ADVERTISEMENT

Gridley, Day 2

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
First game features Capital Christian and St. Pat’s St Vincent (“make up your mind already”, I heard one fan say last night)

I think CC’s young, athletic squad has an edge, but a very small one. Outside of the obviously huge Dishon Jackson, SPSV doesn’t really have a lot of size, at least not as much as CC does...

CC was dominant early, but SPSV has somehow turned it around... 3 buckets in a row, but they trail 11-9 late in the 1st.

CC scores to stop that run, but SPSV knocks down a 3 at the quarter buzzer to close to 13-12. CC by 1.

It was 11-2 CC at one point, but now it’s 18-18... but Jackson just got his 2nd foul.

29-24 CC at the half. Jackson plugged up the holes on D, and avoided a 3rd foul before the half, a big key. Even had a nice drive from the elbow to the rack for their last bucket.

CC having a good bit of trouble closing this one out, 55-47 with 1:41 left.

...but they managed to hang on without it really getting all that close... I think the closest was 7. Got almost that close again at the end, 62-54 final.

Time for Weston Ranch v. Gridley... If Ranch just settles down some, they should win handily... But that’s why they play the games.

Gridley is showing no fear, hanging in tough... 19-11 now. I said it before, I’ll say it again. Gridley has a real shot at going undefeated in the reg. Season outside this tourney.

32-19 WR, 1:59 left in the half... Coilton has sunk a pair from Oroville (okay, 28-20 feet) in the quarter for WR.

35-21 at the half... WR definitely in control, but can’t figure out how to really put ‘em away.

42-31 WR with 2 min left 3rd...

Grant Tull is keeping Gridley within striking distance almost completely by himself.

WR now up by 9, 6:09 left. Gridley has looked like thy might get up into the game a few times, but jusssst not quite. 6:05 left

Dublin, Peckerwood’s choice :) takes on Riordan.

Hard to believe WR almost nipped Riordan at their place the way they’ve both looked here.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
36-17... Riordan finally getting dug in, but they have dug themselves a deep hole to get out of.

Dublin putting on a clinic with Sanders, Jackson and Roy leading the way. Riordan getting rebounds but having difficult converting / hitting shots. Riordan also sloppy with the ball and Dublin has quite a few steals and points off turnovers.

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Riordan opens the 3rd with three quick buckets, including a gorgeous drive by Monroe... 44-30, time out Dublin.

Amazing driving layup by Clark... 49-38, 3 min left, but Dublin answers... 51-38.

57-45 Dublin after 3... Leaking oil, they’re trying to limp that racecar to the finish line...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT