ADVERTISEMENT

Scoreboard 09/28 - 09/30

Now first down on the Mack 16 after a run up the middle.

BIG run off left tackle SCORES from 17 yards out! Kick is good…. 21-0. 5:12 left.

Reactions: aztecpadre
Palma 23 Hollster 23 Q4
Hollister kicker hits 46 yard FG to tie it up. He's made 3 FG tonight. Great kicker.

trying to get it on nfhs....says it is delayed?
The 0-5 start against top-level teams has provided the toughness as intended for the league games for Turlock. Actually, the tough early games are to prepare for the playoffs. If Turlock runs the table, and Downey is certainly a factor, they should be a 6 or 7 seed in the D1 division.

Reactions: M.C. fan
St. Mary’s 55 Lodi 0 final.

Rams were up 42-0 at halftime and scored immediately with a kickoff return for TD to start the 2nd half. Running clock started soon after, as well, when it became 49-0. Rams went with 2nd and 3rd stringers and stuck to running the ball. Rams extra point after their final TD was no good.

It was homecoming for St. Mary’s and QB Samson Hunkin was crowned Homecoming King. Fireworks at halftime were pretty nice with some fancy ones to boot. When my sons were attending SM, we used to say in the stands as the fireworks were launched, “there goes your tuition, there goes mine, there goes yours, there goes mine, …, etc.”

Reactions: concrete17
St. Mary’s 55 Lodi 0 final.

Rams were up 42-0 at halftime and scored immediately with a kickoff return for TD to start the 2nd half. Running clock started soon after, as well, when it became 49-0. Rams went with 2nd and 3rd stringers and stuck to running the ball. Rams extra point after their final TD was no good.

It was homecoming for St. Mary’s and QB Samson Hunkin was crowned Homecoming King. Fireworks at halftime were pretty nice with some fancy ones to boot. When my sons were attending SM, we used to say in the stands as the fireworks were launched, “there goes your tuition, there goes mine, there goes yours, there goes mine, …, etc.”
That last line made me laugh. Probably because I wasn’t paying tuition 😂

Reactions: bulldogmgc
Palma 31 Hollister 30 Final OT
Hollister scored first in OTand made extra point, and Palma scored on 4th and 1 foot on Nunes QB sneak. Palma went for two and QB Tommy Nunes ran around the end and leaps to and touches the pylon for the score and the win. Good game. Palma stays in the league hunt which could be their worse season in 35 years. Palma 1-1 in league and Hollister now 0-2 in league.

42- 35 Oakdale. Sierra score tracker said Oakdale only runs 3-4 different plays. Injuries forced Oakdale offence was just Wes Burford. He had a least 200 yards. And that's with a couple of 50+ yard runs called back.

Reactions: championcif75
Everyone took it on the chin in the Pick'em for this one.
Indeed! Really thought DO was much better. Maybe just an off night. It appears Folsom is still the lead dog in the SFL. Their only remaining challenge in league play might be Rocklin.

Reactions: M.C. fan
The Folsom /OR game was great. The score was not indicative of how close it was.

Keep in mind it was 14-14 with 6 min to go in 4th and Folsom got a huge benefit on a 3rd and like 15 when OR got called for a personal foul. Folsom was deep in their own territory and this kept drive alive that led to go ahead TD. OR holds them and Folsom is punting and OR would have had great field position. But that is football.
Lyons’s was great. He was like pinnick all night making wild plays that OR couldn’t recover from. He’s a load to take down.

My take away. DLS is pretty damn good because they dominated that Folsom game. OR doesn’t have the speed or QB play.

Fun game and hats off to Folsom for responding. They looked rattled at times.

Reactions: THEOC89
Indeed! Really thought DO was much better. Maybe just an off night. It appears Folsom is still the lead dog in the SFL. Their only remaining challenge in league play might be Rocklin.
DO lost their best two way player early on and GB did a great job of using it to their advantage. Carter Jackson and the GB line will be a tough task for everyone. Shows how thin the margins are in this very tough league.

After playing first 4 preseason games vs Casa Roble,Roseville,Del Oro,Vista del Lago….Placer starts 0-4 while Missing 4-5 starters,but they’re all back except starting WR/DB/kick returner and starting FB…..wr fractured collar bone may be lost;starting fb may return in couple weeks but they have PLENTY of rb’s…good rb’s all underclassmen including soph rb who is 6’1 190lbs and scored 4 td’s last week and 3 td’s last night vs Pondo.,including a 6’6 200lb Soph TE.The Hillmen are very young and after that gauntlet of 4 games are now getting healthy and some good experience from those losses.The strawchewers are now getting it done and have won last two games and are now 2-4 and will be making a run at yet another FVL Championship which will probably come against West Park 6-1….i guess what i’m trying to say is…DON’T COUNT OUT THE STRAWCHEWERS JUST YET….Especially on a pick em which i believe will come vs WP Oct 20, a showdown for the FVL Championship…Don’t count them out! Go Placer

Last edited:
DLS is pretty damn good because they dominated that Folsom game.

They ain’t THAT good, cause they got shut out earlier this season and lost by 4 TD’s to Serra. And lost to 3-3 Olu by 3 TD’s.

DLS has just always been a tough matchup for Folsom due to style of play and will likely always be. Also, as I’ve pointed out many times, Doherty is an average coach, and that typically shows whenever Folsom faces a team with similar or better talent.

Serra is the team that’s damn good.

They ain’t THAT good, cause they got shut out earlier this season and lost by 4 TD’s to Serra. And lost to 3-3 Olu by 3 TD’s.

DLS has just always been a tough matchup for Folsom due to style of play and will likely always be. Also, as I’ve pointed out many times, Doherty is an average coach, and that typically shows whenever Folsom faces a team with similar or better talent.

Serra is the team that’s damn good.
I would definitely say if Serra/DLS played right now it would be a closer game. Serra is clearly the best team in NorCal this year but Folsom held their own against them. It’s kind of strange, Folsom outplayed Serra after the 1st quarter. Serra whips DLS and DLS then turns around and beats Folsom in the road.

Good chance of Folsom meeting DLS in the playoffs again and next time it’ll be in Concord. Folsom has performed better at DLS then at home.

Also, how good is Clovis North? I missed it but they beat JSerra last week?!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT