ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Mack of Folsom is the best QB in the state of CA

pastyfastquick3

Hall of Famer
Aug 26, 2019
I wanted to start this thread because this kid has barely got any mentions on this forum all year. I wanted to see how it played out, and it has been interesting. Some posters at the beginning of the season even proclaimed that he was "overrated," and "not good at all."

He just threw for over 500 yards and 8 TDs against one of NorCals best defensive teams, in a playoff game!

Current offers:
Stanford
Arizona
Cal
Colorado
Colorado State
Nevada
Oregon
Oregon Stte
San Jose State
Texas
Washington
Washington State
San Jose State

***He is only a JUNIOR!!!! He is 6'6 and has an NFL arm. His mobilty is getting better by the week. Can't wait to see him tear about Oak Ridge in a few days!

Stats this year
3125 yards
40 TDs
3 INTs

For comparison to other top QBs in the state:

Mack (Folsom)
3125 yards
40 TDs
3 INTs

Smith (Serra) stats this year.
2491 yards
34 TDs
8 INTs

Brown (Mater Dei)
2494 yards
29 TDs
4 INTs

Last edited:
I wanted to start this thread because this kid has barely got any mentions on this forum all year. I wanted to see how it played out, and it has been interesting. Some posters at the beginning of the season even proclaimed that he was "overrated," and "not good at all."

He just threw for over 500 yards and 8 TDs against one of NorCals best defensive teams, in a playoff game!

Current offers:
Stanford
Arizona
Cal
Colorado
Colorado State
Nevada
Oregon
Oregon Stte
San Jose State
Texas
Washington
Washington State
San Jose State

***He is only a JUNIOR!!!! He is 6'6 and has an NFL arm. His mobilty is getting better by the week. Can't wait to see him tear about Oak Ridge in a few days!
That's a nice list of schools, it's plain he's been noticed by college recruiters. But yes, I'm a little surprised he hasn't gotten more pub on this board, especially since he's a junior with all the measurables

I'm a little surprised he hasn't gotten more pub on this board, especially since he's a junior with all the measurables
Good call. In fairness, he is a bit of a late bloomer.

But as far as talent goes right now, I think he's the best pure passer in the state of CA!

HA!!!…. Could be one of your dumbest statements ever…. Modesto CC lost 48-7 to ST Mary’s, Gave up 35 to ST Francis and 42 to Serra…. Hardly “One of The Best Defensive Teams in Nor Cal”…. 🤣

Let’s look at what Mack Did against “Good” Defenses like Serra, DLS, Rocklin and PITT….

Mack had like 250 yards against Serra, 185 against “Awful” DLS, Like 175 against Rocklin and only 150 against PITT who are the 4 Best Teams that Folsom played this year…..

That’s a Total of 760 passing yards in 4 games against the best teams Folsom played for an average of 190 a game…. @larry legend33 is 100% right about Mack…. He is only getting offers because of his size….

He is nothing more then a non mobile version of Kayden Bennett who was great against all the overmatched competition Folsom played and awful against the only good team that Folsom played when he was there, and Bennett has been a total flameout in College…..

Heck…. Even ST Mary’s put up 45 and 325 yards passing on DLS’s “Awful” Defense and Mack Couldn’t even throw for 200 yards against the worst DLS defense in History….. 🤣🤣

Reactions: The Heat Miser
HA!!!…. Could be one of your dumbest statements ever…. Modesto CC lost 48-7 to ST Mary’s, Gave up 35 to ST Francis and 42 to Serra…. Hardly “One of The Best Defensive Teams in Nor Cal”…. 🤣

Let’s look at what Mack Did against “Good” Defenses like Serra, DLS, Rocklin and PITT….

Mack had like 250 yards against Serra, 185 against “Awful” DLS, Like 175 against Rocklin and only 150 against PITT who are the 4 Best Teams that Folsom played this year…..

That’s a Total of 760 passing yards in 4 games against the best teams Folsom played for an average of 190 a game…. @larry legend33 is 100% right about Mack…. He is only getting offers because of his size….

He is nothing more then a non mobile version of Kayden Bennett who was great against all the overmatched competition Folsom played and awful against the only good team that Folsom played when he was there, and Bennett has been a total flameout in College…..

Heck…. Even ST Mary’s put up 45 and 325 yards passing on DLS’s “Awful” Defense and Mack Couldn’t even throw for 200 yards against the worst DLS defense in History….. 🤣🤣
You might want to include Texas in this post and alert them to the awful decision to fly him in last weekend and offer him.

Apparently you see something they do not. :)

Mack is doing this all without Lyons this year. Imagine his stats with him! :) Best QB in the state resides in Folsom, CA!

That's a nice list of schools, it's plain he's been noticed by college recruiters. But yes, I'm a little surprised he hasn't gotten more pub on this board, especially since he's a junior with all the measurables
I am not…. Mack has not played well against any good teams he has faced…. Against Serra, DLS, PITT and Rocklin he only averaged 190 yards a game…. He only threw for more then 200 in 1 of those games which was a loss to Serra….

There are a Bunch of QB’s in Nor Cal that playing in Folsoms system would put up big numbers against the overmatched SFL and SJS teams that Folsom plays…..

The measuring stick for Mack is how did he do against the teams that beat or came close to beating Folsom…. The answer is Not Good…. The reason Folsom beat DLS, PITT and Rocklin was because of Folsoms Defense…. Not Because of Mack….

I am not…. Mack has not played well against any good teams he has faced…. Against Serra, DLS, PITT and Rocklin he only averaged 190 yards a game…. He only threw for more then 200 in 1 of those games which was a loss to Serra….

There are a Bunch of QB’s in Nor Cal that playing in Folsoms system would put up big numbers against the overmatched SFL and SJS teams that Folsom plays…..

The measuring stick for Mack is how did he do against the teams that beat or came close to beating Folsom…. The answer is Not Good…. The reason Folsom beat DLS, PITT and Rocklin was because of Folsoms Defense…. Not Because of Mack….
You sound mad about DLS getting beat twice in a row at home still. :)

Mack is a baller. Best QB in the state. And that bothers you.

Looks like he had a great time at Texas last weekend. They rolled they red carpet out before some of the big SEC dogs come calling! :)

You might want to include Texas in this post and alert them to the awful decision to fly him in last weekend and offer him.

Mack is doing this all without Lyons this year. Imagine his stats with him! :) Best QB in the state resides in Folsom, CA!
Texa’s Coach was probably Drunk and forgot to watch the Game Film of Serra, DLS, PITT and Rocklin…. 🤣

The best QB in the State Plays for MD and it’s not even close…. Mack will be taking Kayden Bennett’s place on the Bench at Sac State in a few years…. 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: larry legend33

Don't disagree, but he's only a junior,he's got another opportunity the rest of the playoffs to win a big game. They're all big from here on out

Mack isn’t even the best QB in northern calif.
He’s a good player don’t get me wrong. If I’m playing in a 7x7 tournament he is going high on my list. But we tackle football boys and girls.

And for the record folsom showed true colors running up the score late in that CC game. Mack threw 500 yards against a defense and team that would be 4th in the SFL. Congrats.

Brings back memories of browning throwing TD’s late when they were up 40 on teams. Just a bad look.

Look at the last really good QB from northern calif who is similar to Mack, I will give you a clue. He played at Liberty HS and is 3rd on depth chart at Oregon. Butterfield was a 4 star with a ton of pedigree. Guy hasn’t even played in college. Butterfield was playing with far inferior players and racking up crazy figures.

Folsom has a history of having really crazy stats players in Hs that don’t do much at next level.

Go somewhere you can play. He’s way to slow to play at some of these programs.

And for the record folsom showed true colors running up the score late in that CC game
BS- CC never waived the white flag and were slinging it, trying to score late. YOU PICKED THEM TO WIN! :)
So is OR gonna shut Mack down then, since he isn't that good?

Or is he going to ram 500 yards on you too? :)

You all want it both ways- Say Folsom isn't that good if they don't score a ton on good teams. When they pile it on, you all complain. It's truly unbelievable the amount of FDS (Folsom Derangement Syndrome) there is on this board lol

Mack isn’t even the best QB in northern calif.
He’s a good player don’t get me wrong. If I’m playing in a 7x7 tournament he is going high on my list. But we tackle football boys and girls.

And for the record folsom showed true colors running up the score late in that CC game. Mack threw 500 yards against a defense and team that would be 4th in the SFL. Congrats.

Brings back memories of browning throwing TD’s late when they were up 40 on teams. Just a bad look.

Look at the last really good QB from northern calif who is similar to Mack, I will give you a clue. He played at Liberty HS and is 3rd on depth chart at Oregon. Butterfield was a 4 star with a ton of pedigree. Guy hasn’t even played in college. Butterfield was playing with far inferior players and racking up crazy figures.

Folsom has a history of having really crazy stats players in Hs that don’t do much at next level.

Go somewhere you can play. He’s way to slow to play at some of these programs.
Old timers here recall a decade ago there were two Elite 11 guys and an early offer third one to Oregon (who backed up Mariota) ALL THE SAME YEAR IN THE EBAL. None panned out with one going to 5 schools and the other two carrying FBS clipboards all five years.

QB talent is SO subjective.

Current offers:
Stanford
Arizona
Cal
Colorado
Colorado State
Nevada
Oregon
Oregon Stte
San Jose State
Texas
Washington
Washington State
San Jose State

Good enough that San Jose State has offered him 2 scholarships!?!?!!

He’d better sign, quick!

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89

Was that official visit he took?

I love it! Hype and all! Glad to see him getting big time looks! He’s only a Jr. and is having a great season. He has a ton of upside and best wishes to him and any other NorCal kid getting recruited and or pursuing their dreams of playing college football!
Thanks brother! He is so good!

Reactions: BigMann08
You all want it both ways- Say Folsom isn't that good if they don't score a ton on good teams. When they pile it on, you all complain. It's truly unbelievable the amount of FDS (Folsom Derangement Syndrome) there is on this board lol
LOL....a more apt terminology for FDS might be Folsom Denial Syndrome which has been evidenced on this Site including by yours truly.

It is obvious who suffers from Folsom Derangement Syndrome whose symptoms include unbridled posting with more superlatives than piles of pepperoni found on Little Caesar's Super Bowl gut buster All Meat Special (no coupon needed) , slipping into & posting under various Sybilic personalities, and following the disappointing results/outcome of an anticipated competitve event affected subject disappears for days, weeks on end heralded by a deafening cacophony of crickets.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw the visit. I'm almost positive that was an unofficial so different in that Texas wasn't paying for him to be there. His recruitment is still very impressive for a 2024 prospect, but good to educate that no all visits are created equal.
How do you rate him compared to Rashada of Pitt as a junior?

Yes, I saw the visit. I'm almost positive that was an unofficial so different in that Texas wasn't paying for him to be there. His recruitment is still very impressive for a 2024 prospect, but good to educate that no all visits are created equal.
It is still early for him and he is somewhat of a late bloomer. Many high profile visits are on the horizon.

...already looking forward to Folsom's first-ever visit to the mean suburban streets of San Mateo next year...may we recommend the Polynesian buffet at halftime...

• Haha
Reactions: dcpanda and THEOC89
Has Rashada ever won a big game ? He lost to Folsom 2 times, DLS 3 times, Liberty of Bakersfield was a loss…..what is his signature win for a guy with like 4-5 D1 skill players ? Their win against CVC last year he didn’t play

Has Rashada ever won a big game ? He lost to Folsom 2 times, DLS 3 times, Liberty of Bakersfield was a loss…..what is his signature win for a guy with like 4-5 D1 skill players ? Their win against CVC last year he didn’t play
Agree, but was wondering how Rashada compares to Mack when Rashada was a junior. Rashada was still highly regarded despite not having won a big game, even as a junior. Which I often wondered about

Agree, but was wondering how Rashada compares to Mack when Rashada was a junior. Rashada was still highly regarded despite not having won a big game, even as a junior. Which I often wondered about
The kid from Miramonte will be better than both of them. Huge upside.

Arch Manning flew by private jet. Mack was section B on SW Airlines to Austin. Big difference.

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
The QB position is so hard to get right. We will continue to see those 3 star under the radar guys blossom and find the right programs and end up playing on Sunday while a lot of these elite 11 types go to big time schools and fizzle out , transfer 3x, and end there careers in fcs.
Leadership and intelligence don’t show up in the box score.

For me, Rashada was more polished as a junior than Mack, but he hasn't taken the jump this year that I would expect. Best junior QB prospect I've seen this year is Smith at Serra.

As mentioned, the QB position is the toughest to gauge from HS to college and even college to the pros (look up how that hyped 2021 NFL draft class is doing). Of course, arm talent, accuracy, decision making, etc make a difference, but it can come down to when you hit the wall of playing against bigger, faster players, do you look for ways to grow from the failures or just sit in it? And that is not something anybody has been able to grade out with any certainty.

He is an incredible QB for sure but not the best in the State. To be honest, hopefully he doesn’t read this board, because you are embarrassing him. Hoping he leads Folsom to a bowl win.

For me, Rashada was more polished as a junior than Mack, but he hasn't taken the jump this year that I would expect. Best junior QB prospect I've seen this year is Smith at Serra.

As mentioned, the QB position is the toughest to gauge from HS to college and even college to the pros (look up how that hyped 2021 NFL draft class is doing). Of course, arm talent, accuracy, decision making, etc make a difference, but it can come down to when you hit the wall of playing against bigger, faster players, do you look for ways to grow from the failures or just sit in it? And that is not something anybody has been able to grade out with any certainty.
One of my main points is have we seen any QB make an improvement from week 0 to now, as we have seen in Mack? I have seen hyper progression like I haven't seen before at this level. The difference is amazing.

One of my main points is have we seen any QB make an improvement from week 0 to now, as we have seen in Mack? I have seen hyper progression like I haven't seen before at this level. The difference is amazing.

Serra's QB has made strides in that time frame.

Word on the street is that Serra has 3 QB's that could start on any team in NorCal! So Smith also had to win the job. It was handed to Mack from what I understand and this is why the Serra QB Smith left Folsom.

All second hand info since I do not live near either school. My Buddy's son plays for Serra.

Serra's QB has made strides in that time frame.

Word on the street is that Serra has 3 QB's that could start on any team in NorCal! So Smith also had to win the job. It was handed to Mack from what I understand and this is why the Serra QB Smith left Folsom.

All second hand info since I do not live near either school. My Buddy's son plays for Serra.
Interesting. Serra doesn't seem to have the offensive scheme to showcase that kind of talent from what I saw. Maybe they have progressed?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT