ADVERTISEMENT

November 15 Scores Thread

I definitely am a believer of Edison. They're trending up.. and Raleek Brown is a dude. But they had a solid supporting cast. They probably exposed some things.. and I wouldn't be surprised to see Folsom fall next week.. but of course Edison did things to create those issues.

I definitely am a believer of Edison. They're trending up.. and Raleek Brown is a dude. But they had a solid supporting cast. They probably exposed some things.. and I wouldn't be surprised to see Folsom fall next week.. but of course Edison did things to create those issues.

One word... impressive.

It’s either a wake up call for Folsom or could easily end up Monterey Trail in finals and if Oak Ridge doesn’t play better it will be Indy vs MT.

How bout those lil strawchewers from Auburn?Placer won a “Thrilla in the Hilla’s”last night 31-28 that came down to a last second game tying 39 yd fg attempt by Yuba City.....after being ICED with a TO by Placer the YC fg kicker missed it,wide left....game over!Placer came from behind 21-10 in the 2nd half vs a very good,very athletic....very BIG,very UNDER SEEDED #10 Yuba City Honker squad who was definitely all that and a whole lot more!That Honker Defense is as advertised....very good,especially the D-line and lb’s as they were solid as a rock and made the Hillmen work for every dang yard.It was a dogfight for sure,down to the wire battle between two pit bulls....nail biter!Congratulations to Yuba City,an extremely athletic and talented team....Bravo on a very fine 2019 season!As for the Hillmen,congratulations on a very hard fought game and victory.....enjoy your weekend because next Friday you play another very good team in undefeated 11-0 #3 seed Buhoch Colony!Again CONGRATULATIONS to both Yuba City and Placer on a very hard fought game....BRAVO!

Last edited:
Anybody have stats last night from Folsom game? Just curious how brown did.

I’m not sure if we will see a Folsom vs OR final or MT vs Indy maybe. OR looked ok last night. I give them a b- overall grade. B+ on defense and C on offense. Need to be much better against Indy. Hats off to Turlock. Very solid team. If they played in the SFL this year they could beat granite bay, Grant, Del Oro, and maybe Whitney/Rocklin.

I’m not sure if we will see a Folsom vs OR final or MT vs Indy maybe. OR looked ok last night. I give them a b- overall grade. B+ on defense and C on offense. Need to be much better against Indy. Hats off to Turlock. Very solid team. If they played in the SFL this year they could beat granite bay, Grant, Del Oro, and maybe Whitney/Rocklin.

It will a be fun game Inderkum will definitely have to be better then what they played against Davis to beat a storied program like Oak Ridge. I’m sure they are up for the Challenge.

I thought Turlock’s defense made us look terrible on offense. They have good corners and get pressure on the QB. Agree they’d beat all those teams including Rocklin.

good luck next week!

Larry,speaking of Whitney who beat D2 #1 seed Rocklin last nite makes me think back when Placer lost to in week 2 of pre-season to Whitney 47-34,and then following week lost 30-27 to a come from behind last second td to a very good Cardinal Newman team.I thought then just how good are these Hillmen after losing so much talent last yr,well those 2 losses aren’t so bad now on what those 2 teams are accomplishing.And after last nights big come from behind win vs a very good YC team....maybe these Hillmen can play,lol.Anyway,I remember what you said and now am quite confident these 2019 Hillmen can wreak havoc for those who might take them lightly!Anyway,I’m keeping an eye out for OR in D1.....good luck!

Champ- I really think those Hillman are something else! Not to far from undefeated. Losing close games to very good cardinal newman and Whitney (both games could have gone either way). Newman has only lost to a very good d1 Liberty school as well who has one of the best QB’s on WC. Like I said... wouldn’t be surprised if they ran the table!
Keep it going ..

I thought Turlock’s defense made us look terrible on offense. They have good corners and get pressure on the QB. Agree they’d beat all those teams including Rocklin.

good luck next week!

Turlock was solid. Qb had a cannon too. Not really accurate but his ball was nicer than Lamsons at this stage in his career. That is the only weakness I see in lamson as a d1 QB. (Which he will be). His legs, size , and speed put him in a lower pac12 class. His ball (not arm because he has a very good one) needs some work. But he’s only a jr and sky is the limit. That kid is a straight warrior..

Reactions: 13 others
It will a be fun game Inderkum will definitely have to be better then what they played against Davis to beat a storied program like Oak Ridge. I’m sure they are up for the Challenge.
I’ve always been a supporter of Indy,yr in and yr out and am always amazed at their success and accomplishment throughout the yr(s) always been big fan of Coach Stark,and this Indy team now competing in the D1 with success it appears after many yrs competing in the D3’s then D2’s is really getting some attention,and rightfully so..bravo to them.I don’t have a horse in the SFL race yet i’m always taken back with the level of competition in this unbelievable league where on any given nite any team can beat anyone excluding Folsom the majority of the time,but everyone else it’s GAME ON!But if I did,I honestly must say that I pull a bit more or lean a bit more in the Oak Ridge direction......Rocklin as well as my good friends TR and WWHS44 are thunder supporters.For several yrs now it appears OR comes away more so the brides maid and rarely the bride....good teams,great talent but fall a bit short after stellar seasons!I still can’t get over OR earlier season loss to Folsom as I thought they had that game and got bit again by not cashing in on the go ahead td and then missing out on the game tying fg(If i’m not mistaken,please correct me if i’m wrong).....OR will have its day and when they do I believe it will continue at least in SFL,I truely believe this.But this game vs Indy is not the SFL,yet here are 2 storied and successful programs getting ready to do battle where one will move on and the other goes home.This Indy vs OR game will be a classic I believe and if not for being in Auburn supporting Placer I would have LOVED to watch this game....these 2 programs are personal favorites and I wish them BOTH the very best next Friday.....it’s going to be a dogfight I believe!Good luck to both teams!

Last edited:

Absolutely. That was a very good football team.

When I said Folsom wasn’t good vs Whitney I got blasted by box score watchers their lines struggled with Whitney Edison as double the athletes Whitney has. Folsom just isn’t good and if they don’t get to a state game it’ll be a blow for Folsom in recruiting. I said years ago the sfl usually doesn’t have the athletes to complete with the athletes Folsom brings in if they can no longer get those types of players Folsom will struggle to beat sfl teams. I’m a grant fan I hope y’all see how much coaching matters you can have the players but if you not coached right teams that shouldn’t be on the field with you will find themselves in a game

When I said Folsom wasn’t good vs Whitney I got blasted by box score watchers their lines struggled with Whitney Edison as double the athletes Whitney has. Folsom just isn’t good and if they don’t get to a state game it’ll be a blow for Folsom in recruiting. I said years ago the sfl usually doesn’t have the athletes to complete with the athletes Folsom brings in if they can no longer get those types of players Folsom will struggle to beat sfl teams. I’m a grant fan I hope y’all see how much coaching matters you can have the players but if you not coached right teams that shouldn’t be on the field with you will find themselves in a game

Not good is a bit harsh. In comparison to some of those great teams they’ve had I agree. But they are still very good but beatable. Also almost every Hs program that excels today is bringing in kids from other areas. That is just the reality of it. And that is whether they are private of public.

Tough to be a grant fan. I don’t see any gold at the end of that rainbow. I think Best football in that program is behind them. The SFL will be just fine. It’s a great league. Schools like oak ridge, Whitney, and Rocklin are on the rise.

Did you see the lineman from Edison? Huge. And, their fullback in goal line situations tipped the scales at about 290 lbs. No doubt that Edison had a huge size advantage on the lines last night. And, I think everyone expected some transition pains along the Folsom lines leading into the season as there was substantial turnover there coming into the season. I think they have played fairly well this season in light of the transition...but Edison was successful pressuring the Folsom QB all night.

That said, I was not terribly impressed with Folsom's DB and LB pass defense last night.

I thought the Folsom skill guys were just a bit careless last night. Rolling left and throwing right on so many plays. Bad ball security leading to fumbles on several plays. Last year's team was far more disciplined.

I’ve always been a supporter of Indy,yr in and yr out and am always amazed at their success and accomplishment throughout the yr(s) always been big fan of Coach Stark,and this Indy team now competing in the D1 with success it appears after many yrs competing in the D3’s then D2’s is really getting some attention,and rightfully so..bravo to them.I don’t have a horse in the SFL race yet i’m always taken back with the level of competition in this unbelievable league where on any given nite anyone can beat anyone excluding Folsom the majority of the time,but everyone else it’s GAME ON!But if I did,I honestly must say that I pull a bit more or lean a bit more in the Oak Ridge direction......Rocklin as well as my good friends TR and WWHS44 are thunder supporters.For several yrs now it appears OR comes away more so the brides maid and rarely the bride....good teams,great talent but fall a bit short after stellar seasons!I still can’t get over OR earlier season loss to Folsom as I thought they had that game and got bit again by not cashing in on the go ahead td and then missing out on the game tying fg(If i’m not mistaken,please correct me if i’m wrong).....OR will have its day and when they do I believe it will continue at least in SFL,I truely believe this.But this game vs Indy is not the SFL,yet here are 2 storied and successful programs getting ready to do battle where one will win and the other goes home.This Indy vs OR game will be a classic I believe and if not for being in Auburn supporting Placer I would have LOVED to watch this game....these 2 programs are personal favorites and I wish them BOTH the very best next Friday.....it’s going to be a dogfight I believe!Good luck to both teams
I’ve always been a supporter of Indy,yr in and yr out and am always amazed at their success and accomplishment throughout the yr(s) always been big fan of Coach Stark,and this Indy team now competing in the D1 with success it appears after many yrs competing in the D3’s then D2’s is really getting some attention,and rightfully so..bravo to them.I don’t have a horse in the SFL race yet i’m always taken back with the level of competition in this unbelievable league where on any given nite any team can beat anyone excluding Folsom the majority of the time,but everyone else it’s GAME ON!But if I did,I honestly must say that I pull a bit more or lean a bit more in the Oak Ridge direction......Rocklin as well as my good friends TR and WWHS44 are thunder supporters.For several yrs now it appears OR comes away more so the brides maid and rarely the bride....good teams,great talent but fall a bit short after stellar seasons!I still can’t get over OR earlier season loss to Folsom as I thought they had that game and got bit again by not cashing in on the go ahead td and then missing out on the game tying fg(If i’m not mistaken,please correct me if i’m wrong).....OR will have its day and when they do I believe it will continue at least in SFL,I truely believe this.But this game vs Indy is not the SFL,yet here are 2 storied and successful programs getting ready to do battle where one will win and the other goes home.This Indy vs OR game will be a classic I believe and if not for being in Auburn supporting Placer I would have LOVED to watch this game....these 2 programs are personal favorites and I wish them BOTH the very best next Friday.....it’s going to be a dogfight I believe!Good luck to both teams!

Get your popcorn ready champ can’t wait!!!

I was one of those who disagreed with your Whitney comments... It seems you were pretty accurate....

You hit the nail on the head on this regarding coaching... Richardson had a "Swagger" to him which he imparted to the team which attracted players there and they won... Plus they were disciplined and had an identity... This does not seem to be the case this year...

You are right, if they Fall short of a SBG this year it will be a big blow to their recruiting and could be the beginning of a Backslide for Folsom in the years to come...

Coaching Matters, it Started with Taylor and Continued with Richardson, they have moved on now so can the new guy keep it going?....

Northern Nevada's Best Players are not walking Through that door anytime soon!...:)

Not good is a bit harsh. In comparison to some of those great teams they’ve had I agree. But they are still very good but beatable. Also almost every Hs program that excels today is bringing in kids from other areas. That is just the reality of it. And that is whether they are private of public.

Tough to be a grant fan. I don’t see any gold at the end of that rainbow. I think Best football in that program is behind them. The SFL will be just fine. It’s a great league. Schools like oak ridge, Whitney, and Rocklin are on the rise.
You say the same thing every time lol show me a team in the sfl that has a better young group of kids. Their jv team got stripped for its talent by varsity even some of their linemen what y’all seen on varsity was a bunch of inexperienced kids playing in the “top league” when they’re juniors they’ll have a lot to say in the sfl. Again coaching matters people like you fear a better coaches grant

You say the same thing every time lol show me a team in the sfl that has a better young group of kids. Their jv team got stripped for its talent by varsity even some of their linemen what y’all seen on varsity was a bunch of inexperienced kids playing in the “top league” when they’re juniors they’ll have a lot to say in the sfl. Again coaching matters people like you fear a better coaches grant

No issue at all. All the teams are good. No shortage of younger talent at Folsom either.

All of these team pull best players up. Rocklin, GB and Folsom JV teams are loaded. I don’t think anybody is worried about grant. I’m worried about Inderkum and I imagine OR is as well.

All of these team pull best players up. Rocklin, GB and Folsom JV teams are loaded. I don’t think anybody is worried about grant. I’m worried about Inderkum and I imagine OR is as well.

there’s a difference pulling them up before or in the playoffs then pulling kids up because you have to fill out your roster for varsity. No excuses though the turnaround is coming and when it comes dong jump ship in 2 years grant will have the best team in the sfl especially most talent book it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT