ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Might be the greatest offensive display I've seen in the 20+ years I've watched football in the Sac Area. I've never seen anything like this. I stand by my statement if Folsom played DLS again they would win. And they would win the majority of the time.
62-6 over a very, very good OR team in 3rd.

another running clock. Starters haven't played much of a 3rd quarter all year. Just crazy.

They may not score less than 50 in a half against any SFL team. Maybe marin catholic will step up and agree to a game? That would be fun.

Yeah that is too bad.. But seriously I'm not a Folsom homer I'm just a fan of good football and I'm not sure there is a better assembly of talent than I can recall. How many D1 players are on that team? And NGATA/BADGER kids could end up playing on Sunday. I'm in total awe.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
another running clock. Starters haven't played much of a 3rd quarter all year. Just crazy.

They may not score less than 50 in a half against any SFL team. Maybe marin catholic will step up and agree to a game? That would be fun.

You guys would running clock MC, why ruin your SOS?? Folsom is a National Power why don’t you call out DLS and play them in a game on the field ?

Yeah that is too bad.. But seriously I'm not a Folsom homer I'm just a fan of good football and I'm not sure there is a better assembly of talent than I can recall. How many D1 players are on that team? And NGATA/BADGER kids could end up playing on Sunday. I'm in total awe.
So amazing to see live. and they r getting better every week. Scary. Athletes everywhere a mean defense. the best team in norcal imo

I, for one, know that... Folsom is very, very good. I just don't like feeding the hungry bears that prowl this neck of the woods.
DLS struggled to get 14 points on folsom. Easily got 27 plus probably more against the "best" team in Nevada.

Wonder what DLS would do struggling on offense against a folsom offensive machine right now? Best in norcal. Id take folsom by a few scores for sure!

Now that would be something!

DLS struggled to get 14 points on folsom. Easily got 27 plus probably more against the "best" team in Nevada.

Wonder what DLS would do struggling on offense against a folsom offensive machine right now? Best in norcal. Id take folsom by a few scores for sure!

We seen what folsom offense looks against a good defense there’s zero indicator that Folsom would do any better against Gorman

We seen what folsom offense looks against a good defense there’s zero indicator that Folsom would do any better against Gorman
False. Folsom would wrap 70 on Gorman. 40 in the 1st half. Best offensive team in norcal history. Top defense this year.

Grant will be down 40 at half. Running clock entire second half. Just too many athletes for the folsom program.

Anyone ready for a Saturday game in kentfield against Antioch!?????

:)

Couple points to curtail this discussion:

Folsom and DLS played on the field this season. De La Salle won 14-0. That is an undisputed fact.

If Folsom and DLS played again in a NorCal game, you can make a reasonable argument that either team would win. I can make a case for either winning a rematch that won't happen.

If you want to continue with these posting of needling each other fan bases, take it somewhere else. Banter is good, but this is pointless.

False. Folsom would wrap 70 on Gorman. 40 in the 1st half. Best offensive team in norcal history. Top defense this year.

Grant will be down 40 at half. Running clock entire second half. Just too many athletes for the folsom program.

Anyone ready for a Saturday game in kentfield against Antioch!?????

:)

Sfl is weak this year grant will give folsom its best game in league play grant will finish higher in sfl then they did in delta book it

Sfl is weak this year grant will give folsom its best game in league play grant will finish higher in sfl then they did in delta book it
Nearly 60 in the first half against OR.

I am sure the Grant game will be close. Probably only score 58 at the half. Starters out at halftime. Should be a great night in the heights brother!

Nearly 60 in the first half against OR.

I am sure the Grant game will be close. Probably only score 58 at the half. Starters out at halftime. Should be a great night in the heights brother!

Folsom is on another level this I’m more so excited about the future match ups. After watching a couple sfl games I think if grant can clean up self inflicted mistakes they’ll finish 2nd in sfl

DLS struggled to get 14 points on folsom. ....
Best in norcal. Id take folsom by a few scores for sure!....

....and on that note.....The Titantic did not sink but was overwhelmed and out numbered by an unfortunate inundation of sea water. Had the volume of the surrounding ocean been just a bit smaller or the Titantic much, MUCH larger it would be different outcome.

Or.....How the Lakota & Cheyenne struggled mightily against the superior fire power of Custer's 7th Calvary and were lucky to eke out a decisive win over hapless Army troopers at Little Big Horn......Now that was something....

Folsom vs DLS = 0 points
BG vs DLS = 21 points

Since BG was able to score 21 points against DLS, and Folsom scored 0, hence BG > Folsom

Might be the greatest offensive display I've seen in the 20+ years I've watched football in the Sac Area. I've never seen anything like this. I stand by my statement if Folsom played DLS again they would win. And they would win the majority of the time.
62-6 over a very, very good OR team in 3rd.
"......And I stand by my statement. Larry Bird will win more championships than Magic Johnson!"
Larry Legend33 1980

Folsom vs DLS = 0 points
BG vs DLS = 21 points

Since BG was able to score 21 points against DLS, and Folsom scored 0, hence BG > Folsom
BG gave up 27 points.
Folsom gave up 14.
Folsom>BG

Also- by your logic
SJB vs Chaminade- 56 points
Folsom vs Chaminade- 70 points
Folsom>SJB

We can all twist numbers to support our agenda.

Lets not get carried away with Grant. I still think OR and DO are much/much better teams. Grant will probably end up in 4th spot. But like I said earlier the gap between Folsom and everybody else is bigger than its ever been.

OR needs to just move on from this game. It was pretty demoralizing on that sideline. Nothing you can do about that sort of performance. Talked to some longtime Folsom fans and they couldn't remember a more dominant type display. Maybe Vacaville years ago in playoffs?? Honestly Folsom could have hung 90+ on #2 team in SJS. That is crazy.

Jenner throws a beautiful ball for OR when he has time. He was running for his life most of the night though. #10 lamson the SOph for OR played a nice game. HE was in a on a lot of plays.
And Elijah Badger is a lot better than I recall. He has a gear that not to many have.

Bummed it wasn't a better game.

Reactions: norcalfootballfan2
Lets not get carried away with Grant. I still think OR and DO are much/much better teams. Grant will probably end up in 4th spot. But like I said earlier the gap between Folsom and everybody else is bigger than its ever been.

OR needs to just move on from this game. It was pretty demoralizing on that sideline. Nothing you can do about that sort of performance. Talked to some longtime Folsom fans and they couldn't remember a more dominant type display. Maybe Vacaville years ago in playoffs?? Honestly Folsom could have hung 90+ on #2 team in SJS. That is crazy.

Jenner throws a beautiful ball for OR when he has time. He was running for his life most of the night though. #10 lamson the SOph for OR played a nice game. HE was in a on a lot of plays.
And Elijah Badger is a lot better than I recall. He has a gear that not to many have.

Bummed it wasn't a better game.
its crazy how good they are and keep getting better every week! i honestly think they could give the big 2 in socal a VERY good game. They would roll Cen10 IMO

Assuming Folsom and DLS run the table the rest of the season what will likely play out for the Norcal/State? Just curious how that Folsom loss to DLS comes into play.

OR back up QB very mobile and throws the ball very well. And if you like tall, you got it. In SFL competition, OR will continue to see pressure on the QB. You simply can't yield six sacks and four uncalled intentional groundings to kill almost every late down for long distance. You have to convert. The single score that wasn't in garbage time might very well have been a bad call...not sure. SFL teams will blitz the hell out of OR unless they run the ball more effectively.

OR Soph QB will be one of there highest rated prospects in a long time. #10 was all over the field on defense as well last night. He could get recruited as a safety if he wanted too. Tremendous athlete.

OR back up QB very mobile and throws the ball very well. And if you like tall, you got it. In SFL competition, OR will continue to see pressure on the QB. You simply can't yield six sacks and four uncalled intentional groundings to kill almost every late down for long distance. You have to convert. The single score that wasn't in garbage time might very well have been a bad call...not sure. SFL teams will blitz the hell out of OR unless they run the ball more effectively.

Spot on. OR should stay away from running the ball with a QB that can't run. No defender in the field is worried about that threat. A QB with a real running threat....those plays might work. Maybe they were doing it to keep the defense honest for pass plays due to complete inability to extend the play. OR is a very big team capable of being #2 in the SFL if they can run the ball.

Spot on. OR should stay away from running the ball with a QB that can't run. No defender in the field is worried about that threat. A QB with a real running threat....those plays might work. Maybe they were doing it to keep the defense honest for pass plays due to complete inability to extend the play. OR is a very big team capable of being #2 in the SFL if they can run the ball.

I think Del Oro is #2. But you are right, that OR team has some serious size.

I think DO and OR are playing for their champ (#2 in SFL). Both teams are probably very close at this point. Don't judge too much about Folsom game. They are going to do that to everybody and being its a rival game and OR has played Folsom tough the last 2 years I think they wanted to make a statement. (and did).

Assuming Folsom and DLS run the table the rest of the season what will likely play out for the Norcal/State? Just curious how that Folsom loss to DLS comes into play.
Assuming DLS and Folsom do not lose any games DLS will be relegated to Open and Folsom to D1-AA, the same as last year. In some ways, Folsom might be the better choice for Open, but it would difficult for the CIF Bowl Committee to overlook a head-2-head win by DLS. I doubt even inner school negotiations betwee DLS and Folsom could change this outcome.

Reactions: awood1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT