ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pittsburg vs. Narbonne

It’s not debatable.They got pushed backwards both times because their line was getting run over.so they only held them to 6 when they had the wind and 12 when didn’t.why was that?
Well, despite this loss Pitt did a great job. They showed they can win a State title and can match many of the big boys of the South (except Mater Dei this year, they were a beast!). Pitt may have gotten winded up in the 2nd half but the real changeover came when the FG kicker was roughed up and fumbled the ensuing kick where Narbonne scored with the turnover. It was still winnable if it were not fumbled and if the following Narbonne fumble at Pitt's redzone was awarded to Pitt. I know there's a lot of if situation here but it does look like Pitt will come back with a vengeance next year, with a lot of returners especially on the Pitt D and the "real" starter QB Trey Turner who's also a junior like the current QB Justin Boyd will be healthier and give Galli more options. Congrats to Pitt for achieving this year what wasn't achievable in the past---winning State Regionals and playing for the State Title. Kudos to Narbonne's big boys for another State title.

Reactions: Paloma
Well, despite this loss Pitt did a great job. They showed they can win a State title and can match many of the big boys of the South (except Mater Dei this year, they were a beast!). Pitt may have gotten winded up in the 2nd half but the real changeover came when the FG kicker was roughed up and fumbled the ensuing kick where Narbonne scored with the turnover. It was still winnable if it were not fumbled and if the following Narbonne fumble at Pitt's redzone was awarded to Pitt. I know there's a lot of if situation here but it does look like Pitt will come back with a vengeance next year, with a lot of returners especially on the Pitt D and the "real" starter QB Trey Turner who's also a junior like the current QB Justin Boyd will be healthier and give Galli more options. Congrats to Pitt for achieving this year what wasn't achievable in the past---winning State Regionals and playing for the State Title. Kudos to Narbonne's big boys for another State title.

Narbonne's personnel was impressive. No big disgrace losing to that group.

Reactions: slick58 and Paloma
Question: did the Pitt QB have a hand injury or something? Pitt's passing game was not very productive in 2nd 1/2 and many of the passes were off target. I saw same QB earlier in season and he was throwing a much tighter ball. Just curious..

Question: did the Pitt QB have a hand injury or something? Pitt's passing game was not very productive in 2nd 1/2 and many of the passes were off target. I saw same QB earlier in season and he was throwing a much tighter ball. Just curious..
I saw a picture on either Chronicle or Mercury News web site of a huge turf burn on his hand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT