ADVERTISEMENT

OR vs Folsom

I finally got caught up with the NFHS feed so here's a bit of a recap on what happened at the end:

On 3rd down Oak Ridge drew a clear PI penalty in the end zone but in true HS football fashion it didn't result in a 1st down.

On the next play an outside rusher came free from the right side -- completely untouched -- and blindsided QB Lamson who somehow held on to the ball.

That forced the FG attempt on 4th down from Folsom's 17 1/2 yard line. Ball was spotted for the kicker at the 22, almost centered and slightly toward the right hash mark.

Couldn't tell exactly from the side angle, but it looked like he hooked it.(perhaps @larry legend33 could tell)

It's clear to me that Folsom's defense is quite vulnerable and not what it was last season, but I got to give them credit for stepping up when the game was on the line. The blindside sack was huge because I think a receiver was about to uncover.Lamson's attention was all to his left. Never saw the free rusher coming.

We may get a potential rematch in the SJS D1 section championship with these two teams. Tough outcome for OR, especially their kicker. But, hats off to Folsom's D at the end. That sack was huge!

Ngata is totally different level. OR has a few kids that will get chance to play in college. I give credit to Folsom for making plays when they needed too. It was just such a ripe night for an upset. TR had that spot on.

Daniyel Ngata pulled a Boobie Myles tonight and did it w/o exasperating his injury. That's big time.

Just wished he had been able to catch that 4th down pass and score last week vs. DLS. ;)

Reactions: larry legend33
No BS, I was rooting for OR to win. I think parity is better for the SFL.
Plus, unless it's my own team, I typically root for underdogs.

I was rooting for Folsom to upset DLS last week and I was rooting for Oak Ridge to beat Folsom this week. For the same reasons. But once they start playing the SoCal heavies, I'll be rooting for both.

The above said, I feel really bad for Oak Ridge -- who has come within a play of beating Folsom twice in the past 4 meetings. They failed on a 2 pt conversion to win outright in 2016 and had a 1st and goal situation with an opportunity to win outright tonight.

Both games were eerily similar in that OR pretty much led the game throughout, surrendered the lead late then came up short on their last offensive possession.

TR- just a slight hook... so close. Poor kid because he made 2 other FG during the game but nobody will remember those. Lamson did get hammered and he was pretty shaken from that sack. I would have loved if they had gone for TD but that sack hurt them.
One thing I noticed is that swag wasn’t around tnite. Folsom knew they were in for a war. Hats off for stepping up. Agree 100% TR. parity is good

Reactions: ThunderRam
Like Folsom or not, this is a fantastic throw and catch (better catch than anything).

Whatever school lands Badger is getting a beast.

Reactions: concrete17
He’s unbelievable. Sunday’s like I said are in his future. Grown man. Great D and better O.

I follow Serra pretty regularly and for all the hypotheticals about a potential rbg matchup with Folsom assumes that Folsom is the clear d1 rep. Also assumes Serra gets by VC.

It's clear to me that a d1 playoff rematch between Trojans and Bulldogs would be a hell of a main event. Credit to the dogs for not a shred of wilt in their resolve. Respect to Oak Ridge for giving the bulldogs all that they could handle. It's so refreshing to have sfl competition up and down the league.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT