ADVERTISEMENT

Newman 47 Maria Carillo 14

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
So much for Carillo trying to end the 10 year drought of beating Newman. If Brookshire stays healthy Newman runs the table in the NBL.

Reactions: NorCalSportsMom
Maria Carillo? Solid competition up north..

Meanwhile, in the foothills...we are slugging it out under the lights on the blue turf with the best of the best.

Maria Carillo? Solid competition up north..

Meanwhile, in the foothills...we are slugging it out under the lights on the blue turf with the best of the best.
I don't think Del Oro is the best of the best this year.

Did not not see that DLS was playing at Granite Bay? Or that Rocklin and Oak Ridge were playing?

Del Oro would beat every team in the North Bay by 50 LOL ;)

Just watched the highlights from this game.

Why does the CN field look like a 1980s football field from the movie "All The Moves" staring Tom Cruise? There are yellow spots all over it.

Is there no money to put in good turf like all of our schools up here? Baffled...

Did not not see that DLS was playing at Granite Bay? Or that Rocklin and Oak Ridge were playing?

Del Oro would beat every team in the North Bay by 50 LOL ;)
Haha. Last time I saw CN play Del Oro, CN was leading 52-12 in the 3rd, when I headed out for a pleasing drive home down I-80.

Haha. Last time I saw CN play Del Oro, CN was leading 52-12 in the 3rd, when I headed out for a pleasing drive home down I-80.
LOL not this year!

You got SHUT OUT against CVC and dropped divisions because you couldn't compete.

I would love CN to come up HWY50 and take on our Bulldogs. You would need many paramedics LOL

Just watched the highlights from this game.

Why does the CN field look like a 1980s football field from the movie "All The Moves" staring Tom Cruise? There are yellow spots all over it.

Is there no money to put in good turf like all of our schools up here? Baffled...
CN spent their turf money on the baseball field. Go figure.

Why? The football field looks terrible...
Doesn't look so bad in person. The yellow spots were caused by the blood of Scooby Wright 111, now the number one ranked college football player in the nation. Out of respect, the grass just won't grow there. See:http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...y-bosa-college-football-s-best-players-083115.
The turf baseball field seems to be better for the BB guys:

Former CN student, '07, and Sonoma State pitcher, Scott Alexander, has been called up to the majors by the Kansas City Royals! Congratulations to Scott!

Last edited:
You are probably right. The field doesn't look like it has been maintained since 2011 ;)
And I guess the blue turf will have to wait until the new science building is paid for:
More progress.
Besides, "The NFL has welcomed Cardinal Newman High School into the "Super Bowl High School Honor Roll". This should keep the parents happy for a while; while money is raised for new turf, if ever. I like grass. You don't have to spend all weekend digging little black rubber balls out of your _ss, plus it's cool to see big chunks of grass and mud stuck in your facemask.

Last edited:
Wallace, Rubattino, and Brookshire would be stars in the SJS as well. In fact I would argue they would both have more d1 exposure because of the comp. Newman played CVC without one of the best athletes in norcal in brookshire. That is a much closer game with him. The years Newman has gone deep into NCS or State they could compete with anybody from SJS. They proved that. But year in and out they would have trouble of course. Just don't have the fire power.

The worse news I heard from this game is Connor Rubattino got hurt. He is a low D1 hoop prospect in basketball. Any updates tunz?

And I guess the blue turf will have to wait until the new science building is paid for:
More progress.
Besides, "The NFL has welcomed Cardinal Newman High School into the "Super Bowl High School Honor Roll". This should keep the parents happy for a while; while money is raised for new turf, if ever. I like grass. You don't have to spend all weekend digging little black rubber balls out of your _ss, plus it's cool to see big chunks of grass and mud stuck in your facemask.

Public schools in our area have better facilities than your private school. Our school and facilities look like most college facilities ;)

Public schools in our area have better facilities than your private school. Our school and facilities look like most college facilities ;)
Then quit your bitching about private school multipliers ;)

I'm sure Bonfigli is going nuts. Rubattino is a stallion on the court. I just watched that play. I would be shocked if it wasn't a torn ACL. That looked really bad.

G61, let me get this straight... You are boasting Folsom, a school with 2000 students, more than any NBL school, and saying they are better. Guess what? No Shit!! Folsom is a state level Div. I team.
Cardinal Newman is a Div. IV team with about 1/3 or Folsom's enrollment. Of course Folsom is better. Same with Clayton Valley, they are significantly bigger and a state level team in Div. II... again, Newman is Div. IV. I guess you think its cool to have Div. I teams beat up on Div. IV schools.
Have fun on that smurf terf, not every school is as rich as yours.

G61, let me get this straight... You are boasting Folsom, a school with 2000 students, more than any NBL school, and saying they are better. Guess what? No Shit!! Folsom is a state level Div. I team.
Cardinal Newman is a Div. IV team with about 1/3 or Folsom's enrollment. Of course Folsom is better. Same with Clayton Valley, they are significantly bigger and a state level team in Div. II... again, Newman is Div. IV. I guess you think its cool to have Div. I teams beat up on Div. IV schools.
Have fun on that smurf terf, not every school is as rich as yours.
Your first message huh?

I remember my first beer...

Nobody should be comparing these 2 schools. Totally different situations with size, enrollment, funding, etc. Newman has one of the winningest basketball and football programs in state history. That is impressive. Folsom is a powerhouse in D1 and has been for a good decade now. That looks to be the new norm going forward. Both should be proud of what they have accomplished and are doing today.

Reactions: Kenny B.
Nobody should be comparing these 2 schools. Totally different situations with size, enrollment, funding, etc. Newman has one of the winningest basketball and football programs in state history. That is impressive. Folsom is a powerhouse in D1 and has been for a good decade now. That looks to be the new norm going forward. Both should be proud of what they have accomplished and are doing today.
You are correct Larry. I just like firing up the private school crowd. They get so angry lol

1tunz1, you are a bit behind ;)
nice pic. reminds me of a mirage on the hot desert sand. Ask the players how they like summer practice on the 140 degree field. It is kinda pretty though. I'd prefer blood red color.

you guys kill me! Ha ha… Its all in good fun. Glad we all get out and watch a lot of football.

College Saturday! Let's just hope the Niners keep it a game tomorrow!

W
First message in a decade? Impressive...

So I am guessing he is more of a voyeur? ;)

Or possibly in the armed services with a young family? Sometimes that's take priority over a message board.

Napa has the best stadium in the SJS. Too bad it's not grass. Playoff football was meant to be played in the rain and mud. Finesse teams love their field turf. It's too bad the drought has caused all of the turf fields. It's weak.

Napa has a stadium for two teams.

Our stadium is for one. The turf is amazing.

So much for Carillo trying to end the 10 year drought of beating Newman. If Brookshire stays healthy Newman runs the table in the NBL.

Yeah, I read that article on PDPreps. Not a good time to have a write up. Should have wrote the article after the game. Nothing like reminding someone that they haven't lost to a team in ages.

We shall see on Friday if your boys are primed to run the table or not. I think Rancho has something to say about that. I did watch Newman on ysn365 and they are solid. Rancho will have to bring their A game from start to finish to win this one.

Napa has a stadium for two teams.

Our stadium is for one. The turf is amazing.
Not sure what that even means, who cares if its shared. I think Napa is hands down the best stadium in the area, I've been to most all and its impressive every time you walk into it. The old one was ranked 1 in Calif and number 4 in the nation, that real grass was awesome.

I'm not a fan of any stadium that has a track around it, sets the stands too far away from the field of play. Lincoln of Stockton has a nice facility, its just in Stockton.

Not sure what that even means, who cares if its shared. I think Napa is hands down the best stadium in the area, I've been to most all and its impressive every time you walk into it. The old one was ranked 1 in Calif and number 4 in the nation, that real grass was awesome.

I'm not a fan of any stadium that has a track around it, sets the stands too far away from the field of play. Lincoln of Stockton has a nice facility, its just in Stockton.
Our field is amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT