Folsom's defense and OL also played well. But I tend to agree with you about Mater Dei. I think they would beat Folsom. I don't see Folsom's defense holding up against Mater Dei and the Folsom offense, despite the great ahtletic plays, sputters some and looks slightly one dimensional against a good defense. It simply does not look like they are in sync on pass offense. That said, I think its possible Folsom plays in the state game this year.

Idk Folsom is good but not great that’s what I get from watching them good enough to beat the good teams but I don’t think they would beat any good team from the southern part of the state...maybe a smaller school but how their play offs are set up their d1 rep is probably the 4th-5th best team out there possibly even lower...maybe I hold Folsom to higher expectations than what reality is after watching two of their games and a couple of the so cal games online I can see why so cal people complain about the competition level up north..I don’t know about the politics in football down south but they look like their small schools would compete for d1 titles up here

Lol so it only matters if the players are difference makers?

Selective reading! But my point is teams looked pretty even but Folsom skill players were better athletes than granite bays...after 2010 I liked Folsom til I came on here and seen the stuff that you would say about Folsom it’s like your folsoms pr agent

Idk Folsom is good but not great that’s what I get from watching them good enough to beat the good teams but I don’t think they would beat any good team from the southern part of the state...maybe a smaller school but how their play offs are set up their d1 rep is probably the 4th-5th best team out there possibly even lower...maybe I hold Folsom to higher expectations than what reality is after watching two of their games and a couple of the so cal games online I can see why so cal people complain about the competition level up north..I don’t know about the politics in football down south but they look like their small schools would compete for d1 titles up here

The coaches in the south are better at recruiting and there is a great population to draw from. On average, I'd have to agree that the southern schools are better. But there is only one that goes to the big game. The title games have not necessarily been all about the south.

Reactions: future10
The coaches in the south are better at recruiting and there is a great population to draw from. On average, I'd have to agree that the southern schools are better. But there is only one that goes to the big game. The title games have not necessarily been all about the south.

Yeah I’m surprised they haven’t complained to the cif about it we kinda insure that we will send our best out there the fact that Mater Dei hasn’t played in a state game is crazy..but everything is faster in so cal I think they are a couple years ahead of us up here everybody runs the spread down there with a couple d1 qbs and players per team

Folsom may be there already. Did you watch the backup chucking it 65 yards in the air during warm ups?
No but that does equate to d1 talent most athletes that’s decent in the weight room should be able to throw it 50 yards..now 50 on a rope that’s special

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT