ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom/Central NorCal 1AA

Hey Cal14 since you're located in the southern part of Cali what's your take on how Folsom would fare against Cen10, Oaks Christian and Mission Viejo? I believe they could beat all three. What would be your score prediction on these matchups? Your input is greatly appreciated.

I'm guessing that I may be one of the only people who have seen all of these teams play. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who has seen most of these teams play live. Oaks Christian is the only one I've not seen in person. I saw Folsom 4 times (once live), Centennial 2 times (both live), Oaks Christian (twice online), and Mission Viejo twice (once live).

Contrary to the many of the yahoos on here, I believe Folsom matches up very favorably.

I don't think there's even a remote chance the Oaks Christian beats them. Watching them was a lot like watching St. Francis... maybe a little quicker, but basically the same thing. Fantastic defense, but pedestrian offense.

Before anyone brings up JSerra and how Oaks Christian beat them, I'll do it for them. But before that, I'll discuss St. John Bosco a little. Early in the year, despite the hype, they looked inconsistent at times. They weren't really even playing national teams, but they had a couple of games that looked... funny. I think that Coach Negro had everyone fooled, myself included. I think they were holding back, trying to disguise as much as they could in anticipation of their game with Mater Dei. That plan should probably be considered a good one, given what the Monarchs were able to do after really seeing them up close. Why bring up SJB when discussing JSerra? It's because the Lion's main claim to fame was not getting demolished by the Braves, losing 35-28. However, that game took place before the SJB-MD game, if you catch my drift. MD's 42-7 win over JSerra was probably more indicative of what they were. Bottom line, Folsom beats JSerra.

Folsom-Mission Viejo would be interesting as they had some big play capabilities, but I don't think they'd be able to cover Folsom's WRs the entire game (MD lit them up in the 2nd half of their game). It would be high-scoring, but I think Folsom would edge them.

This is one where most people seem to be going off of reputation than anything else. I strongly believe that Folsom-Centennial would be a very interesting game this year. In the past, the Huskies could beat you with both execution and raw talent. This year, it's mostly execution. Don't get me wrong, they have some very good players (especially on the D-front), but no one really stood out as being an elite D-I recruit. I didn't really think the talent gap between them and even Pittsburg was very big at all, but it was just very clear how better coached and football-intelligent they were. Pitt couldn't adjust to some of the looks that Centennial's D gave. Folsom, on the other hand, makes some of the best line-of-scrimmage adjustments I've seen. I don't know who would win. It would be a great game and the one I would most want to see amongst California teams.

I'm guessing that I may be one of the only people who have seen all of these teams play. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who has seen most of these teams play live. Oaks Christian is the only one I've not seen in person. I saw Folsom 4 times (once live), Centennial 2 times (both live), Oaks Christian (twice online), and Mission Viejo twice (once live).

Contrary to the many of the yahoos on here, I believe Folsom matches up very favorably.

I don't think there's even a remote chance the Oaks Christian beats them. Watching them was a lot like watching St. Francis... maybe a little quicker, but basically the same thing. Fantastic defense, but pedestrian offense.

Before anyone brings up JSerra and how Oaks Christian beat them, I'll do it for them. But before that, I'll discuss St. John Bosco a little. Early in the year, despite the hype, they looked inconsistent at times. They weren't really even playing national teams, but they had a couple of games that looked... funny. I think that Coach Negro had everyone fooled, myself included. I think they were holding back, trying to disguise as much as they could in anticipation of their game with Mater Dei. That plan should probably be considered a good one, given what the Monarchs were able to do after really seeing them up close. Why bring up SJB when discussing JSerra? It's because the Lion's main claim to fame was not getting demolished by the Braves, losing 35-28. However, that game took place before the SJB-MD game, if you catch my drift. MD's 42-7 win over JSerra was probably more indicative of what they were. Bottom line, Folsom beats JSerra.

Folsom-Mission Viejo would be interesting as they had some big play capabilities, but I don't think they'd be able to cover Folsom's WRs the entire game (MD lit them up in the 2nd half of their game). It would be high-scoring, but I think Folsom would edge them.

This is one where most people seem to be going off of reputation than anything else. I strongly believe that Folsom-Centennial would be a very interesting game this year. In the past, the Huskies could beat you with both execution and raw talent. This year, it's mostly execution. Don't get me wrong, they have some very good players (especially on the D-front), but no one really stood out as being an elite D-I recruit. I didn't really think the talent gap between them and even Pittsburg was very big at all, but it was just very clear how better coached and football-intelligent they were. Pitt couldn't adjust to some of the looks that Centennial's D gave. Folsom, on the other hand, makes some of the best line-of-scrimmage adjustments I've seen. I don't know who would win. It would be a great game and the one I would most want to see amongst California teams.
Thank you Cal14. Your analysis is how I feel as well. I truly believe Folsom would beat Oaks Christian and Mission Viejo by 2 scores THIS year. I also believe a game against Cen10 would come down to the team with the ball last but I also can see Folsom pulling that game out THIS year. Once again, thanks for your solid and well thought out analysis....

Careful @Cal 14,

You’ve posted back to back well-written, informative, thought out posts that used facts and knowledge. Too many more of those and you’ll be asked to leave the forum!

I thought the same thing when I watched Centennial vs Pitt, starting with that double pass for a TD Centennial threw on the first play from scrimmage. Pitt looked lost on defense after that. Brilliant call to start the game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT