ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Championship Game matchups

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Division I: De La Salle vs. Castro Valley

Castro Valley has beaten Granada, Monte Vista and Heritage in giving up six total runs. The #14 seed will play De La Salle after it beat College Park (17-1)

Division II: Northgate vs. Livermore

Northgate has beaten three NBL teams, including Casa Grande and Carrillo. Livermore reaches the D2 finals for a second straight year.

Division III: Analy vs. winner of Acaalnes-Miramonte

Analy beat El Cerrito (4-1) on Tuesday. The Dons are the top seed and remain the favorite to take the D3 title.

Division IV: Arcata vs. Justin-Siena

Top seed Arcata advances to the finals and will play defending champion Justin-Siena of the MCAL.

Division V: TBD

Both semi-finals will be played today between St. Joseph-Stuart Hall and Redwood Christian-College Prep.

Streak -

If the NCS states that championship sites will be determined by the NCS in Divisions 1-5 and in Division 6 the lowest remaining seed would get their home field for the championship why would Arcata get a home game in the DIV championship game? I would assume the championship game would not have been in the Arcata Ball Park if Kelseyville beat Arcata last night. I know that Justin-Siena was the #1 seed in 2014 and the #2 seed in 2015(both the lowest remaining seed) and the championship venues were St. Mary's College and DVC. Do you have any idea how that works?

Arcata was the top seed this year so that is why the game is in Arcata.

Looks like they try to split them between SMC and DVC unless it is an all-North Bay final.

The D4 game championship is 100% about the gate. Arcata is playing in its first section championship. They have a home game(both their prior games played at same ball park). The whole town of Arcata will attend the game. If the NCS did the right thing they would not have Justin-Siena travel 5 hours for a 12 o'clock game. D1 and D3 are at SMC, D2 and D5 at DVC. 2 North Bay teams playing a championship game should be played at a neutral site somewhere in between the 2 schools. That is the intent of the wording in the bylaws in regard to Divisions 1-5. If NCS did the right thing and played in Ukiah or somewhere thereabouts they would jeopardize making a few hundred dollars less. What a joke.

The D4 game championship is 100% about the gate. Arcata is playing in its first section championship. They have a home game(both their prior games played at same ball park). The whole town of Arcata will attend the game. If the NCS did the right thing they would not have Justin-Siena travel 5 hours for a 12 o'clock game. D1 and D3 are at SMC, D2 and D5 at DVC. 2 North Bay teams playing a championship game should be played at a neutral site somewhere in between the 2 schools. That is the intent of the wording in the bylaws in regard to Divisions 1-5. If NCS did the right thing and played in Ukiah or somewhere thereabouts they would jeopardize making a few hundred dollars less. What a joke.
Wow that's brutal for JS, a 5 hour road trip for a noon game? Total crap.

Anton Stadium is in Ukiah. Arcata has the crowd advantage but Justin-Siena has played in this game the last 2 years and has 10 seniors. I believe both teams will have their respective Number 1's throwing. It should be a great low scoring high school baseball game. Justin-Siena is trying for their 2nd 3 peat in 11 years. The last time it happened was 2003-2005 behind Brett Wallace and his crew.

Anton Stadium is in Ukiah. Arcata has the crowd advantage but Justin-Siena has played in this game the last 2 years and has 10 seniors. I believe both teams will have their respective Number 1's throwing. It should be a great low scoring high school baseball game. Justin-Siena is trying for their 2nd 3 peat in 11 years. The last time it happened was 2003-2005 behind Brett Wallace and his crew.

Visiting players hate playing there, and the crowd, as always in Ukiah, can be a little rough, but Anton is a really nice venue for a baseball game. Especially under the lights.

Visiting players hate playing there, and the crowd, as always in Ukiah, can be a little rough, but Anton is a really nice venue for a baseball game. Especially under the lights.

Yes great atmosphere at Anton especially under the lights. Plus you're in Ukiah so
you can score some meth within 5 minutes in any direction if need be.

Reactions: Quaffer
LOL, that means in the kiddie park, the Little League park, the community pool, and the golf course. Very convenient!

Reactions: bella123
In all honesty though, Anton is great old school yard. No Yountville, but really cool.

Who did JS play in the other 2D4 title games?

Justin-Siena will be playing in their 10th section championship game in the last 17 years(3 different coaches). Not too shabby.

Justin-Siena will be playing in their 10th section championship game in the last 17 years(3 different coaches). Not too shabby.
Not at all, quite impressive athletic dept. over there

The D1 game is over by now and if CastroV pulls the upset it'll be the second time in D1 seeding a double digit makes the final (Cal High 2012) and the first win. Prior to NCS going to D1, the last big large school upset was in 3A '08 when #15 CP beat a #5 Arroyo. Nonetheless, a fine run for Castro Valley.

7-3 dLS over the Trojans. Not as close as the 3-2 '12 game. Congrats.

For Bella:

I think this is very well thought out and well written.

So either I'm wrong about that, or you're wrong about her, or maybe she just had a good day.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/5693054-181/benefield-can-one-moment-really?artslide=0

Funny I read this this morning, and thought it was a very good piece (and fully agree with DeBenedetti's take). Then I was watching the game 2 press conference and she asked Lebron about giving his teammates headphones before the game as a gift and any inspirational words he gave? WTF? She really had the King on the ropes with that hard hitting inquisition. Never mind the Cavs have not shown up and are on the verge of being embarrassed...nope, "How'd the guys like the Beets you gave them?" lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT