ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburg @ Serra

FBAddict

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2002
Second quarter is almost finished and the score is Serra 35 Pittsburg 14. This games is erasing many of the early doubts about Serra. 1st Quarter ended 21-7 Serra.

In the WCAL discussion, Serra very well may overtake VC as #1 in WCAL. Assuming both teams fair well through this season, the 9th game will be a much anticipated between Serra and VC at Serra.

The half ends with a final score from Pittsburg for a 35-21 Serra lead.

Serra, making a statement in this game, Pitt secondary consistently getting shredded. A question leading into this game had been how serra would hold up on OL and DL but so far they have been in control Serra 49-21 3rd qtr just intercepted at the 45 Los .

Reactions: FBAddict
End of 3rd - Serra leads 49-21. I thought maybe Pittsburg would have made some necessary adjustments during the half break, but it seems Pittsburg has maxed out their ability for this early season. Serra has certainly got my attention.

Serra is making all their coaching calls by hand signal from the sidelines. I can't remember if all calls were being made that way last year, but it sure speeds up their game.

Reactions: Santa Ball
This game has just turned flat ugly. Serra scored a field goal and a TD in the 4th with a score of 58-21. Pitts can't move the ball and is having trouble stopping both the rush and pass attack.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Pitt is always a head scratcher for me, no shortage of athletic talent but no real direction it always seems. No continuity in what they do.

Reactions: remc
Pitt is always a head scratcher for me, no shortage of athletic talent but no real direction it always seems. No continuity in what they do.
Couldn’t agree more. Don’t know where to begin to explain it

Couldn’t agree more. Don’t know where to begin to explain it
Having said that, it would appear that Serra could be something special this year, though I anticipated Pitt would start slowly early on after what they lost from last years team

The tiny tot, roughly 40 inches tall, was just one more potential Serra DB who happened to be wearing Pampers at the time. There is no truth to the malicious report that Coach Walsh tried to recruit the tyke for use in the Serra dime package.

Nice early season win for the Padres.

Just judging from the score, it sure seems PITT's defense has taken a big hit.

Reactions: remc
Very difficult to watch this game on NFHS, im not sure if there is a toddler running the camera. That bad!!!
Santa Ball, I filmed ton of games over the years and I have seen kids working the cameras or not too expirenced adult filming games
handheld on top of the pressbox when they should have had the camera on a tripod.

I know it’s early but could Serra be the next best team in NorCal behind DLS? They have a tough game against menlo Atherton coming up. Should be a good test.

Reactions: THEOC89
Santa Ball, I filmed ton of games over the years and I have seen kids working the cameras or not too expirenced adult filming games
handheld on top of the pressbox when they should have had the camera on a tripod.

No doubt about it, I've made those mistakes myself. Watching that Serra game, at a minimum I swear more than a dozen plays went missing where the camera presnap veered to open field. Even some punt and kickoff returns went MIA. I sound like a cranky old man but NFHS new site has a poor U.I., not to mention games missing. I tried to watch the MA vs. Bellarmine game but instead enjoyed 120 mins of a vacant bball court. In addition I tried to watch the Antelope stream wk 1 but apparently it never broadcasted. Likewise several various jv games touted to be broadcast never materialized. Not sure how much is on the host sites or NFHS, oh well.

Pheww, alright that felt better. Lol

You are spot on, and it's not just you everyone else sees it as well. So we're not just "Kranky Old Men' :) complaining. If we're paying that fee we want to see good quality games and games that they say they're going to be televised. Otherwise I could have spent my time doing something else if the JV game is not going to be shown.

Nice early season win for the Padres.

Just judging from the score, it sure seems PITT's defense has taken a big hit.
Certainly appears that way. Very , very seldom see Pitt get drubbed like that, though I’m more prone to credit Serra having a potentially great team than Pitts youth in certain areas. Though I’m sure it factored in somewhere, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

I know it’s early but could Serra be the next best team in NorCal behind DLS? They have a tough game against menlo Atherton coming up. Should be a good test.

LL33,
I think Serra is going to blow the doors off MA this Friday at Levi. In fact, I plan to have them as my number 10 this week in pick’em. Initially I thought Walsh decision to hold the team out of preseason scrimmaging was folly, as they would be wet behind the ears for Pitt. Obviously not the case, the Padres looked like a team that can score 50 at will.

It’s just one game but it was impressive. The QB McLemore was a question mark for me, but he balled out. Good decision by Serra coaching staff to keep him under wraps at least for a week. I really wish we would see more WCAL vs. SFL non league match ups. How about a VC vs. Oak Ridge, Serra vs. Folsom, St. Francis vs. D.O. etc. Right now I think Serra is top 5 in NorCal, but would get pummeled by Folsom.

Here is a look at M.A. QB MacLeod, super quick release. Battle of the Mac’s this Friday.

How about a VC vs. Oak Ridge, Serra vs. Folsom, St. Francis vs. D.O. etc.
I suggested these match-ups a few years back. It's great seeing CCS and SJS teams like Aptos, Palma, Placer and Oakdale finally mixing it up against each other. Would also be great seeing a Salinas and Manteca series in the future. Two well coached and physical programs. And why hasn't Indy and McClymonds scheduled each other? Two of the most athletic programs in NorCal. This would be a very interesting OAL vs SJS match-up as well. I remember when Indy scheduled El Cerrito when they were on the upswing. The difference between EC and Mack is coaching. Mack's coach Peters would give Indy a tougher game then EC did. There's a lot of good match ups in NorCal that hasn't happen for whatever reason. If market properly these marquee games would only make the gate fatter in my opinion. And would make NorCal football more interesting to watch as a fan of NorCal football.

I suggested these match-ups a few years back. It's great seeing CCS and SJS teams like Aptos, Palma, Placer and Oakdale finally mixing it up against each other. Would also be great seeing a Salinas and Manteca series in the future. Two well coached and physical programs. And why hasn't Indy and McClymonds scheduled each other? Two of the most athletic programs in NorCal. This would be a very interesting OAL vs SJS match-up as well. I remember when Indy scheduled El Cerrito when they were on the upswing. The difference between EC and Mack is coaching. Mack's coach Peters would give Indy a tougher game then EC did. There's a lot of good match ups in NorCal that hasn't happen for whatever reason. If market properly these marquee games would only make the gate fatter in my opinion. And would make NorCal football more interesting to watch as a fan of NorCal football.
Good thought about Mack vs Inderkum, but Mack is a way smaller school, don’t see them beating Indy, though it would be interesting.Pitt vs Grant most years would be fun to watch as well.EBAL schools like Monte Vista, San Ramon Valley, and Clayton Valley would give good games to SFL opponents as well

Good thought about Mack vs Inderkum, but Mack is a way smaller school, don’t see them beating Indy, though it would be interesting.Pitt vs Grant most years would be fun to watch as well.EBAL schools like Monte Vista, San Ramon Valley, and Clayton Valley would give good games to SFL opponents as well
Agree Mack is smaller but they field the same type of (starters). Physical, tough and athletic. Not sure if Pitt would have wanted any parts of Grant back in the day. In the mid 2000's Valley Christian beat and played Pitt close in the games they played. When VC played Grant in the mid 2000's the Pacers beat them without much resistance. At the present, I don't see Grant giving Pitt much of a game due to coaching issues. So I wouldn't see that game as a marquee match-up today. Once Grant resolve their coaching issues I would love to see them go at it with Pitt.

Agree Mack is smaller but they field the same type of (starters). Physical, tough and athletic. Not sure if Pitt would have wanted any parts of Grant back in the day. In the mid 2000's Valley Christian beat and played Pitt close in the games they played. When VC played Grant in the mid 2000's the Pacers beat them without much resistance. At the present, I don't see Grant giving Pitt much of a game due to coaching issues. So I wouldn't see that game as a marquee match-up today. Once Grant resolve their coaching issues I would love to see them go at it with Pitt.
Agree, Pitt wouldn’t have wanted any part of Grant when the Pacers were at the height of their powers, but Pitt will play anybody, I have a lot of respect for their non league schedule, it’s always very tough.Theyve had some good teams over the years as well,but I’d give GHS a slight edge most years

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT