ADVERTISEMENT

NBL talk..

northbaybbguru

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
Let me just start off by explaining how the NBL Oak and Redwood divisions are decided.

At some point before the season starts the powers that be in the NBL meet and decide who the best 6 teams are in the NBL and put them all in the Oak. The bottom 6 go into the Redwood (and they do this for all sports).

Thus the Redwood is just HORRIBLE for all sports. And quite frankly the "winner" of that league getting a home game in the sections is ridiculous. But it is what it is I guess...

The NBL Oak is definitely top heavy this year (isn't it always right?). Rancho , CN and Windsor are at different levels than everyone else. MONTY is much improved though and I think they will lose to those 3 when they meet but I think they are # 4, although I think the game vs Analy is a toss up but I think the Monty fans should have reason to be excited.

Starting off I'd go..

1. RANCHO
2. Cn
3. Windsor

When those 3 play h2h it will be must watch football in the NBL.

NBL Oak (2022)
Rancho
CN
Windsor
Monty
Analy
SR

Santa Rosa's stay in the Oak will be short lived as I don't think they will win a game. If St Vincent wins the Redwood again they may get moved up to the Oak next year.

Last edited:
Totally agree. The top 3 are all very good and monty is much improved.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Rancho makes a a strong run thru sections/norcal. They are so talented. Newman will have to get the air game dialed in a little bit. Not having a “true” QB will hurt them but they are also young. Defensively and on the ground they will be sound.

CN best player didn't play 2nd half..if he's out for an extended period of time CN in trouble going forward..

Tough week for the NBL...Rancho looks like the clear favorite at this point .

CN best player didn't play 2nd half..if he's out for an extended period of time CN in trouble going forward..

Newman can’t pass right now so Vacaville just stuffed the box. Gotta figure it out. Yeah need Acevedo healthy.

Hayden Anderson get banged up last night for Windsor as well? 2 of the better players nicked up early in the year.

Oak Ridge ran through Vacaville the prior week, I just can’t help but think CN took a few steps back after Cronin left. They went from small private powerhouse to good program. Maybe I’m wrong.

Rancho seems like they are going to run the table this year from the results thus far. It’s very early though.

The lower league seems bad again, NCL at least the top half seems more competitive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT