ADVERTISEMENT

Newman vs Monty - Round 50

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Seems like this is typically the way the year ends at Haelh Pavilion on the campus of SRJC.
Monty is playing really well. I want to say they have racked 10 wins in row. Newman is also playing well but I would give slight edge to Monty. I could see a 50-48 type game. It will go down to the wire.

Newman wins 64-53 at SRJC. This surprised me a little. I caught the game on YSN and Newman started really sloppy and Monty went up 4-0 but after that it was pretty much all newman. Newman led 33-16 and halftime and was never really contested. In fairness to Monty they missed a lot of shots. Just seemed off to me which is unlike them. A couple unsung heros (Hextrum and Dural) for Newman were the keys in my opinion. Newman's depth continues to propel them this year. Gavin Dove wasn't even at that game and Hextrum played great in his absence.

Newman goes into Seedings 25-3 and should get a #3 seed in D2. I think the D4 move up is going to backfire on them because ODOWD looks like they will stay in D2. (I don't see them as an open team but you never know). I think Newman was better off staying in D4 personally because St Joe's is def an open team. Also a team like Moreau Catholic is very talented so there record can be misleading. But I do think Newman can beat Las Lomas if they play well. Oh well.... Newman is better than I thought they were early on. They are really deep and shoot it pretty well.

The girls from Newman continue to amaze. Arguably the best team in empire history on the girls side. Would love to see them match up with Mitty for Norcal open title.

Reactions: mcserveradmin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT