ADVERTISEMENT

PITTSBURG PASSING TOURNAMENT

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
Saturday morning at Pittsburg High, Pittsburg Hosted, Campolindo, El Cerrito, DLS, Alhambra, Deer Valley James :Logan,Concord, Encinal and Bearean Christian. The games started of in 30 minute playing time
as Pittsburg vs Campolindo,El Cerrito Vs. DLS on the playing field while Alhambra took on deer Valley on the baseball field and James Logan met Concord on the grass field while encinal and Bearan Christian sat out the first round.
With four games going at one time, It was impossible to keep track of all the results, but from what I saw, Bearan Christian looked the sharpest and I believe they had the most wins....,Add the running game to the eagle passing attack and BC looks very dangerous
After the tournament was over, I watched the DLS coaches grill the team on pass catching, as the Spartans
lost games do to dropped passes....Now the Spartans did look pretty sharp with good speed and size for passing 7 on 7 and like BC, add the running attack and it is the DLS machine back in motion.
Pittsburg, El Cerrito, Encinal,Deer Valley and James Logan were loaded with speed, but Concord did not have a good Sat.at all....one of those things....QB's for Pittsburg, Cammpolindo which looked second best to BC, El Cerrito and James Logan had good arms.....And Encinal who was under sized, made up for it with real speed, did a good job on receptions as well as defense.
It may be premature, but Deer Valley may be on the recovery as they had a lot of size also and very quick. on the field today.
Alhambra's defense was using a zone defense, but the passing patterns which saw recievers go left and right on criss cross patterns left gaps and the recievers were pulling the passes in on good gains by Deer Valley and Encinal.
On defense, Campolindo came up with three interceptions against Pittsburg, while two interceptions by DLS on Alhambra gave the Spartans a 2-1 victory.
There were a good bunch of QB's in today's tournament led by Campolindo BC and up coming DLS, Alhambra and Campolindo have a group of sure handed recievers as did the rest of the teams..unfornately, I did not get to see Concord as they played on the grass and I was expecting them to come on the play field, but from was the guys said, the minutemen did not do well......

I was also there and stayed mostly around the stadium. James Logan looks like they usually do. Pretty much the same staff only McNally at the helm. I think they'll be fine especially with a new stadium in the horizon.

I agree on Concord. One or two playmakers but that is absolutely it.

De La Salle looked like a team that is going to be a tier or two lower than they were the previous three years. But they will be De La Salle so nothing else to report there.

The two player that were the best of the day were Damon Cole of El Cerrito and Hodgins of Berean Christian. They are truely elite and stood head and shoulders above the rest of the talent.

Word around the snack bar area was there is a Jesse Sapolu lineman competition next Saturday at Pitt. Sounds like a bunch of schools' linemen competing in one on ones. That could be very interesting. Pitt looks questionable at the skill position but word is they are stacked up front.

I was also there and stayed mostly around the stadium. James Logan looks like they usually do. Pretty much the same staff only McNally at the helm. I think they'll be fine especially with a new stadium in the horizon.

I agree on Concord. One or two playmakers but that is absolutely it.

De La Salle looked like a team that is going to be a tier or two lower than they were the previous three years. But they will be De La Salle so nothing else to report there.

The two player that were the best of the day were Damon Cole of El Cerrito and Hodgins of Berean Christian. They are truely elite and stood head and shoulders above the rest of the talent.

Word around the snack bar area was there is a Jesse Sapolu lineman competition next Saturday at Pitt. Sounds like a bunch of schools' linemen competing in one on ones. That could be very interesting. Pitt looks questionable at the skill position but word is they are stacked up front.
Paloma.....Thanks for the heads up on the Pittsburg Sat. battle, let me know when you are around next and we can look things over and knock off a few hot dogs....
One of the things that the teams didn't get was a break as each team had five minutes to get to the next game unless you drew a bye....With 30 minutes of combat, each team was hard pressed, unless they had any depth for the next round....,And each game, except for the Concord game, scores were 2-1 3-2 4-3 hard fought pass defense games as well as some surprising strong passing.

Reactions: Paloma
I thought there was some really good QB talent at Pitt yesterday. Encinal, BC, and El Cerrito QB's Leading the pack

Was tjat Nunez at QB for Concord? He impreseed me too. Concord impressed me alot more than you guys- maybe we saw different games but they still have talent and are well coached.

Agree that DV had lots of talent. Logan was not as big as in some years but those guys really competed, were very aggressive.

Pitt looked as arhletic as they always do- they are elite NCS again.

Reactions: Paloma
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT