ADVERTISEMENT

Mia Fleming-Mullins continue strong play for St Francis

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
St Francis Sacramento senior Mia Fleming-Mullins has 22 points, 7 rebounds and 5 steals in a 68-41 win over McKinleyville at the Pittsburg HS showcase.

St Francis takes on Presentation today.

She has 2 points against Presentation, but I’d bet you already knew that answer

Do you think recruiters take into account players that play in tougher leagues, like the WCAL, when looking at their talent level?

Do you think recruiters take into account players that play in tougher leagues, like the WCAL, when looking at their talent level?
How many college assistants know the landscape of bay area basketball without being local or having ties to it somehow??? I would guess a very small amount.

That being said, I think it should be very much taken into account. There are kids in the WCAL that fly under the radar, averaging less than 10 pts a game that would average in the 15-20+ range in CCS public school leagues and be all-league, etc.

The college coaches look for talent, regardless of level, and stats do not necessarily correspond with talent. Remember, there are about 1,000 D-1 scholarships for women each year, and there are not 1,000 D-1 players.

The college coaches look for talent, regardless of level, and stats do not necessarily correspond with talent. Remember, there are about 1,000 D-1 scholarships for women each year, and there are not 1,000 D-1 players.

so what happens to those scholarships? Do coaches just try to fill rosters or just say the heck with that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT