ADVERTISEMENT

Local College Basketball Flavor

ayalar09

Hall of Famer
Feb 18, 2018
Today is the start of College Basketball. I know this is a high school message board but I think it’s fun to highlight some Bay Area teams and players:

1) St Marys plays a very good Wisconsin team. Logan Johnson is eligible and suiting up for the Gaels!

2) Cal plays Pepperdine in a homecoming game for SJNDs very own Jade Smith...who is now a starter for the Pepperdine team.

3) My USD toreros play UC Irvine and local Marin kid Joey Calcatera will be starting at guard for the Toreros this season!

Feel free to add your own, because I know I missed some other Bay Area kids/teams on this list!

Reactions: concrete17
St Mary’s is led by all WCC and MVP candidate Jordan Ford. (Folsom). Great career so far and a future pro in my opinion.

Paris Austin- Cal- O Dowd
Isaiah Hawthorne- USF-Tracy( Arsenal)
Ezra Manjon - UC Davis-Heritage
BJ Shaw- UC Davis- O'Dowd
Andre Kelly- Cal(Arsenal)
Aaron Murphy- UC Davis- Modesto Christian ( Lakeshow)
Raymond Hawkins- Alabama- ODowd( Soldiers)
Soule Boume- Utep/USF- Oakland Tech ( Team Lillard
Sayeed Pridget- Montana- El Cerrito- Team Lillard
James Akinjo- Georgetown- Salesian- Soldiers
Keshad Johnson- San Diego State- San Leandro
Tyrell Roberts- UCSD- Team Lillard
Dejon Davis- Cal Baptist-Oakland Tech- Team Lillard
Camron Reece- Akron University- Oakland Tech- Team Lillard
Julian Vaugns- Chico State- St. Josephs
Kevin Warren- Chico State- St.Marys- Team Lillard
Timmy Falls- Montana- Dublin- Arsenal
Naseem Gaskin- Montana- Odowd- Arsenal
Elijah Hardy- Washington- Odowd- Arsenal
Will Chaverin- Pomona- Odowd- Splash City
Terrell Brown- New Mexico State- Moreau Catholic- Oakland Rebels/ Arsenal

about 3 seasons ago there were 2 post players in the OAL that were really good. It was Soule's senior year. Oakland Tech had the bouncy one and Fremont had the heavier post kid. He could shoot though. Anyone know where they are playing?

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Jordan Ford just went off against Wisconsin in the 1st half. Shot after shot....leading the Gaels to a nice 1st half cushion.

One thing I’ll give Ford, is he is very good defensively and doesn’t get enough credit for that.

I watched the 2nd half of the Gaels' game... Ford was terrific, finished with 26 points and was the guy they ran just about everything through, a total leader, played all 45 minutes according to the stat sheet. Turned the ball over 4 times, but none in the 2nd half, as far as I can remember.

Logan Johnson started and played 36 minutes. Had an off-night shooting, 1 of 7 for 5 points total, but he had a tremendous "how the bleep did that guy get up THERE?" kinda offensive rebound just when then they needed one late in regulation.

p.s. the Gaels won in OT... I think it was 60-56.

Last edited:
Today is the start of College Basketball. I know this is a high school message board but I think it’s fun to highlight some Bay Area teams and players:
Feel free to add your own, because I know I missed some other Bay Area kids/teams on this list!

Double fist bump on starting this thread, good stuff ayalar. Thanks

Reactions: ayalar09
1) Falls and Pridget of Montana take on Stanford today at Maples. A nice little homecoming for those three guys!

2) James Akinjo will be making his sophomore year debut tonight. NBA mock draft sites have him being a 1st round pick in the 2021 draft.

3) Keshad Johnson had a mixed debut for SDSU. Started off great shooting in the first half, but unfortunately didn’t do as well in the 2nd half. But he did grab 10 rebounds and finished with 7 points.

Last edited:
Jordan Ford just went off against Wisconsin in the 1st half. Shot after shot....leading the Gaels to a nice 1st half cushion.

One thing I’ll give Ford, is he is very good defensively and doesn’t get enough credit for that.

He’s a breath of fresh air in today’s transfer world. Here is a kid who sat most of his frosh year and got better by working hard/grinding. He’s extremely skilled and no reason why he will not be in the NBA.

Cal looked good last night and so did Pepperdine for 1/2. Chavez out of SRJC/Drake is legit player. Going to be a nice addition for Romar

Reactions: observer22
So Montana is +10 against Stanford tonight....I think that shows very little respect to Montana.

Looked at their lineup and they return both Bay Area guys who absolutely crushed it for them last season! Including winning their conference and advancing to March Madness!

I'm calling the upset. Montana and our Bay Boys over the Maple Trees!

Josh Morgan played well in his inaugural collegiate game. Played 30 minutes and the entire second half. Set tons of screens and finished 5-6 with 10 points 7 reb and 3 blocks vs UCLA. Beach was a 17 point dog and lost their first lead with about 2 minutes left . Fell 69-65. Drew Cobb also played a solid game

So Montana is +10 against Stanford tonight....I think that shows very little respect to Montana.

Looked at their lineup and they return both Bay Area guys who absolutely crushed it for them last season! Including winning their conference and advancing to March Madness!

I'm calling the upset. Montana and our Bay Boys over the Maple Trees!

Never underestimate Vegas....
73-62 cardinal. I thought pridgett looked great but not much else. Stanford is improved.

Reactions: ayalar09
Never underestimate Vegas....
73-62 cardinal. I thought pridgett looked great but not much else. Stanford is improved.

They had no answer for Da Silva’s size. Great 1st half for Montana but completely crapped out in the 2nd half.

Timmy Falls was nowhere to be found unfortunately. Had a couple of nice passes but couldn’t get a shot off!

Zyon Pullin from College Park now a frosh at UC Riverside. Saw time in the upset of Nebraska in their opener Tuesday.

@Heat,

Solomon was one of my favorite players that I ever had the pleasure of coaching. Worked hard and was respectful to every player/parent/coach. As great of a basketball player as he is, he is an even better person! For those of us that had a small part in Solomon’s path to Iowa State University, below is the link to the game that ultimately got him his offer there. You will notice a familiar face on the other team. Our own De’Aaron Fox takes the first shot of the game. This was July 2015 at Las Vegas Classic.

Coach J

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT