ADVERTISEMENT

NCS seedings

HSfan82

Sports Fanatic
Dec 10, 2013
Overall I thought NCS did pretty good job on seedings for all divisions. They got Open right and I hope D1 teams understand they are only playing for NCS crown, as open runner up will get norcal bid, or did they change that rule that eliminated MV last year?

Did you see eastbay times article from Kaufman at O'Dowd. He is mad over #4 seed in D3, sounds like a baby crying over spilled milk. MC and CN league champs got 1 and 2, maybe he could argue a for a #3 seed as a league champ over Cotate but Cotate did beat CN once. Either way D3 stacked and you gotta play good teams to win out. Some could argue last year, they were given easy road to D5AA state title, no complaints then. IMO bad look for O'Dowd and Kaufman.

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/11...kaufman-furious-at-section-seeding-committee/

I was very surprised to see BOD without the #1 seed. I placed Newman at the #2 and Rancho at the #3. Other big surprise is Marin Catholic getting seeded over Newman. The MCAL just plain sucks. To take them over the NBL champ is just laughable.

I also have to wonder why any of the top 5 Div. III seeds didn't petition to Div. II. All they would have to do is beat Campolindo and they would win the section.

It does look bad, but he’s got a good point. They scheduled tough with DLS and Freedom and paid the price for it. MC did beat Campo, but this is a very down Campo squad compared to priors years, despite their #1 seed in D2. Had Campo remained in D3, they may have been a #7 or #8 seed, #6 at best.

It does look bad, but he’s got a good point. They scheduled tough with DLS and Freedom and paid the price for it. MC did beat Campo, but this is a very down Campo squad compared to priors years, despite their #1 seed in D2. Had Campo remained in D3, they may have been a #7 or #8 seed, #6 at best.

yeah it is good to schedule tough games but many teams go 8-2 with their schedule ....St marys Justin sienna, Kennedy, nothing to talk about. Does it count to play tough games and get blown out??

The fact that BOD is a defending champion from last year has nothing to do with this year. BOD only lost to DLS and Freedom, two outstanding teams, but you have to look at who they beat. They beat San Leandro but no one else. Just because they scheduled and lost to a Div. I team does not make them a top seed.

Reactions: HSfan82
My point exactly USMC#1... suck it up and get it done, until you win year in and out like DLS, you don't just "get" the #1 seed

The top 4 seeds doesn’t matter at all.......as an MC guy I was hoping they would avoid BOD in the semis I think they match up better with CN or RC, but it’s whatever all 4 of those teams are tough and very good.........also I rather not play El Cerrito second round

D3 is pretty loaded. The committee is usually in the ball park or close, but BOD should be top 2, and Acalanes 3. The common opponent scores seemed to be what they went by. The top 4 or 5 teams are all fairly close. Time to watch it play out starting tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT