ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at Potebtail CIF State Game Matchups

Folsom never has Elite guys, Cam Robinson, Jake Browning, both Ngata Elite D1 offers, those DE’s etc. Folsom has Elite guys, not an entire team of guys like MD, SJB. No way Grant has better guys.

Folsom doesn’t have elite guys. Elite guys play in the nfl. Elite guys doesn’t get shutout when playing elite guys. Elite guys doesn’t let sac high egos never won anything in football beat them let alone look better than them in a year folsom wins state. You don’t realize the work that Richardson is doing he puts them in great situations. Folsom will beat grant by a couple tds but the match up of athletes will be even. I’ll say this having players with d1 scholarships means the player is taking care of business in the classroom. Don’t assume because folsom has d1 players that grant doesn’t have any grades play a big part of things.

Folsom never has Elite guys, Cam Robinson, Jake Browning, both Ngata Elite D1 offers, those DE’s etc. Folsom has Elite guys, not an entire team of guys like MD, SJB. No way Grant has better guys.
Exactly.

I am sure the lack of athletes and sole basis of elite coaching is why a group of SFL coaches want them gone. Makes sense to me.

I am sure Dabo Sweeny came all the way to CA to sign Joe Ngata based on "getting it done in the classroom." Same with Notre Dame with Daniyel Ngata. Academic scholarships for everyone!

In all honesty- this is probably the best and highest collection of talent on one team in the history of the SJS. If you don't believe me, just look at halftime scores so far. If you don't believe me now, just wait until after GB, Del Oro, and Grant. Ask @larry legend33 what he saw against Oak Ridge. There is a reason the Oak Ridge coach has come on here and publicly stated his gripes. If Folsom didn't have the best and most elite athletes, I am sure the Oak Ridge Coach would care less.

Such silliness lol

I was at that game. Fun place. Had skydivers and everything. 2007 season.
And Joe Montana was at the game. And actually sighed autographs. The difference in the game was missed extra points. And the fact Oakdale QB had to sit first quarter. After Combs came in Oakdale offense could not be stopped. Best offense in my opinion Oakdale has had. Oakdale passing for over 2,500 yards in a season. It usually take ten years for Oakdale to get that many yards!

Exactly.

I am sure the lack of athletes and sole basis of elite coaching is why a group of SFL coaches want them gone. Makes sense to me.

I am sure Dabo Sweeny came all the way to CA to sign Joe Ngata based on "getting it done in the classroom." Same with Notre Dame with Daniyel Ngata. Academic scholarships for everyone!

In all honesty- this is probably the best and highest collection of talent on one team in the history of the SJS. If you don't believe me, just look at halftime scores so far. If you don't believe me now, just wait until after GB, Del Oro, and Grant. Ask @larry legend33 what he saw against Oak Ridge. There is a reason the Oak Ridge coach has come on here and publicly stated his gripes. If Folsom didn't have the best and most elite athletes, I am sure the Oak Ridge Coach would care less.

Such silliness lol

Doesn't Folsom have a big junior program too. They seem to be growing the game in a society where Football is becoming a taboo sport. Having junior teams supports good high school teams, kids who won't have a good high school to play/learn at, might look for one. As a football fan, I appreciate what they are doing. They are attempting to grow the game and are doing so at a school with good academics and the kid's futures in mind. I don't think you can say the same for MD or SJB, a Ngata goes there and his talents could easily be overlooked or even benched, those coaches are bringing in talent for the wins and, at the high school level, that isn't right.

Seems a little early to remove Folsom at this point. I think the removal thing works great for a team that is and will be incredibly over the top dominate for years to come, but Folsom doesn't have a natural advantage like say, DLS, has. They still more or less get local talent, most of it homegrown. Reminds me of James Logan, they left their league back in the day when they were too good. Look at them now, that died off. DLS has been in the too good category for ~20 ish years now. Not that that would last forever, but there aren't any other good football schools around there if you want your kid to play football and get good academics.

Then on the other side, what does Folsom care if they get the boot from their league? Not one kid on that team cares about winning league. They want the SJS and the SBG. League? pshhh. You think the DLS kids were sad when they found out they can't win the league too?

Such silliness lol

Coach Cav came on here and complained? The HC at Oakridge??? When and where are his post? I have never seen him on here, ever. J.s

There’s an OT starting for ‘Bama, a three year starter at that, who’s also a Folsom product. Jonathan Williams, I think, is his name. Could be mistaken

There is no doubt MD/SJB/DLS are top teams in the state. All three are private. How would you guys rank top Public schools in the state, just curious. I see Folsom, Liberty and Central top in NorCal, possibly state.

CEN10
Mission Viejo/Folsom (Pickem type of game)
Liberty
Calabasas/Central (Pickem)

Exactly.

Such silliness lol

Did you really say the best collection of talent the sjs has ever seen lol are you saying this because Clemson came to folsom lol is Clemson the gold standard now? I would think usc Ohio state and bama is. I could name atleast 3 grant teams with better players meaning multiple nfl players on one team. Folsom has two players that you could consider top players that’s no where near the best the sjs has seen 8 years of dominance and not 1 player ever made it to the all American game. I would hope the the best talent the sjs has ever seen would be able to score on dls especially seeing other teams put up points on this dls team. You say some crazy things when you post smh Joe Ngata doesn’t even come close to the athlete Shaq Thompson was that 2009 grant team that lost to rocklin featured 5 nfl players

There’s an OT starting for ‘Bama, a three year starter at that, who’s also a Folsom product. Jonathan Williams, I think, is his name. Could be mistaken
Ah, Jonah. Love that kids.

He actually is from GA. His family moved to CA prior to his freshman year in HS. He attended Davis High for his Freshman year and half of his Sophmore before he came to Folsom when his parents moved here.

I will have to say that he was SUPER RAW when he got here. He actually starred in track and field. He improved so much in the weight room, off season workouts, and throughout the junior and senior year playing for Folsom.

One of the greats for sure! And yes, he has started since he was a freshman at Bama. Tough feat!

Reactions: remc
If a healthy 2009 Shaq Thompson had to cover a healthy 2018 Joe Ngata, I'd say 2009 Shaq wins almost every time.
I'd take Ngata over Shaq all day.

Shaq got beat by the 2010 Bulldogs who were no where near the talent that this 2018 Bulldogs team is.

Coach Cav came on here and complained? The HC at Oakridge??? When and where are his post? I have never seen him on here, ever. J.s
He identified himself as an "OR coach." I am not sure if that means HC or AC. Maybe he can tell us if he feels comfortable- @MCIC

Folsom doesn't have elite guys! HAHAHAHAHAH . Jonah Williams is probably the greatest OLINEMAN to ever play in Sac area. How many fresh have started at BAMA on the O-Line under Saban? He will be a first round pick if he decides to come out this year. What about Jordan Richards? Nice little career at Stanford and has played in the NFL for a few years now. NGATA will be playing on Sunday. Hell both brothers might be. That comment is ridiculous. Folsom has put way more players in college over the last 10 years compared to Grant. Grant is living in the past. Sorry I'm no Folsom homer but that is so far off base.
Browning BTW has rewritten virtually every record at Wash.... Pretty elite I would say.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...y-jonah-williams-looks-like-best-in-a-decade/

Reactions: cookie530
There is no doubt MD/SJB/DLS are top teams in the state. All three are private. How would you guys rank top Public schools in the state, just curious. I see Folsom, Liberty and Central top in NorCal, possibly state.
Publics:
1. Folsom
2. Cen10
3. MV

Privates:
1. MD
2. DLS & SJB tie

The top 3 publics could beat the tie for #2 in privates on any given day, from what I have seen this year.

No way! I agree with you on almost everything but Shaq was unreal.
He sure was. Agreed there.

But Joe is also unreal. Imagine if he actually played into 2nd halfs this year. He is crazy amazing! Can't wait to see him at Clemson!

Folsom doesn't have elite guys! HAHAHAHAHAH . Jonah Williams is probably the greatest OLINEMAN to ever play in Sac area. How many fresh have started at BAMA on the O-Line under Saban? He will be a first round pick if he decides to come out this year. What about Jordan Richards? Nice little career at Stanford and has played in the NFL for a few years now. NGATA will be playing on Sunday. Hell both brothers might be. That comment is ridiculous. Folsom has put way more players in college over the last 10 years compared to Grant. Grant is living in the past. Sorry I'm no Folsom homer but that is so far off base.
Browning BTW has rewritten virtually every record at Wash.... Pretty elite I would say.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...y-jonah-williams-looks-like-best-in-a-decade/
Exactly. Well said.

I think some people are just silly out of either spite or jealousy.

Folsom has produced elite athletes. Folsom currently has the most elite athletes in the region. This isn't disputable. Not a knock on any one else either. But, this year, this team is very special. One of the best ever out of the SJS. Next year, different story.

All the SJS fans should be damn proud of the elite athletes coming out of Folsom and some of the other schools. We have some great football in the foothills these days!

He sure was. Agreed there.

But Joe is also unreal. Imagine if he actually played into 2nd halfs this year. He is crazy amazing! Can't wait to see him at Clemson!

Is that why this kid shut him down

Amir Wallace

• CB
  • 6-0
  • HIGH SCHOOLDe La Salle
  • HOME TOWNConcord, CA
  • CLASS2019
247Sports Composite®
NA i
Shaq would win this battle without question

Last edited:
I'd take Ngata over Shaq all day.

Shaq got beat by the 2010 Bulldogs who were no where near the talent that this 2018 Bulldogs team is.
Sorry I try to scroll by things,but this is ridiculous. Joe Ngata is a great athlete. But having seen both play I still think Shaq was not just better, but much better in high school!

Is that why this kid shut him down

Amir Wallace

• CB
  • 6-0
  • HIGH SCHOOLDe La Salle
  • HOME TOWNConcord, CA
  • CLASS2019
247Sports Composite®
NA i
Shaq would win this battle without question
He didn't shut anybody down, as this statement shows you probably didn't see the game.

Folsom QB threw a bunch of picks. Ngata didn't get that many opportunities down field.

Ngata torched one of the #4 corner in the entire county, #34 in overall in class, in the SBG last year for Helix (Isaac Taylor-Stuart, 5 star recruit, currently at USC). That corner would wipe the floor with Wallace.

All about perspective and facts.

Here is a highlight. First play on the clip.

Last edited:
Sorry I try to scroll by things,but this is ridiculous. Joe Ngata is a great athlete. But having seen both play I still think Shaq was not just better, but much better in high school!
We agree to disagree. But of course I am bias.

Shaq played both ways so its a tough comparison. He may get the overall nod, I agree. But the SJS has never seen a WR like Ngata, no matter how you spin it. I think we would both agree on that. He is just an amazing elite athlete.

Last edited:

Shaq played both ways so its a tough comparison. He may get the overall nod, I agree. But the SJS has never seen a WR like Ngata, no matter how you spin it. I think we would both agree on that. He is just an amazing elite athlete.
Better than Grant's Donte Stallworth? HAHAHA. NO.

Better than Grant's Donte Stallworth? HAHAHA. NO.
In High School? My opinion? Yes.

Stallworth went to Tennessee. Ngata going to Clemson.

So.....ya.

BTW- here are some highlights of Stallworth #18 at Grant. On tape, Ngata is far superior.

NGATA numbers in HS are far superior to Stallworth. Not even close. Will it translate in college/NFL? Most likely yes but who knows.
I've watched all these guys play over the years. Shaq and Donte were amazing. But Onterrio Smith was the one I walked away from games shaking my head... He's the best I've seen around here.

Reactions: cookie530
He didn't shut anybody down, as this statement shows you probably didn't see the game.

Folsom QB threw a bunch of picks. Ngata didn't get that many opportunities down field.

Ngata torched one of the #4 corner in the entire county, #34 in overall in class, in the SBG last year for Helix (Isaac Taylor-Stuart, 5 star recruit, currently at USC). That corner would wipe the floor with Wallace.

All about perspective and facts.

Here is a highlight. First play on the clip.

Here’s some perspective he has either scored a TD (or multiple TD) or averaged more than 10 yards a catch against everyone he’s played against except young Mr Wallace this year.Yup shut down by the 354 rated California player.Shaq would bully him

Here’s some perspective he has either scored a TD (or multiple TD) or averaged more than 10 yards a catch against everyone he’s played against except young Mr Wallace this year.Yup shut down by the 354 rated California player.Shaq would bully him
You are leaving out the fact of all the sacks and INTs from the QB. He didn't get many looks. Both teams struggled that night on offense. Even more surprising that Folsom's subpar defense held DLS to 14 points. Perspective I guess.

Joe dominated the #4 corner in the entire country last year.

All the above are facts. Clemson is lucky.

I dont have a dog in this race, but I love HS Football and have watch a ton over the years. So I just state facts and what I've seen. Joe Ngata is a great player great size, strength, decent speed. I also watched him have issues making plays he makes against all other teams except De la Salle and Sac hi. Anthony Bradley of Sac gave him fits and if not for Badger(who I think is better) and his heroics, folsom would have lost to them again. But that is another story. Comparing him to Stallworth? Wow, I dont know, what about Rae Carruth? What does he do better than they did in high school? I dont care about numbers and records, different era. And the comparison to Shaq is not even close. That kid must have played a million positions in high school! Not many players in the country can play skill positions all their life and all of a sudden become a starting NFL linebacker. Time will tell, I love Ngata but he has work to do before I put him ahead of Stallworth, Collie, Carruth. He has to play on some Sundays.

Reactions: ThunderRam
You are leaving out the fact of all the sacks and INTs from the QB. He didn't get many looks. Both teams struggled that night on offense. Even more surprising that Folsom's subpar defense held DLS to 14 points. Perspective I guess.

Joe dominated the #4 corner in the entire country last year.

All the above are facts. Clemson is lucky.
I was at this game, Wallace did do a good job on Ngata when the QB did have time to throw. Defended him well on several two step drop slants. DLS played a safety over the top on deep routes Ngata ran. They got two picks like that. Folsom QB wasn’t under pressure on EVERY thtow

So folsoms best player ever was a transfer go figure shout out to davis for producing an elite player who folsom lured over. Joe Ngata doesn’t compare to Shaq lol let alone stallworth joe runs a 4.6 at best Shaq was the fastest 200m in NorCal stallworth ran a 4.1 40. That elite corner from helix doesn’t even get in at usc. In the past 10 years has folsom our more kids in the nfl than grant. NO!!they possibly could put 3 more in the next couple years. Don’t let there lack
Of dominance fool you they still produce superior talent than folsom. Folsom shops for grant type of players don’t forget that. Badger will be better than Joe Ngata it’s a reason he doesn’t play both ways

Are we running track or playing Football? NGATA is close to 6"5 now. He creates so many mis matches with his length. He can get away with not running a 4.3 40. Completely different receiver than Stallworth.

This argument is like who is better. Jordan or Lebron? Your not going to win.

All I know is the kid was invisible in Folsom’s biggest game of the year.
It’s Avery small sample size, the one game I saw vs DLS I was more impressed with the younger Ngata, Daniel, and with Badger than Joe Ngata. They will be a very potent one two punch for Folsom next year

Reactions: aztecpadre
It’s Avery small sample size, the one game I saw vs DLS I was more impressed with the younger Ngata, Daniel, and with Badger than Joe Ngata. They will be a very potent one two punch for Folsom next year
Sorry for the typos, big fingers but small phone keys

If you’re considered the best player you need to show up against your toughest opponent.... you know like To’oto’to did for DLS

Reactions: aztecpadre

Once again we will disagree. Look up Bernard Berrian. Better athlete. Back when you had three sport stars. Not biased. Just observant. Atwater high a big rival from my high school days. So giving props is for real. Just like my respect for Josh Perry big rival but good guy. Del Oro got themselves a good one there!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT