ADVERTISEMENT

MY EBAL SEASON ENDING AWARDS

NorCalScout

Sports Fanatic
Jul 10, 2001
League MVP- Falls (Dublin), Hands down the best player in this league.

1st Team All League: O'Dea (DLS), Orr (DLS), McDermott (FH), Manansala (DV), Williams (AMA) & Jackson (DUB).

2nd Team: Udenyi (DLS), Pisenti (SR), Kwong (CAL), Pratt (DLS), Rust (MV), Tompkins (AMA) & Houston (DUB).

HM: Bruce (MV), Laird (DV), Ficken (SR), Kath (GRA) & Nielsen (DUB).

Coach of the Year: Costello- DUB (Wallis- FH a distant 2nd). Costello did a great job this year mixing and matching his line-ups to offset injuries and illnesses and kept the team right on course to a league Championship

Best Defensive Player: Falls (DUB) & Udenyi (DLS)

6th Man: McMahon (DUB)

Freshmen: Deely (SR) & Beasley (DUB).

Best Home Crowds: Dublin & Dougherty

Best 6th Man: San Ramon

Best Gym: Dublin

Best Announcer: Cal

Worst Gym: Foothill

Worst home crowd:Foothill, very depressing and hope things turnaround, Wallis is doing some nice things here.

Worst 6th Man: DLS & MV

Reactions: NateTheGreatToo
nice awards scout I also would add that amador and foothill are two teams to watch
next year both coaches are building something over there those two programs
could have good seasons next year especially amador who return everyone.Costello
definitely coach of the year like I posted earlier in the season this year's team really
bought into the defensive end his team's have always been high scoring but
would give up alot of points not this year and that's the reason I believe they
they have a league title.

Last edited:
Bones, I agree about Amador & Foothill. I mentioned that good things are happening in the land of the Falcons but I think Amador will battle with Dublin for the title in the South & the North will be Monte Vista sliding back into the #1 spot & Cal will battle DLS for the 2nd spot.

Costello's teams aren't usually defensive minded but this year, lead by Falls, they really turned up there intensity. It's a pleasure watch teams like DLS & Dublin play so well on both ends of the court and Dublin uses there press and defense to jump start there offense.

Next season predictions & key returners:

MV- Cullinane, Bortz & Bruce
DLS- Pratt & Savarini
CAL- Steinhart, Pierce & Robinson
SR- Murphy & Deely
DV- Laird, Masilang & Grove

DUB- Beasley, Jackson, McMahon & Nielsen
AMA- Williams & Tompkins
FH- McDermott & Cristwell
GRA- Kath & Murdoch
LIV- Langowski, Dimitropoulos

I don't know how good Cal will be, but the 3 players you mentioned will be a soph and 2 juniors next year, so the future does look much brighter for coach Khoo and the Grizz.

@NorCalScout

Great review of this season. With regards to your Next season predictions & key returners: Wanted to clarify. I thought Savarini from DLS was a senior currently?

DLS you didn't see much from their Junior / Sophomore bench so who besides Pratt will be key?

Curious DLS and Monte Vista have the worst 6th mans. I know DLS' group shows up sporadically but I thought both schools traditionally have very good student sections.

Overall, excellent write up as always.

Reactions: NorCalScout
DLS good student section? They are a bit over the top at home in Concord. Too personal against opponents; we aren't at the college level yet.

I'm only going an MVP and 5 per team
MVP Falls
First Team - Udenyi, O"Dea, Orr, Mcdermott, Jackson (only playoff guys)
2nd Team-Houston, Rust, Pratt, Manansala, Kwong

MVP - Timmy Falls

First Team - Orr, O'Dea, Manansala, Jackson, Mcdermott
Second Team - Kwong, Houston, Udenyi, Rust, Williams

DPOY - Udenyi or Manansala

Freshman: Beasley hands down, besides sitting out for a portion of the season, he performed well when he was in and will be a major threat for opposing teams within these next couple of years

Coach - Costello

Curious DLS and Monte Vista have the worst 6th mans. I know DLS' group shows up sporadically but I thought both schools traditionally have very good student sections.

Overall, excellent write up as always.

Streak, thank you. I guess it depends on when you seem them play. I have seen MV gym almost empty and the visiting team 6th man out numbered the home 6th man but I guess that has to do with winning and who the opponent is. DLS, maybe inspired at times at home but zero against Logan and they don't travel well. Saw them almost lose to Dougherty Valley with very few DLS students in attendance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT