ADVERTISEMENT

Jordon Brookshire

Going to look at SLO for my daughter as well. The urban legend which scares off a lot of people off is you cannot change your major? I've heard it's not true, but it is very difficult. Any insight / experiences on this Bubba?
I'd be worried less about changing majors and more about the ban of "drive thrus" in SLO! This killed me when I was there with my kids!

I'd be worried less about changing majors and more about the ban of "drive thrus" in SLO! This killed me when I was there with my kids!

I must be an old fart. What are "drive thrus"? You mean drive thru fast food? Like I mentioned before, there's nothing inexpensive about living in SLO, the sixth most expensive county in the nation. In California, only Marin and SF counties are more expensive.

Going to look at SLO for my daughter as well. The urban legend which scares off a lot of people off is you cannot change your major? I've heard it's not true, but it is very difficult. Any insight / experiences on this Bubba?
bella, CP has routes to change majors but the requirements are relatively high. One would have had to qualify for admission under the desired new major upon entry which is probably the biggest hurdle. Your GPA has to be around 3.0 and you must take three classes and get a 2.75 or better and you have show that you can graduate in 5 years from your start date. These criteria are very hard to meet if you are changing disciplines like business to engineering. To make matters more complicated each school has its own requirements

Last edited:
bella, CP has routes to change majors but the requirements are relatively high. One would have had to qualify for admission under the desired new major upon entry which is probably the biggest hurdle. Your GPA has to be around 3.0 and you must take three classes and get a 2.75 or better and you have show that you can graduate in 5 years from your start date. These criteria are very hard to meet if you are changing disciplines like business to engineering. To make matters more complicated each school has its own requirements

Thanks for the reply. Definitely not easy. We'll have to keep it as an option for sure, great school and location. And If it doesn't work out for her the world needs ditch diggers to.

Reactions: Bshire1
Thanks for the reply. Definitely not easy. We'll have to keep it as an option for sure, great school and location. And If it doesn't work out for her the world needs ditch diggers to.
Would highly recommend it for anyone. Great school, great college town experience, a beach, and employers in the Silicon Valley love the grads

Yeah awesome. Sometimes it takes a little time and competition is a good thing. He will continue to get stronger and the confidence will build.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Hey guys, sorry I’m so late with this. Very frustrating season. Jordon has been the guy since they stopped splitting time 50-50 after the first few games. The coach still gives Sullivan A few series every game. Like i said, it’s been a difficult year for me to watch. Lol. Not sure if anyone is interested but here’s Jordon’s mid season highlights...

Hey guys, sorry I’m so late with this. Very frustrating season. Jordon has been the guy since they stopped splitting time 50-50 after the first few games. The coach still gives Sullivan A few series every game. Like i said, it’s been a difficult year for me to watch. Lol. Not sure if anyone is interested but here’s Jordon’s mid season highlights...

No offense. But I think going to this junior college was a mistake. Your son is better than that. I would have taken the offers right out of high school. Still better than a JC, plus it's no guarantee as we have seen this year.

Either way I hope it all works out. Great player!

Hey, its been a brutal year I can only imagine up in bear cub country. Love watching Brookshire. Looks like his footwork in the pocket and passing technique continues to get better. It will be hard to pass up a kid this size and talented. Not sure how the recruiting stuff is going but with a year like this it might be a 2 year process now instead of a 1 at the JC level. It will get better! Thanks and keep us posted.

Hey, its been a brutal year I can only imagine up in bear cub country. Love watching Brookshire. Looks like his footwork in the pocket and passing technique continues to get better. It will be hard to pass up a kid this size and talented. Not sure how the recruiting stuff is going but with a year like this it might be a 2 year process now instead of a 1 at the JC level. It will get better! Thanks and keep us posted.
Still think he should have taken the offers he had coming out of Newman. Loved his game out of HS and was under recruited because of where he came from. Still think JC was the wrong route, although I still hope it works out.

Still think he should have taken the offers he had coming out of Newman. Loved his game out of HS and was under recruited because of where he came from. Still think JC was the wrong route, although I still hope it works out.

Hindsight is always 20-20. My own son is currently playing on an 0-7 team, I don't think he's ever played on a team with a losing record since he was 8 years old. The Mustangs play the Aggies this Saturday at Davis in the Battle of the Golden Horseshoe. Come out and watch, there's plenty of Nor-Cal talent on both squads.

Personally I always understood Jordan's decision. Jordan is a true dual threat quarterback and I can see why he wasn't excited to play QB in the New Mexico system. Dad Brookshire, can you share with us any programs that are seriously looking at Jordan?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bshire1 and RLS13
Hindsight is always 20-20. My own son is currently playing on an 0-7 team, I don't think he's ever played on a team with a losing record since he was 8 years old. The Mustangs play the Aggies this Saturday at Davis in the Battle of the Golden Horseshoe. Come out and watch, there's plenty of Nor-Cal talent on both squads.

Personally I always understood Jordan's decision. Jordan is a true dual threat quarterback and I can see why he wasn't excited to play QB in the New Mexico system. Dad Brookshire, can you share with us any programs that are seriously looking at Jordan?
I guess I come from the old school way of thinking that has any D1 offer as better than a local junior college. The beauty of all this is he is able to chose what is best for him which he did. I can respect that. Rootin for the young man.

Very good film. I love the way he avoids pressure and still delivers an accurate ball. May I ask what his forty time is?

I guess I come from the old school way of thinking that has any D1 offer as better than a local junior college. The beauty of all this is he is able to chose what is best for him which he did. I can respect that. Rootin for the young man.

There are definitely two sides to this pancake. Going D1 as a freshman gives him the total college experience that one doesn't really get at the JC level. It boggles my mind a JC coach wouldn't just hand the rock to a kid like Jordan, rather than platoon him with another QB. Personally, I think there's enough impressive film that he may get a good D1 offer after only one year at the JC level, at least that's my hope for him. If not, he can continue to impress next year and then transfer.

I am not sure what Brookshire’s scholarship situation was, but sometimes it is not always as simple as it seems. Promises and perceptions change all the time in recruiting, and all we get is surface information. I’m sure there’s more to this situation than not liking the one D1 offer and going the JC route instead.

No offense. But I think going to this junior college was a mistake. Your son is better than that. I would have taken the offers right out of high school. Still better than a JC, plus it's no guarantee as we have seen this year.

Either way I hope it all works out. Great player!
No offense take at all, you may be right. Thank you

Reactions: Bubba3000
Yeah we really thought it would be better but not crying now. At this point we just have to wait and see what happens. I also think it gave Jordon to show his arm.

MC415, I will definitely keep you’ll posted on what’s going on.

I am not sure what Brookshire’s scholarship situation was, but sometimes it is not always as simple as it seems. Promises and perceptions change all the time in recruiting, and all we get is surface information. I’m sure there’s more to this situation than not liking the one D1 offer and going the JC route instead.

That's a really good point, Paloma. Offers sometimes getting pulled back, especially those offered early in the recruiting process

Thank you Bubba. I wish I could check that game out Saturday. I got an opportunity to be on a Netflix show filming Saturday evening. (A extremely small part lol) this is very new territory for Jordon, but he’s handling it better than I am. I just talked to Coach Wagner about an hour ago. There’s nothing very serious now, but coach seems to believe it’s coming. We’ll see. As I find out I will pass it along. Good luck Saturday!!

There are definitely two sides to this pancake. Going D1 as a freshman gives him the total college experience that one doesn't really get at the JC level. It boggles my mind a JC coach wouldn't just hand the rock to a kid like Jordan, rather than platoon him with another QB. Personally, I think there's enough impressive film that he may get a good D1 offer after only one year at the JC level, at least that's my hope for him. If not, he can continue to impress next year and then transfer.
I agree Bubba, I’m hopeful that something will happen for him. I’m not sure of the process of finding a qb1. In the end it may be good for Jordon, he’s always started since age 8 also.

Absolutely, the one offer he had loved him then was like, wait. Then loved him again. This whole thing has definitely gave me a new perspective on recruiting.

Absolutely, the one offer he had loved him then was like, wait. Then loved him again. This whole thing has definitely gave me a new perspective on recruiting.

That's exactly how Reno treated my kid. Then had the nerve to act bent at the end when he declined. It's funny because Tyler got offered by UNLV twice, without the second staff having any knowledge of the previous staff's offer.

Last edited:
That's exactly how Reno treated my kid. Then had the nerve to act bent at the end when he declined. It's funny because Tyler got offered by UNLV twice, without the second staff having any knowledge of the previous staff's offer.
Pretty cool that 2 different coaching staffs from UNLV offered. Some of these schools want you to wait while they put you on hold but forget all about that when they decide they want you. Lol

Reactions: MC415
Went to the SRJC football game on Saturday and couldn't help but wonder why Brookshire barely saw the field. I thought he was the starting QB. He didn't come in until I think the 3 quarter and was only in for 3 plays before coach put Sullivan back in. I've seen them both play now and definitely thought Brookshire was the stronger at the QB position. Anybody have any insight?

Reactions: MC415
Went to the SRJC football game on Saturday and couldn't help but wonder why Brookshire barely saw the field. I thought he was the starting QB. He didn't come in until I think the 3 quarter and was only in for 3 plays before coach put Sullivan back in. I've seen them both play now and definitely thought Brookshire was the stronger at the QB position. Anybody have any insight?

No insight but to me it reeks of a personality conflict between Jordan and the coach. Jordan is a legit D1 caliber player.

What happened over at srjc? 1-8? They have never been that bad. This program seems rock solid year in and out. I can't believe it's a controversy. Brookshire is much more talented.

What happened over at srjc? 1-8? They have never been that bad. This program seems rock solid year in and out. I can't believe it's a controversy. Brookshire is much more talented.

To be fair I've never seen any film on Jordan's competition at QB at SRJC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT