ADVERTISEMENT

Kline back to Berkeley

Grass is always greener -- he just didn't realize it was always about the degree man.....a UCB degree will serve him well.

Reactions: 1315
After many moves, from Berkeley to Butte JC to Indiana State, former SRV QB Zach Kline has transferred back to Cal as a walk on for his last season.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/sports/ci_29581546/cal-football:-qb-zach-kline-returns-to-berkeley
I never understood the fascination with Kline coming out. Don't get me wrong the guy has talent but he wasn't a full time starter as a JR in high school and next thing ya know he had 4 stars and was in the national top 100 on must recruiting sites as a SR. He did have a great SR year and I was at the SRV-Cal game where he was beyond brilliant. It's easy to be the Monday morning QB after the fact and say I knew he wasn't big time, should of been a 2 star guy just like the Foothill QB from the 2014 season

Its all about blowing up at these camps. Made some of these kids instant hero's and people bought into it. Oh wow the guy has 11 inch hands and can run a 4.5 40 but can't throw the ball in the ocean. Its like the NFL combine. What a joke. They will be measuring CACK size soon.
But CAL got there guy when Goff stepped on campus. Hey that is life. Suck it up and make the most of it. Must have had limited choices out of Butte because you grow up in the east bay and take a recruiting trip to Indiana State and the first thing you want is the next plane ride home. No offense to Larry Legend because he grew up there.

Reactions: RunningRon
Kline had his "best" 2011 game vs Cal. Comcast did its NorCal game of the week broadcast for that.
Kline was an Elite 11 pick by Dilfer that year. Jameis Winston was one as well. It's interesting how talent is evaluated and quite few on NCP have noted the subjectivity involved. The spread three step QBs tend to be overrated and the five step guys seem more solid. He's up against four other QBs in his final season of eligibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1315
Not to be overly critical of any kid that transfers but it seems the majority of the time transferring doesn't benefit the kid in the classroom or on the field.

Reactions: RunningRon
The article did say he was applying for grad school so maybe he already got a degree from Indiana State? Hope he stays the course and ends up with a graduate degree from Cal.

My understanding is that he will get his degree from Cal in May, then apply to a Grad Program. He has 2.5 years at Cal only 1 semester at Indiana St

Good for him to get degree or graduate from CAL. Can't say enough good things about that. But it certainly shows you that the "Experts" know about as much as the next person when projecting out kids. (which is all they are)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT