ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom QB Bennett scores 7 TDs

Oak dale is always a tough out as I noted on a earlier thread my heart would be oakdale my wallet however would be Folsom

Heart can keep you around early but at the end of the day Folsom isn't only skilled, bigger, and more athletic they are equally as conditioned and probably better coached. I don't see it close unless Folsom totally comes unprepared and lays and egg. Best thing Folsom can do is hang 14 or 21 on them in the 1st qtr and take the crowd and emotions out of the game. If they become believers anything is possible.

Its funny schools win in different ways. Folsom will just demolish you. I mean they put up 50pts like nobody else. Whereas a school like Oak Ridge will win and sometimes ugly. But when those 2 teams meet you can bet it will be a dog fight. Oak Ridge will slow the game down. Schools like Jesuit think they can play that tempo and just get embarrassed. Not smart.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Heart can keep you around early but at the end of the day Folsom isn't only skilled, bigger, and more athletic they are equally as conditioned and probably better coached. I don't see it close unless Folsom totally comes unprepared and lays and egg. Best thing Folsom can do is hang 14 or 21 on them in the 1st qtr and take the crowd and emotions out of the game. If they become believers anything is possible.

Its funny schools win in different ways. Folsom will just demolish you. I mean they put up 50pts like nobody else. Whereas a school like Oak Ridge will win and sometimes ugly. But when those 2 teams meet you can bet it will be a dog fight. Oak Ridge will slow the game down. Schools like Jesuit think they can play that tempo and just get embarrassed. Not smart.
I believe Streak said it a while back about Jesuit playing GB and Folsom and how it would show equality or much difference between the Delta and SFL.

As demonstrated- HUGE gap/difference.

I love Oakdale personally. I love the Corral. I just don't see this game being close.[/QU
I love Oakdale personally. I love the Corral. I just don't see this game being close.

Hmmm... My hopes are this game is somewhat competitive. The mighty Folsom Bulldogs will most likely score first.

Oakdale usually starts out slow in the first half, and teams have been up 14 and 21 points on them, but Oakdale more than not comes back to win those games.

The problem as we know is they have not been up against a team like Folsom.. EVER!, so being down that much and coming back from it will be a BIG problem for the Mustangs.

No matter what I am happy they are playing. It will only make them better.

Merzon and the team no exactly what they are up against. I think for Merzon and the team to agree to take this on is huge, and it says a lot about Oakdale football. Our town is very excited about Folsom coming to the Corral. So win or lose I want to say Thanks Folsom... Goodluck to all and may it be an injury free game for all the boys!!

Hmmm... My hopes are this game is somewhat competitive. The mighty Folsom Bulldogs will most likely score first.

Oakdale usually starts out slow in the first half, and teams have been up 14 and 21 points on them, but Oakdale more than not comes back to win those games.

The problem as we know is they have not been up against a team like Folsom.. EVER!, so being down that much and coming back from it will be a BIG problem for the Mustangs.

No matter what I am happy they are playing. It will only make them better.

Merzon and the team no exactly what they are up against. I think for Merzon and the team to agree to take this on is huge, and it says a lot about Oakdale football. Our town is very excited about Folsom coming to the Corral. So win or lose I want to say Thanks Folsom... Goodluck to all and may it be an injury free game for all the boys!!
Great stuff. This will be so fun. Glad it was scheduled. Good luck to you!

Reactions: playsomeball
www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article170944552.html

This kid is amazing. Throws for 6 TDs and runs for 1. He lit up Jesuit and put on a show. He could be the next star from what I see. He can sling it and run like a track star.

Jesuit had a rough time with the Folsom skill players. I'm ready to see the SFL matchups now.

On to the Corral at Oakdale!
I guess Folsom HS works on their QBs since they are like 10yrs old and help them develop through middle school because it's impressive how they always have QBs that can perform the way they do at the High School level, hopefully we start seeing more succeed at the next level like Jake Browning.

I guess Folsom HS works on their QBs since they are like 10yrs old and help them develop through middle school because it's impressive how they always have QBs that can perform the way they do at the High School level, hopefully we start seeing more succeed at the next level like Jake Browning.
They do a great job in developing their players to perform within their system. Bennett is much more or a dual threat than the others. But he can sure sling it. He was impressed me big time!

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Hopefully Folsom will man up this year and agree to play DLS again for the right to go to state Open Game. After being thrashed two years in a row they chickened out for a third year.

To be the best you have to play the best.

Might be a decent game if Folsom was healthy. The concern I would have is the running game. Too many little fast bodies. They need a guy over 200 lbs who is no fun to tackle.

Hopefully Folsom will man up this year and agree to play DLS again for the right to go to state Open Game. After being thrashed two years in a row they chickened out for a third year.

To be the best you have to play the best.
Troll alert! Lol

How come all the troll accounts coincidently all show up on threads I am on? Lol. I am popular I guess.

Last edited:
Well, Paul, perhaps you can tell us all the ways they don't match well with DLS. I'm interested in your insights.

All of the things we saw in real games- not speculation:
DLS too physical.
DLS physical run game
DLS more team speed
DLS tackles well in space- a must vs Folsom
DLS pressures the QB
DLS strength & conditioning
DLS coaching- in game adjustments
DLS mental advantage over Folsom
DLS experience in decades of big games.

Off the top off my head, Those are some of the advantages I saw when they played.

I agree with that for the most part, but the 2014 Folsom offensive line with Jonah Williams on it might've been able to give Browning enough time. I know DLS was loaded that year as always. I wouldn't have bet against DLS but I do think it would've been more competitive than the previous two matchups.

Williams played vs DLS prior to 2014
As did probably half of both rosters.

"More competitive " is an awfully low goal- it wouldn't have been very difficult for Folsom to be more competitive than the two games they played.

I think the 2014 team coild have put up big numbers on offense on DLS. That I know. The problem they would have had was on defense. I'm not sure they could really slow them down enough.

All of the things we saw in real games- not speculation:
DLS too physical.
DLS physical run game
DLS more team speed
DLS tackles well in space- a must vs Folsom
DLS pressures the QB
DLS strength & conditioning
DLS coaching- in game adjustments
DLS mental advantage over Folsom
DLS experience in decades of big games.

Off the top off my head, Those are some of the advantages I saw when they played.

I understand but you are talking about a game that happened a few years ago. I was more interested in how you see the match up this year. I really don't pretend to know the personnel this year on DLS that well. I would say the Folsom has good lines this year, substantial speed at the skill positions, good in game adjustments and cockiness of Miami proportions. That said I think they have some youth and inexperience at many positions, the strength and conditioning programs may not compare favoarably, and lack of depth on the lines. Folsom really needs to guard against getting their kids hurt unnecessarily or they would get crushed.

Cmon guys.... we've been though this 2 years in a row. There's a reason they call it the Folsom rule.... they will always be behind DLS
I like how the thread turned into a thread about the Folsom QB throwing TDs to Folsom isn't better than DLS.

I like the compliments but c'mon guys lol

Reactions: awood1
Williams played vs DLS prior to 2014
As did probably half of both rosters.

"More competitive " is an awfully low goal- it wouldn't have been very difficult for Folsom to be more competitive than the two games they played.

My bad, I thought Williams was still at Davis before the 2014 season.

My bad, I thought Williams was still at Davis before the 2014 season.
Williams did play. But the entire team was sophomores and juniors. These things go on cycles at publics as we all know. It's not worth really arguing. The Folsom people all believe what we believe and everyone else has their opinion. I take much of the criticism as a compliment. We have come a long way and that makes me proud.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
I understand but you are talking about a game that happened a few years ago. I was more interested in how you see the match up this year. I really don't pretend to know the personnel this year on DLS that well. I would say the Folsom has good lines this year, substantial speed at the skill positions, good in game adjustments and cockiness of Miami proportions. That said I think they have some youth and inexperience at many positions, the strength and conditioning programs may not compare favoarably, and lack of depth on the lines. Folsom really needs to guard against getting their kids hurt unnecessarily or they would get crushed.

My position doesn't change. 2017 DLS has the potential to be be very good. They have all of the ingredients I listed above.

Miami cockiness or not, DLS has a significant mental advantage over Folsom.

My position doesn't change. 2017 DLS has the potential to be be very good. They have all of the ingredients I listed above.

Miami cockiness or not, DLS has a significant mental advantage over Folsom.
Either way I'd be a better matchup than any other in NorCal. Would u agree?

Williams did play. But the entire team was sophomores and juniors. These things go on cycles at publics as we all know. It's not worth really arguing. The Folsom people all believe what we believe and everyone else has their opinion. I take much of the criticism as a compliment. We have come a long way and that makes me proud.

Yeah that 2014 Folsom team was the best team I've seen in the Sacramento area since I started following high school football in 1999. I know Elk Grove and Grant have had some great teams too, but that was a little before my time.

DLS would have lost big time if their game yesterday was played back East. The heat and time difference wore down St. John's. It should've been a blowout the other way!

A wins a win a win a win a win a win. No excuses.

That's one of the perils in dealing with a national schedule. DLS has played their fair share of road games in different time zones with different weather. St. John's knew what they had signed up for, except maybe not the late start.

Reactions: Coolio12345
DLS would have lost big time if their game yesterday was played back East. The heat and time difference wore down St. John's. It should've been a blowout the other way!

Maybe. Heat was not normal for either team, no one is used to this weather in Norcal. The better conditioned team seemed to have won out. Time difference. Yeah I'm sure the SJC teenagers have never been up late on a Friday night? Don Bosco, Lakeland somehow managed to travel west from the east coast and get a W despite the time change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT