Oct 3, 2017
CHEROKEE COUNTY
Game date/time: Friday @7:30pm
Site: Folsom High School, Prairie Field
Mascots: Bulldogs vs Grizzlies
Uniform colors: (Folsom) Blue/Red (Central) Orange/Black

Tale of the tape:
Records: Folsom (14-0) Central (13-1)
State Championships: Folsom (2) Central (0)
Offense: Folsom Spread/Read Opt Central Spread/Read Opt
Defense: Folsom (Base 4-3) Central (Base 4-4)
Players 2 watch: Folsom (J. Ngata, D. Ngata & K. Bennett) Central (J. Hunter, J. Bigelow & T. Walker)
Keys to the game: Folsom's O-line & D-line controlling the LOS. Central front 4 causing mayhem with their speed. Central's O-Line controlling the LOS in Pass Pro.

Note: If both teams "LOS play" is good this becomes a toss up. Dominant "line play" will most likely win this game. If "line play" ends up being a stalemate Central will win this game. I'll be giving my predictions on all games soon.

Last edited:
Game date/time: Friday @7:30pm
Site: Folsom High School, Prairie Field
Mascots: Bulldogs vs Grizzlies
Uniform colors: (Folsom) Blue/Red (Central) Orange/Black

Tale of the tape:
Records: Folsom (14-0) Central (13-1)
State Championships: Folsom (2) Central (0)
Offense: Folsom Spread/Read Opt Central Spread/Read Opt
Defense: Folsom (Base 4-3) Central (Base 4-4)
Players 2 watch: Folsom (J. Ngata, D. Ngata & K. Bennett) Central (J. Hunter, J. Bigelow & T. Walker)
Keys to the game: Folsom's O-line & D-line controlling the LOS. Central front 4 causing mayhem with their speed. Central's O-Line controlling the LOS in Pass Pro.

Note: If both teams "LOS play" is good this becomes a toss up. Dominant "line play" will most likely win this game. If "line play" ends up being a stalemate Central will win this game. I'll be giving my predictions on all games soon.
From what I’ve heard Folsom has a great offensive line, would like to see that battle at the line

I wonder if that Jevon Bigelow is related to Brendan Bigelow that played RB at Cal, he was also from Central. Last I heard he was with Tampa Bay.. Bigelow's had some good athletes. Jevon is taller 6'2" 195 lbs tall kid for RB
Brendan Bigelow when he came out - Central High School – East Campus
► One of the nation's top-rated running backs by several sources despite missing his entire 2010 senior season with a knee injury
► Rushed for an even 1,000 yards on only 87 carries (11.5 ypr) with 14 touchdowns on the ground as a 2009 junior, while adding 23 receptions for 327 yards and three scores for a squad that was 7-4 overall and 4-1 in the Tri-River League
► Top game as a junior was a career-high 277-yard rushing performance on 30 carries vs. Paso Robles, while he also had 221 rushing yards and three touchdowns on a mere six carries against Clovis
► Also a member of the track and field team, posting personal-bests of 10.62 in the 100, 21.29 in the 200 and 47.00 in the 400 meters

to

I wonder if that Jevon Bigelow is related to Brendan Bigelow that played RB at Cal, he was also from Central. Last I heard he was with Tampa Bay.. Bigelow's had some good athletes. Jevon is taller 6'2" 195 lbs tall kid for RB
Brendan Bigelow when he came out - Central High School – East Campus
► One of the nation's top-rated running backs by several sources despite missing his entire 2010 senior season with a knee injury
► Rushed for an even 1,000 yards on only 87 carries (11.5 ypr) with 14 touchdowns on the ground as a 2009 junior, while adding 23 receptions for 327 yards and three scores for a squad that was 7-4 overall and 4-1 in the Tri-River League
► Top game as a junior was a career-high 277-yard rushing performance on 30 carries vs. Paso Robles, while he also had 221 rushing yards and three touchdowns on a mere six carries against Clovis
► Also a member of the track and field team, posting personal-bests of 10.62 in the 100, 21.29 in the 200 and 47.00 in the 400 meters

to
Yeah PhotoGuy, Jevon is Brendan's younger brother. They were both coached up by a close friend of mine Tony Perry aka "DB Guru" throughout their youth and HS football career.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
Does central have the athletes to match up with Folsom? I know fresno produces a lot of athletes but most of them are spreaded throughout the schools mostly Edison

Will be interesting to se if Folsom does dominate and decides to leave first string in until end of game so they can beat the 49-30 margin DLS had over Central. Of course, DLS brought in the scrubs and allowed Central to score points at the end. If I remember correctly, Folsom's coach leaves his starters in to build up their stats, even if they are ahead by 5-6 touchdowns (Browning comes to mind).

Reactions: Deltadodger
Will be interesting to se if Folsom does dominate and decides to leave first string in until end of game so they can beat the 49-30 margin DLS had over Central. Of course, DLS brought in the scrubs and allowed Central to score points at the end. If I remember correctly, Folsom's coach leaves his starters in to build up their stats, even if they are ahead by 5-6 touchdowns (Browning comes to mind).

They called a time out with a clear win to score to beat sac high by more than 2 points...Folsom is a a lot to match up with their best players are all juniors “Reno express” they will be an even bigger problem next year they should really push for the open game next year since they know what type of team they’ll have.

Problem is that DLS has some real talent returning and up and comers on freshmen and JV team. They would still be a load for Folsom if they played next year. Will have to see Folsom's schedule for next year. if nothing changes they might as well kiss the Open Game away. They need to schedule SJB, Mater Dei, or Centennial Corona (and maybe DLS) next year early in the season.

They called a time out with a clear win to score to beat sac high by more than 2 points...Folsom is a a lot to match up with their best players are all juniors “Reno express” they will be an even bigger problem next year they should really push for the open game next year since they know what type of team they’ll have.
Really? I was at this game and didn't see this. Can you provide a link of the footage? Or is this another troll account?

Problem is that DLS has some real talent returning and up and comers on freshmen and JV team. They would still be a load for Folsom if they played next year. Will have to see Folsom's schedule for next year. if nothing changes they might as well kiss the Open Game away. They need to schedule SJB, Mater Dei, or Centennial Corona (and maybe DLS) next year early in the season.
Folsoms stars are juniors. Why wont DLS play them in week 0 this next year? Maybe you can confirm? Scared?

Folsoms stars are juniors. Why wont DLS play them in week 0 this next year? Maybe you can confirm? Scared?

Folsom studs are all juniors they very well can be nor cals top team if any year I’d schedule dls next year especially if I’m certain I’ll have a good offensive line coming back

Folsom studs are all juniors they very well can be nor cals top team if any year I’d schedule dls next year especially if I’m certain I’ll have a good offensive line coming back

A couple of them are only Soph's, namely Daniyel Ngata and Elijhah Badger.

Yeah but the biggest miss match problems on that team are juniors. Ngata size and speed is something you don’t come across to often especially in the folsom area

Folsom is going to spank Central. I think they smoke em and make a real statement. I could see a 3-4 TD margin.

I liked it better when you played with guys you grew up with and kids went to the school where they lived. I do understand why kids and their parents are drawn to top programs though.

I think we all do, my friend. ;)

Not only is that era seemingly gone, I miss the era of the pro athlete that didn't hug and have bromances with their rivals and that didn't jump ship to a frontrunning team just to get a ring.

Celtics-Lakers 30 for 30 sums up the era best for me. Not a fan of those franchises, but love the hardcore competition.

Folsom is going to spank Central. I think they smoke em and make a real statement. I could see a 3-4 TD margin.

That would certainly be a strong statement. And would go along way toward separating this current team from the past few. Depending how this upcoming game and a possible State game goes, they could end up as one of the top 3 in school history.

Bob33, you could be right but styles make fights. Imagine if Central comes in with a similar game plan as Sacramento or better yet the Sac coaches blueprint. Call it the "Sac affect". I could see Central making a huge statement as well. Folsom can only hope the Sac coaches are not involved in this game. Had I been the coach of Central the Sac defensive game plan with the Grizzlies athletes would be in full Sac affect against Folsom. Bank that.

Funny, everyone just remembers Folsom’s last game when they rolled a Short Handed St Mary’s. No one remembrs the previous week when Jesuit stayed within 2 TDs of the Bulldogs, despite being blown out in early season play!!
Yep! I wouldn't put too much stock in the St. Mary's game (like so many are doing). Give Folsom credit. They spanked my Rams and nearly beat them as bad as the Rams beat them last year. Touche! But, St. Mary's was not only short handed, they were not ready for the 1:45PM start. They had players joining the game late, finishing up their SAT's and just looked out of sync, fumbling the ball from the get-go. Their stud RB, Frampton, went down on the very first play on offense, and everyone has to remember what happened to the Rams last year when he went down vs Cathedral Catholic, after the Rams were dominating that game. Not saying that Folsom wasn't going to beat St. Mary's. But, the beating they took had many intangibles make that much worse. It's too bad, we did not get to see a Folsom vs St. Mary's game with Noah May not injured and seasoned thru playing all league/playoff games instead of just the one game vs Serra. It's too bad we did not get to see Folsom vs St. Mary's with a healthy Dusty Frampton and a healthy Marcus Aponte. Still, the game is played with whoever is on the field. Heck, if Sheldon's QB did not go down vs St. Mary's late in the game, Sheldon had a very good chance of beating the Rams and could have been in the championship game, instead. Many of Sheldon's players were feeling this frustration, big time. I still favor Folsom over Central. But, I think if all players on both teams are healthy, it will be a much better game/match-up than what we witnessed vs St. Mary's.

Funny, everyone just remembers Folsom’s last game when they rolled a Short Handed St Mary’s. No one remembrs the previous week when Jesuit stayed within 2 TDs of the Bulldogs, despite being blown out in early season play!!

You make a great point.

My take on that game is that it was partially Jesuit's drastic improvement over the course of the season (more than most and certainly a much different team than early on) and partially Folsom sleep walking through the game. When you beat a team the way Folsom did early in the season, the players just don't have respect for that team next time around -- no matter how hard to coaches preach differently. That's why you often see the script flip in rematches. But Folsom is good enough that it didn't quite happen. If they played a 3rd time, I think Folsom would win by 3+ scores. But perhaps my read is wrong.

Reactions: eaglepuss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT