ADVERTISEMENT

Mater Dei needs a new opponent on Aug. 20 after Centennial cancelled due to 2 players testing positive for COVID

Folsom make it happen!

I’ve been critical of Folsom’s scheduling up until the past couple seasons, but you can’t call them about this when they already have a game scheduled on 8/20 against MT.

I’ve been critical of Folsom’s scheduling up until the past couple seasons, but you can’t call them about this when they already have a game scheduled on 8/20 against MT.

Im just having fun here, I know it can’t happen lol

Reactions: ThunderRam
I'm curious if this is a sign of things to come this season or if it is more of an issue becuase its the first game and you need a certain amount of practices.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
It’s a sign of things to come. Get ready for a circus. If you think the season will be normal then you are very mistaken.

Im just having fun here, I know it can’t happen lol

I’m with you though. Theoretically, I’d love Folsom to take a game like that. Until adding DLS the past few years, my biggest gripe with them was never scheduling against programs where they were the decided underdog and not expected to win. They wouldn’t challenge themselves.

Scheduling DLS was certainly a great step forward. I hope they continue to schedule them as long as DLS accepts the game. But I’d also like to see them challenge some SoCal heavyweights from time to time. I don’t believe most count Cathedral Catholic among that group.

A game against Centennial has always seemed like a no-brainer. MD and SJB have ascended to college level programs due to reasons we all are aware about. I won’t criticize any program from avoiding them, even DLS. But every other program should be fair game.

I’m with you though. Theoretically, I’d love Folsom to take a game like that. Until adding DLS the past few years, my biggest gripe with them was never scheduling against programs where they were the decided underdog and not expected to win. They wouldn’t challenge themselves.

Scheduling DLS was certainly a great step forward. I hope they continue to schedule them as long as DLS accepts the game. But I’d also like to see them challenge some SoCal heavyweights from time to time. I don’t believe most count Cathedral Catholic among that group.

A game against Centennial has always seemed like a no-brainer. MD and SJB have ascended to college level programs due to reasons we all are aware about. I won’t criticize any program from avoiding them, even DLS. But every other program should be fair game.

You’re spot on as usual.!

I agree with your post...it would be nice to see Folsom start to now schedule legit teams from So Cal or out of state powers (either one possibly in prep for a game with DLS)...that being said I think something needs to be done about MD and SJB being so much heads and tales above the state...i feel like these high school private powers incl. IMG and others should be excluded from national rankings that involve public or private schools who dont have the same flexibility these teams have

I'm curious if this is a sign of things to come this season or if it is more of an issue becuase its the first game and you need a certain amount of practices.
If teams are mandated to test, the season will be shot. Here is my example. 100 players test, 5-6 will be positive. Positive tests are up to 90 days. How will you know if the kid had it within that time frame and was Asymptomatic?

I just can’t believe ..or wait I can, that CA is going this route for kids when all the science says covid does not impact kids more than the seasonal flu..how are kids able to operate in other parts of the country just fine but somehow it is not allowed in CA...letthemplay

Reactions: PatCarrillo
I just can’t believe ..or wait I can, that CA is going this route for kids when all the science says covid does not impact kids more than the seasonal flu..how are kids able to operate in other parts of the country just fine but somehow it is not allowed in CA...letthemplay
Show me the science that backs up your claim? You do know that COVID has killed more kids than H1N1. And that was a virus that kids were at the most risk than adults.

Reactions: carlmerritt
Here are several and there are more studies out there...it is very sad but the number is small in that only 335 kids under 18 died of covid last year (most due to underlying conditions) and it was also reported in march this year, out of 23000 kids in the irvine school district only 17 had actually contracted covid

more kids died of suicide by a far greater number than did covid

Reactions: Scoop and Score
The information has been out there for months. Not only that super spreads don’t occur in sports frequently by any means. I’m up to 4-5 positive cases since this all began. All Asymptomatic, 2 false positive and 0 spread.

Before this thread devolves into the inevitable politicized mud fight, I invite EVERYONE to do the following: Run your sources through a "bias" check site. There are lots of them out there. Just type in the name of the website that is the source for your article and then add the word "bias" after it in the search window.

Long story short: if ALL (or even most) of your articles about Covid are from just "Right" or just "Left" biased sources, then you are not reading a full spectrum of insights on the subject. Or on any subject, actually. This search technique is a common practice taught to high school kids, but most people skip this step once the teacher isn't watching. Having a balanced perspective might help the person you are engaging with see more of your perspective and might keep the discussions alive longer.

Last edited:
And i dont think we are trying to make it a right vs left but rather are we actually following science. When the science indicates that kids have very little to fear of covid and that masks, lockdowns, etc. only hurt them and when other states can allow their kids to play but CA continues to not follow the science then that should be a grave concern for any American regardless of political views. The point I am trying to make is that CA has no basis for its sports restrictions...if more kids die of suicide (10x - terrible ) than covid (survival rate of 99.9995%) then why are doing this all over again to the kids

And i dont think we are trying to make it a right vs left but rather are we actually following science. When the science indicates that kids have very little to fear of covid and that masks, lockdowns, etc. only hurt them and when other states can allow their kids to play but CA continues to not follow the science then that should be a grave concern for any American regardless of political views. The point I am trying to make is that CA has no basis for its sports restrictions...if more kids die of suicide (10x - terrible ) than covid (survival rate of 99.9995%) then why are doing this all over again to the kids
I was not addressing your post specifically, but the nature of these discussions that have taken place over the last 18 months. Unfortunately, the "science" is often shaded by the website reporting it. Check your sources on the "bias" sites and then make an effort to read reports from websites from the opposite end of the spectrum. You will see that the same facts and science are often reported in very different ways, or even omitted entirely. The simple truth is that the complex reality is probably somewhere in the middle. And it is my opinion that there is a middle ground where real solutions can occur.

Before this thread devolves into the inevitable politicized mud fight, I invite EVERYONE to do the following: Run your sources through a "bias" check site. There are lots of them out there. Just type in the name of the website that is the source for your article and then add the word "bias" after it in the search window.

Long story short: if ALL (or even most) of your articles about Covid are from just "Right" or just "Left" biased sources, then you are not reading a full spectrum of insights on the subject. Or on any subject, actually. This search technique is a common practice taught to high school kids, but most people skip this step once the teacher isn't watching. Having a balanced perspective might help the person you are engaging with see more of your perspective and might keep the discussions alive longer.

The bias check sites are biased as well. I saw one that labeled the AP, PBS news,NBC, ABC & CBS as “centrist” or right down the middle of the political spectrum. Please….😆

Pretty simple - consult with your trusted primary care physician and/or your child’s pediatrician. You trust them with you and your family’s lives, listen to them, and remove the noise from social media and “biased”news outlets.

The bias check sites are biased as well. I saw one that labeled the AP, PBS news,NBC, ABC & CBS as “centrist” or right down the middle of the political spectrum. Please….😆
Pretty easy to counter that. Use multiple "bias" checkers. Simply look for the relative position of the different sites across the different "bias" checkers. In other words, certain sites will tend to be the same "distance" apart on the spectrum regardless of where they land on the particular "bias" checker. This actually allows you to see how biased the "bias" checker is.

For example, if a PBS is seen a "centrist" site, then check the sites listed to the Right or Left. Now go to a different bias checker and see where PBS is listed. Almost invariably, the same websites will be arranged to the Right and the Left of PBS, REGARDLESS of where PBS falls on that particular spectrum. The relationship between the websites seldom changes except within their own end of the spectrum. CNN and MSNBC will always be Left of Fox and Newsmax on a "bias" checker no matter what checker you use.

So, yeah, "bias" checkers have a potential for bias, but aren't we all smart enough to figure that out? It doesn't eliminate their usefulness.

Like I said, the solutions are usually in the elusive but attainable "middle."

PS: Most sites will run a "counter-argument" article now and then to appear "balanced." The "bias" checkers address generalities of the site, not specific articles.

The thing some people are forgetting about is that kids passing the virus among each other is not the only issue involved.

The REAL issue is kids passing the virus on to older generations by catching it in a game or practice from another kid, then going home where parents and other relatives are and then "gifting" it to them. Or, for that matter, passing it to refs or coaches, etc.

Pretty easy to counter that. Use multiple "bias" checkers. Simply look for the relative position of the different sites across the different "bias" checkers. In other words, certain sites will tend to be the same "distance" apart on the spectrum regardless of where they land on the particular "bias" checker. This actually allows you to see how biased the "bias" checker is.

For example, if a PBS is seen a "centrist" site, then check the sites listed to the Right or Left. Now go to a different bias checker and see where PBS is listed. Almost invariably, the same websites will be arranged to the Right and the Left of PBS, REGARDLESS of where PBS falls on that particular spectrum. The relationship between the websites seldom changes except within their own end of the spectrum. CNN and MSNBC will always be Left of Fox and Newsmax on a "bias" checker no matter what checker you use.

So, yeah, "bias" checkers have a potential for bias, but aren't we all smart enough to figure that out? It doesn't eliminate their usefulness.

Like I said, the solutions are usually in the elusive but attainable "middle."

PS: Most sites will run a "counter-argument" article now and then to appear "balanced." The "bias" checkers address generalities of the site, not specific articles.
With all due respect, I don’t need to check numerous web sites to know that a source like PBS is not centrist, and has a biased agenda.

The thing some people are forgetting about is that kids passing the virus among each other is not the only issue involved.

The REAL issue is kids passing the virus on to older generations by catching it in a game or practice from another kid, then going home where parents and other relatives are and then "gifting" it to them. Or, for that matter, passing it to refs or coaches, etc.

I’m not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

So we have had 10 deaths in contra costa county over the last few weeks as death rates have dropped. As the cases increase and deaths drop means the vaccination is working

Last edited:
where did you go to medical school?
One doesnt have to go to medical school to use common sense and reasoning...i have a grandmother who was a nurse and a sister who worked in a nursing home and they will tell you the same thing....there has been lots of research, studies, analysis done on this whole covid pandemic and there is not one shred of evidence that says lockdowns, mask wearing, etc. has actually had a positive effect..not one..in fact it has been just the opposite...if we cant cure cancer, the common cold, the common flu then why the heck are we thinking that vaccines for covid will somehow work the way the experts are saying ...my whole argument was that kids should not be subjected to this malarky when the science says otherwise

I respectfully disagree. Find me a study that shows Football is a super spreader. That’s what we want to avoid, it simply does not happen. The at risk have had opportunities to vaccinate. Very rare they get it and die once vaxxed.

One doesnt have to go to medical school to use common sense and reasoning...i have a grandmother who was a nurse and a sister who worked in a nursing home and they will tell you the same thing....there has been lots of research, studies, analysis done on this whole covid pandemic and there is not one shred of evidence that says lockdowns, mask wearing, etc. has actually had a positive effect..not one..in fact it has been just the opposite...if we cant cure cancer, the common cold, the common flu then why the heck are we thinking that vaccines for covid will somehow work the way the experts are saying ...my whole argument was that kids should not be subjected to this malarky when the science says otherwise
Agree 100%. Quit buying into the fear people. It’s about control.

Reactions: PatCarrillo
With all due respect, I don’t need to check numerous web sites to know that a source like PBS is not centrist, and has a biased agenda.
Bias is to be expected. The point that my original post addresses is to read from multiple sources that span the bias spectrum so as to have a broader picture of the situation. It's simply a way of seeing an issue from more than one perspective, whether or not you agree with all of it. If nothing else, it may allow us to see what opposing viewpoints have in common and to find workable middle ground where real-world measures and even solutions can be implemented.

Centennial and MD are going to scrimmage August 20 along with Damien HS

i was just curious. i want to make sure once i leave this page with all this science and malarky i got my facts straight. trying to figure out how credible you are. so granny and sis are the doctors. cool.

i was just curious. i want to make sure once i leave this page with all this science and malarky i got my facts straight. trying to figure out how credible you are. so granny and sis are the doctors. cool.
Oh no problem...i think hopefully we can all agree that kids should be able to play this year without all the restrictions they had last year, especially in light of the scientific facts that show such restrictions are unnecessary. Think of it this way ..10 times more kids died from suicide last year than covid (most of it due to covid lockdowns)...and unfortunately the educators aren’t addressing that but they would rather keep home millions of kids from school when only 335 died from Covid (often due to underlying causes)...kids dying in general is a tough pill to swallow but far more harm is being done to kids in the name of covid...letthemplay

Oh no problem...i think hopefully we can all agree that kids should be able to play this year without all the restrictions they had last year, especially in light of the scientific facts that show such restrictions are unnecessary. Think of it this way ..10 times more kids died from suicide last year than covid (most of it due to covid lockdowns)...and unfortunately the educators aren’t addressing that but they would rather keep home millions of kids from school when only 335 died from Covid (often due to underlying causes)...kids dying in general is a tough pill to swallow but far more harm is being done to kids in the name of covid...letthemplay
good luck with that.

Reactions: concrete17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT