ADVERTISEMENT

Rancho Cotate wins 7-on-7 Tournament

It is only 7 on 7 and Newman has a new staff, but I was a little surprised SV was to beat them this past weekend.

Newman had such an amazing run under Cronin. Especially the last few years. Those were some of the best teams in redwood empire history. I would think it will be a rebuilding period for a couple years now. And also I think parity around nbl comes back which is a good thing

Reactions: bella123
Newman had such an amazing run under Cronin. Especially the last few years. Those were some of the best teams in redwood empire history. I would think it will be a rebuilding period for a couple years now. And also I think parity around nbl comes back which is a good thing
CN has PLENTY of talent and should be just fine. They are learning something new. 7x7 can can misrepresent sometimes who the better team is and give people a false sense of security.
I guess we will see as things play out soon.

CN has PLENTY of talent and should be just fine. They are learning something new. 7x7 can can misrepresent sometimes who the better team is and give people a false sense of security.
I guess we will see as things play out soon.

I remember losing to Elsie Allen in a 7v7 when I’m pretty sure in a real game we would have smashed them 80-0

I remember losing to Elsie Allen in a 7v7 when I’m pretty sure in a real game we would have smashed them 80-0
Hahahhah.
Yeah but newman has literally had the best QB in redwood empire for at least a decade plus every year and the kid Cronin has at Windsor is a stud. It will be interesting to see how it plays out but Windsor and Rancho will be very good.

Reactions: MC415
Hahahhah.
Yeah but newman has literally had the best QB in redwood empire for at least a decade plus every year and the kid Cronin has at Windsor is a stud. It will be interesting to see how it plays out but Windsor and Rancho will be very good.

Well last 10 years in the RE? I’m going with MC…Goff, Mahalak, Peterson, Petras ….3 of those guys were 4 star recruits now Petras is starting at Iowa

Well last 10 years in the RE? I’m going with MC…Goff, Mahalak, Peterson, Petras ….3 of those guys were 4 star recruits now Petras is starting at Iowa
Beat me to it. I’d go MC as well. But Cronin has developed his share of kids. Won’t be surprised with some young guys up on varsity for Windsor this year. Everyone is raving about that freshman kid from Texas.

Reactions: MC415
Beat me to it. I’d go MC as well. But Cronin has developed his share of kids. Won’t be surprised with some young guys up on varsity for Windsor this year. Everyone is raving about that freshman kid from Texas.
Redwood empire doesn’t include marin county fellas. I’m Better than that. (Most days)
Marin Catholic easily if you include that area.

Redwood empire doesn’t include marin county fellas. I’m Better than that. (Most days)
Marin Catholic easily if you include that area.
Well San Marin, Novato, MC, San Rafael etc might need to turn in those “NCS Redwood Empire” titles they won then. 😂

FB2A3AREbracket05KS.pdf

I never saw CN lose to De La Salle in their 7x7 tournament three straight years, fairly certain a live game would have ended differently. Some coaches give all their QB's reps, others try to build confidence with one QB.

I'd give the nod to MC too. Still wonder how a Petras led team lost to Shasta in the NorCal Regionals.

Rumors that the bloom is already off the rose at Windsor. Still think Cronin is the best coach in the NCS. There's no way CN should have beaten MC with Sekona (USC), Peterson- Davison (San Jose St) and Ghilotti (ND) on the DL in the rain with an OL averaging 192.5 lbs

I think Cronin is on a short list of best coach in Calif regardless of size, league, etc. and I don’t think anybody on here would argue that. Windsor , Rancho, newman battles in the term look exciting. And I think newman beats MC Goff team if Wright doesn’t break leg in 1st half.

I'd give the nod to MC too. Still wonder how a Petras led team lost to Shasta in the NorCal Regionals.

My wife’s alma mater I got to see them that year against Chico that team was just physically stronger up front with that veer they run, that was a good team with 3 dangerous RBs

Reactions: northbayfb
Rumors that the bloom is already off the rose at Windsor. Still think Cronin is the best coach in the NCS. There's no way CN should have beaten MC with Sekona (USC), Peterson- Davison (San Jose St) and Ghilotti (ND) on the DL in the rain with an OL averaging 192.5 lbs

It wasn’t MC run defense or defense at all that held them back that game……MC defense is the only reason it went down to the wire and they did a really great job to have their job one trick pony offense in that game to win it….. it was a sophomore quarterback and the legitimate lack of one single speed game breaker at the WR position……every good team just sat 8 or 9 in the box man up slow down Perez and force MC WR to try to gain separation but their WRs were slow as molasses…..Ingrassia just wasn’t there yet

It wasn’t MC run defense or defense at all that held them back that game……MC defense is the only reason it went down to the wire and they did a really great job to have their job one trick pony offense in that game to win it….. it was a sophomore quarterback and the legitimate lack of one single speed game breaker at the WR position……every good team just sat 8 or 9 in the box man up slow down Perez and force MC WR to try to gain separation but their WRs were slow as molasses…..Ingrassia just wasn’t there yet
Always wondered why they didn't do more to get the ball in Cooke's hands on the outside

Reactions: bella123 and MC415
That was a great game, big win. It was the only time CN beat MC in the last decade.

Reactions: northbayfb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT