ADVERTISEMENT

PREDICTIONS------NORTH BAY BATTLE

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
THE GAMEOF TE WEEK
The game of the week is Campolindo 6-2 invading Acalanes 6-1....Its two of the area's best coaches matching wits.....Its two of the best QB's trying to out fox the other.....Of all the coaches In the area, Kevin Macy and Floyd Burnsed are part of the elite, the QB's John Torchio of Campolindo and Robby Rowell of Acalanes make up part of the rest of the puzzle...
The key to this game is the front four, who give the best protection, who can open the holes for the runners, plus the best pass protection as this is going to be a air war...To support the air attack means a good running game or the best you can provide.
it appears Acalanes has the edge thru the air, but its the ground attack by Campolindo which may be the difference.
The pick.....Campolindo 38 Acalanes 28
This coming Friday night, RC and CN meet again and this time its for the North Bay Crown,both Jake Simmons and Beau Barington will be up to the task after last Monday, both looking for better ways to finish the game..
Line Score
RC.........07....17.....00.....17.....41
CN.........07....00.....07.....14.....28

BIG GAMES
Alhambra 5-2 at Northgate 6-1......The pick.....Northgate 20 Alhambra 7....in the past, the bulldogs have not been able to stop any team with a passing attack..Its gong to take every thing Alhambra has to win thus game.
Monte vista 4-4 at San Ramon 8-0...The Pick...San Ramon 49 Monte Vista14...Its not really a big game, its most likely a route, but its a back yard battle and things have a chance of changing...
Terra Linda 5-2 at San Marin 5-2.....The Pick....San Marin 28 Terra Linda 24....who has the edge, more of a case of who wants to win....
Sonoma Valley 1-4 at Healdsburg 3-4.....the Pick.....Sonoma Valley 27 Healdsburg 20...Healdsburg has a habit of surprising teams....Loser stays in the basement of the Sonoma Co. League..
St. Patricks-St.vincent 7-0 at El Cerrito 5-1.....St. Pat's 41 El Cerrito 28...Both teams are 2-0 in the Tr-Co. League, so the Crown is up for grabs
Encinal 8-0 at Alameda 5-3...the Pick.....Encinal 39 alameda 7...again its for the crown in the west valley league...both teams are 3-0 in league play, but the Jets don't plan on loosing a back yard battle...

BAY VALLEY
Deer Valley 2-5 at Antioch 5-2.....The pick....Antioch 37 Deer Valley 24
Freedom 6-1 at heritage 5-3.....The Pick.....Freedom 28 heritage 14.....Freedom ran into a defensive battle last week and could face another one...
Pittsburg 5-1 at Liberty 7-1....The Pick.....Pittsburg 38 Liberty 13...But the lions should be up for this game and we at see a different out come.

EBAL
Granada 4-4 AT Dougherty vALLEY 1-7....The Pick......Granada 45 Dougherty Valley 7....Long year for DV.
California 5-3 at Dublin 3-5.....The Pick.....California 41 Dublin 20.....This year looked at first like the rise of the Gaels, but not so.
Livermore 3-5 at Foothill 5-3......The Pick.....Foothill 40 Livermore 13....Still waiting for the Cowboys to maketheir mark...
Monte Vistsa 4-4 at San Ramon 8-0......SRV 44 MV 20

DIABLO FOOTHILL
Campolindo 6-2 at Acalanes 6-1....The Pick......Campo 38 Acalanes 28
Miramonte 6-2 at Concord 1-6.....The Pick.....Miramonte 41 Concord 13.....What happeed to the Minutemen???
Las Lomas 3-4 at CVC 6-2.....Te Pick.....CVC52 Las Lomas 13......The Eagles rollon.

DIABLO VALLEY
Berean Christian 2-4 at College Park.....The Pick.....Berean Christian 35 College Park 24....The Falcons' have lost their way, still time to change the down fall..
Alhambra 5-2 at Northgate 6-1.....The Pick.....Northgate 20 Alhambra 7
Mt. diablo 0-7 at Ygnacio Valley 3-3.....The Pick.....YG 44 Mt. Diablo 13...big turn around year for the Warriors.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
THE GAMEOF TE WEEK
The game of the week is Campolindo 6-2 invading Acalanes 6-1....Its two of the area's best coaches matching wits.....Its two of the best QB's trying to out fox the other.....Of all the coaches In the area, Kevin Macy and Floyd Burnsed are part of the elite, the QB's John Torchio of Campolindo and Robby Rowell of Acalanes make up part of the rest of the puzzle...
The key to this game is the front four, who give the best protection, who can open the holes for the runners, plus the best pass protection as this is going to be a air war...To support the air attack means a good running game or the best you can provide.
it appears Acalanes has the edge thru the air, but its the ground attack by Campolindo which may be the difference.
The pick.....Campolindo 38 Acalanes 28
This coming Friday night, RC and CN meet again and this time its for the North Bay Crown,both Jake Simmons and Beau Barington will be up to the task after last Monday, both looking for better ways to finish the game..
Line Score
RC.........07....17.....00.....17.....41
CN.........07....00.....07.....14.....28

BIG GAMES
Alhambra 5-2 at Northgate 6-1......The pick.....Northgate 20 Alhambra 7....in the past, the bulldogs have not been able to stop any team with a passing attack..Its gong to take every thing Alhambra has to win thus game.
Monte vista 4-4 at San Ramon 8-0...The Pick...San Ramon 49 Monte Vista14...Its not really a big game, its most likely a route, but its a back yard battle and things have a chance of changing...
Terra Linda 5-2 at San Marin 5-2.....The Pick....San Marin 28 Terra Linda 24....who has the edge, more of a case of who wants to win....
Sonoma Valley 1-4 at Healdsburg 3-4.....the Pick.....Sonoma Valley 27 Healdsburg 20...Healdsburg has a habit of surprising teams....Loser stays in the basement of the Sonoma Co. League..
St. Patricks-St.vincent 7-0 at El Cerrito 5-1.....St. Pat's 41 El Cerrito 28...Both teams are 2-0 in the Tr-Co. League, so the Crown is up for grabs
Encinal 8-0 at Alameda 5-3...the Pick.....Encinal 39 alameda 7...again its for the crown in the west valley league...both teams are 3-0 in league play, but the Jets don't plan on loosing a back yard battle...

BAY VALLEY
Deer Valley 2-5 at Antioch 5-2.....The pick....Antioch 37 Deer Valley 24
Freedom 6-1 at heritage 5-3.....The Pick.....Freedom 28 heritage 14.....Freedom ran into a defensive battle last week and could face another one...
Pittsburg 5-1 at Liberty 7-1....The Pick.....Pittsburg 38 Liberty 13...But the lions should be up for this game and we at see a different out come.

EBAL
Granada 4-4 AT Dougherty vALLEY 1-7....The Pick......Granada 45 Dougherty Valley 7....Long year for DV.
California 5-3 at Dublin 3-5.....The Pick.....California 41 Dublin 20.....This year looked at first like the rise of the Gaels, but not so.
Livermore 3-5 at Foothill 5-3......The Pick.....Foothill 40 Livermore 13....Still waiting for the Cowboys to maketheir mark...
Monte Vistsa 4-4 at San Ramon 8-0......SRV 44 MV 20

DIABLO FOOTHILL
Campolindo 6-2 at Acalanes 6-1....The Pick......Campo 38 Acalanes 28
Miramonte 6-2 at Concord 1-6.....The Pick.....Miramonte 41 Concord 13.....What happeed to the Minutemen???
Las Lomas 3-4 at CVC 6-2.....Te Pick.....CVC52 Las Lomas 13......The Eagles rollon.

DIABLO VALLEY
Berean Christian 2-4 at College Park.....The Pick.....Berean Christian 35 College Park 24....The Falcons' have lost their way, still time to change the down fall..
Alhambra 5-2 at Northgate 6-1.....The Pick.....Northgate 20 Alhambra 7
Mt. diablo 0-7 at Ygnacio Valley 3-3.....The Pick.....YG 44 Mt. Diablo 13...big turn around year for the Warriors.
The Prediction for the RC/CN game........RC45 CN 35..a wild and woolly finish to the game....

That Newman game isn't this week. (its Friday 11-3) And its going to be a battle.
Thanks Larry.......I send in the correction, but you beat me to it....This is one game to go see, I'm house stricken right now and have missed the whole season, we have had some great games and QB's plus linemen that we may see later in the college ranks...

Thanks Larry.......I send in the correction, but you beat me to it....This is one game to go see, I'm house stricken right now and have missed the whole season, we have had some great games and QB's plus linemen that we may see later in the college ranks...
ANY body planning to see a game??? Some real action coming up...Campolindo at Acalanes......Alhambra at Northgate....Pittsburg at Liberty and maybe a surprise game in the Freedom at Heritage, ,plus St.Patricks/St.vincent at El Cerrito....The Crown is on the line in three of the five games....the pittsburg game will be all out war...

The Campo game might come down to the last minute, but I see Campo coming off with a win

No worries. You do a great job. Rancho just might have enough juice to make a very deep run this year. If there is a better QB than Simmons around in Norcal I would like to see him. Newman will be ready though. I think this game will be another barn burner in the great Newman vs Rancho series.

If Alhambra even had the slightest of pass defense this team would have been competing at the top level of D3 since 2014 or 15, with the expectation of last year... Always had the Athletes just needs the coaching. I’ve been watching them since the early 00’s it would be nice to see them return to the dominant program they used to be...
I agree. I am a big Alhambra fan and would love to see them return to dominance.

I agree. I am a big Alhambra fan and would love to see them return to dominance.
People in the stands at Alhambra are voicing there thoughts , the school dist. refuses to take any action to correct this problem that has been going on for years....The school district year after year comes up with kids that just need some one to point them in the right direction...Again, pass defense needs to be addressed years ago.

People in the stands at Alhambra are voicing there thoughts , the school dist. refuses to take any action to correct this problem that has been going on for years....The school district year after year comes up with kids that just need some one to point them in the right direction...Again, pass defense needs to be addressed years ago.
I was at the acalanes game for their opener (my neck of the woods) and word was that this team hasn’t beaten the Dons since their new coach has taken over? But you are correct Indeed if they were sent in the right direction they would be a force to be reckoned with...

I was at the acalanes game for their opener (my neck of the woods) and word was that this team hasn’t beaten the Dons since their new coach has taken over? But you are correct Indeed if they were sent in the right direction they would be a force to be reckoned with...
The coaching staff knew well in advance just how good the Acalanes passing game was going to be, directed by Robby Rowell....Robby dropped his passes right into the receiver hands and acalanes skinned Alhambra alive 56-14.

The coaching staff knew well in advance just how good the Acalanes passing game was going to be, directed by Robby Rowell....Robby dropped his passes right into the receiver hands and acalanes skinned Alhambra alive 56-14.
One other problem is Alhambra has no passing game, the coach has been continuely using his son at QB and although he runs a pretty good game,they need a QB that can throw and hit the target.....In the Miramonte game, one pass was thrown and it was defected and the bulldog receiver pulled it in by pure chance...There are two kids that have good arms and can throw, but they sit on the bench.

One other problem is Alhambra has no passing game, the coach has been continuely using his son at QB and although he runs a pretty good game,they need a QB that can throw and hit the target.....In the Miramonte game, one pass was thrown and it was defected and the bulldog receiver pulled it in by pure chance...There are two kids that have good arms and can throw, but they sit on the bench.
I don't agree with this at all. They need to play the kids that can throw. This is 2017 not 1975.

I don't agree with this at all. They need to play the kids that can throw. This is 2017 not 1975.
Alhambra has two kids that can throw, its my guess the coach doesn't feel that they could make a difference....The trouble with a 100% running team is you can home in on the runners and put the pressure on the QB. Unless your defense is weak, then you take your lumps.And do the best you can...

No worries. You do a great job. Rancho just might have enough juice to make a very deep run this year. If there is a better QB than Simmons around in Norcal I would like to see him. Newman will be ready though. I think this game will be another barn burner in the great Newman vs Rancho series.
D3 looks like a fun bracket. Some question for D3, are Marin and Bishop O'Dowd better than Rancho? Does it help to play the same team two times, is it like winning once or risk drop your seating if you should split? Do Acalanes or Miramonte belong in the top 4? How good is Eureka, they almost beat Rancho last year in a close game? Why such a big drop at Analy?

I'm a bit of a homer but I think Rancho is the best team in NCS D3. They don't have the 4-5 star kids like ODOWD but that stuff is often overvalued at least IMO. Rancho will come in as underdogs but lookout.

It’s always perplexing when a backup has the goods yet a coach’s bias has him wearing blinders. Yes, most know the back story here and although very compelling, it appears to have shadowed decisions. Championing- the word carries heavy or shallow meaning dependent on one’s internal moral compass- integrity over loyalty proves difficult for many.

I'm a bit of a homer but I think Rancho is the best team in NCS D3. They don't have the 4-5 star kids like ODOWD but that stuff is often overvalued at least IMO. Rancho will come in as underdogs but lookout.
Larry...Its my opinion that rancho will stop Cardinal Newman again, I'm sticking with my 45-35 score.....

Newman vs Rancho will be a battle. I give the edge to Rancho as well after just beating Newman and really having the most talent in terms of top to bottom players. Newman will have to try and limit Simmons (somehow). Cronin is a tough guy to beat 2x though. Would Rancho get a #1 seed if they ran the table?

Newman vs Rancho will be a battle. I give the edge to Rancho as well after just beating Newman and really having the most talent in terms of top to bottom players. Newman will have to try and limit Simmons (somehow). Cronin is a tough guy to beat 2x though. Would Rancho get a #1 seed if they ran the table?

I think Rancho does get the number one seed. I still think MC is the team to beat in D3. But really just a very deep bracket.

Newman is dealing with a lot. Out of 620 students, 90 of them lost their homes (Maria Carillo had 12% of their students lose homes). School for Newman is being held at 4 satellite campuses in Windsor, Cotati and Rohnert Parks). But hell, Newman could come through, Id never bet against Cronin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT