ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt taken down by CVC in opener?

Rmbr26

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2004
JUst happened to see comment by IrishCheers in the Weekly Pick'em thread. I had not even given thought to the Pitt-CVC game & thought Pitt would roll them. So much for the lofty pre-season rankings for Pitt OR perhaps CVC is just real good this year? [despite their much lower rating].

So much for Pitt as my top pick of the week, Lol! That pre-season hype will get you every time.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
JUst happened to see comment by IrishCheers in the Weekly Pick'em thread. I had not even given thought to the Pitt-CVC game & thought Pitt would roll them. So much for the lofty pre-season rankings for Pitt OR perhaps CVC is just real good this year? [despite their much lower rating].

So much for Pitt as my top pick of the week, Lol! That pre-season hype will get you every time.
Guys...take a look at the line score and both teams were with in three points at half and CVC tied the game going into the fourth quarter. .As much fire power as Pitt has and how good they looked on paper, it looks like we have way underestimated CVC....I was going to the Pitt game and got held up so I went to Deer Valley-America Canyon game instead....The Pittsburg loss is a big surprise and any body who saw the game saw some high school history take place.

Great win for Clayton. Gonna be a GREAT rematch should these two meet again in the Ncs playoffs

Reactions: cashisking18
Great win for Clayton. Gonna be a GREAT rematch should these two meet again in the Ncs playoffs
Am not usually easily discouraged but its just the opener and usually there are holes in Pitts game at the start. There are definitely holes in Pitt D just looking at how CV's #15 was running around thru Pitt's defenses. Last year's D was too tight nobody can run thru them. Passing? Well, Justin Boyd was better thrower as QB last year than he is at receiving this year. Lets give #6 Trey Turner a chance vs powerhouse St Mary's of Stockton next Friday. Otherwise, Vic Galli should look at his options. As a famous Chinese proverb would say why fix what wasn't broken? Last year's great run, was it a Justin Boyd as qb factor or aren't you able to suitably replace the Ajae Boyd sticky hands receiver factor. One thing for sure the Pitt D and the front 5 offense last year made a lot of difference to making it to the Norcal championship and State challenge vs Narbonne.

Reactions: Paloma
Would love to see a rematch indeed between Pitt and CVC at the NCS Open playoffs. I hope they both will be in same bracket so they could meet!

Am not usually easily discouraged but its just the opener and usually there are holes in Pitts game at the start. There are definitely holes in Pitt D just looking at how CV's #15 was running around thru Pitt's defenses. Last year's D was too tight nobody can run thru them. Passing? Well, Justin Boyd was better thrower as QB last year than he is at receiving this year. Lets give #6 Trey Turner a chance vs powerhouse St Mary's of Stockton next Friday. Otherwise, Vic Galli should look at his options. As a famous Chinese proverb would say why fix what wasn't broken? Last year's great run, was it a Justin Boyd as qb factor or aren't you able to suitably replace the Ajae Boyd sticky hands receiver factor. One thing for sure the Pitt D and the front 5 offense last year made a lot of difference to making it to the Norcal championship and State challenge vs Narbonne.
Agree, and Pitt usually gets progressively stronger as the season rolls on. I also think that traditionally Pitt doesn’t do as well when expectations are really high, like this year. Oh, they’ll win at least 9-10 games most years, but this year they had been favored in some circles to win the NCS.And we all know who the elephant in the room is. They’ll be fine though,and tough as ever come playoff time.I think the loss to Clayton will refocus them.

Would love to see a rematch indeed between Pitt and CVC at the NCS Open playoffs. I hope they both will be in same bracket so they could meet!

It remains to be seen who the top 4 teams for the Open will be, but one thing’s for sure, DLS will always be in that discussion. That loss to CVC could really hurt Pitt if they lose another game or 2, which with their schedule wouldn’t be a shocker.

At this point, it is 1) DLS then 2) CVC. Pitt and the EBAL winner (SRV really put a licking on Heritage, and MV got a quality will vs. GB) could fill the bracket, but if the Pirates aren’t careful they could find themselves at the #4 seed facing DLS in round 1. I know that’s their ultimate goal beating the green machine, but they could have made life a lot easier by beating CVC Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT