Starters Clovis North:
30 Amundsen, 2 Gish, 3 Amundsen, 10 Jones, 22 Espinoza

I’ll try and update every couple of minutes

Reactions: M.C. fan
Jones bucket….Hillman answer

2-2 5:27 left

Emeneke subbed out for Tofi Jr.

A lot happening

Jordy McKenzie 3, followed by 2 big 3s by Conner Amundsen.

Huge alley oop to Berridge, who subbed in for Zion, Zion went right back in

Curcic in, huge alley oop from Hillman to Tofi Jr.

Sensley fouled shooting a 3

Makes first. Misses second. Missed third. He’s usually 90%

10-8 Riordan 2:46 left in 1st

Curcic hits two big free throws to start a huge Riordan run. Amundsen end to end. Berridge answers with a huge 3.

Curcic to Bush for a huge 3, stop by Riordan and another 3 by Bush. Place is electric

End of 1Q Riordan 21 Clovis N 10

Riordan has so much depth, it’s kinda crazy

Clovis N only had Amundsen doing much

There is no room left it’s SRO at this point

Clovis North will the 1st basket of the quarter

2 quick fouls for Riordan to start quarter

Sensley another rebound, has 4 I believe

Hillman injured and gets 2nd foul in process, 3rd team foul

5:47 left in 2nd quarter

Ok Clovis north battles back with a 8-1 run

Sensley missed a wide open dunk, rebound Clovis N and they lay it up for the 4 point swing

Riordan fouling a ton. They just fouled Amundsen

It’s Riordan 22 Clovis North 19 after a crazy run of free throws.

Rebound Clovis N off missed FR, put back Jordan Espinoza, foul Riordan. Another foul

It’s 22-22

3:46 left in 2nd and Riordan already in bonus!

Sensley at the Line makes both 24-22 Riordan

Sensley layup

Another foul for Riordan

McKae Amundsen shooting two….hits both…..26-24 Riordan

NES Emenke with the huge Rebound, put back and the foul, missed FT

28-24 Riordan

2:10 left in 2nd quarter

Sensley shoots over Amundsen, missed.

Amundsen ball, stolen by Berridge

Emeneke rebound off shot, fouled shooting two and makes first misses second

29-24 Riordan

Berridge to Sensley….missed another alley oop

Rebound Clovis North, bucket Clovis North…another 4 point play

Sensley misses 3 pointer at buzzer

Riordan 29- Clovis North 26 at half

Reactions: M.C. fan
Hillman bucket to start the 2nd half

There is another Riordan 33-26

Rencher gets his 3rd foul

3 pointer Clovis North

Zion Sensley layup

Riordan 35 Clovis N 29

5:17 in 3rd quarter

Sensley foul and one!!!!! Huge play!

Makes the free throw, steal Hillman on other end

Layup McKenzie. Another steal Hillman

Missed dunk….Rencher 3 pointer on other end by Conner Amundsen

Rencher fouled and shooting two. Makes both

3:35 left in 3rd it’s Riordan 42 Clovis N 32

Zion a block on one end and a huge 3 pointer!

Amundsen drive, foul Berridge, he’ll shoot two and makes one misses one

Hillman to Berridge….my gosh this team is deep

Amundsen layup….hes a good player

Tomi Tofi and Zion are just dominating the boards. Tofi fouled and one….wheels starting to fall off for Clovis North

Tofi will be shooting a free throw. Timeout Clovis

Riordan 49 Clovis N 35 1:25 left in the 3rd Q

Rencher misses but the putback by Tofi….this quarter has been all Riordan.

If John Tofi is your 8th best player…..yeah you’re a darn good basketball team.

Sensley drive and fouled by Amundsen who is doing everything he can to keep Clovis N in it.

Zion makes both and

Block by Bush to end the amazing Riordan quarter

The route is on its 53-35 Riordan end of 3rd.

Start the 4th

Espinoza scores another bucket, him and Conner Amundsen have been the only consistent offense for Clovis.

Missed 3, Amundsen, frustration foul Espinoza, and Riordan can now smell blood.

Another bucket by Espinoza after a Riordan TO.

4 straight to start the 4th for Clovis N. Timeout Riordan

Riordan 53 Clovis N 39….7 min left in 4th

Hillman finds Sensley for the bucket

Clovis N steal and Gish with the bucket

Rencher gets the ball stolen, and fouls Gish, that will be his fourth foul. Hes not having the best game.

Gish makes em both and cuts the lead to 12.

after an Emeneke missed layup, Gish wide open 3 misses. Hillman drives and layup. Amundsen drive and layup.

Foul on Amundsen, could have easily been Renchers fifth, but ref saw it differently.

Foul on Emeneke it is Riordan 57 Clovis N 45 with 4:10 remaining in 4th

Amundsen fouled by Emeneke….he makes both

Tofi with a great move and layup

Lots of missed shots this quarter, Riordan just running clock and plays at this point.

Sensley fouled and he misses first makes second

It’s Riordan 60 Clovis N 47 with 2:23 remaining

Clovis N needs a bunch of threes or it’s over

Huge block by Sensley the crowd goes nuts!

Ryder Bush, knocked down, hits a 3.

Crowd erupts

Tofi with a rebound on the other end!

I’m out of here as Rencher hits a layup to make it an Insurmountable Riordan 65 Clovis N 47

As a Riordan fan I thought game should have been over by half-time. CN is well-coaching, shows a lot of hustle and moxie they were totally in a different weight class than Riordan. Frankly not sure how they beat Branson in last round. Semi-credit to CN for keeping it close in the first half although Riordan was its own worst enemy with a lot of really stupid turnovers, missed dunks, lack of hustle and butter fingers. Unless I see a different Riordan team show up at CCC - I expect Salesian to grind them down as Riordan's guards really struggled with ball pressure throughout.

Reactions: ayalar09
So what your saying is,…@TheR won despite themselves?

Is that kind a like,…”it’s me not you”. Very Constanza like compliment

Sounds like every point, every possession will be important for Riordan against Salesian. Cant leave points off the board in a championship game! Looking forward watching the game

Reactions: ayalar09
So what your saying is,…@TheR won despite themselves?

Is that kind a like,…”it’s me not you”. Very Constanza like compliment
I know that I am hyper-critical of Riordan as I expect more with the talent they've assembled. Not sure if you made it over there tonight and watched the game and came away with a far different perspective / conclusion?

Some positives for the R. They broke the press consistently until the game was for the most part decided late in the 4th. Their man D was on point - contested shots, created turnovers and switched effectively. TheiR depth is siiiick !

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
I know that I am hyper-critical of Riordan as I expect more with the talent they've assembled. Not sure if you made it over there tonight and watched the game and came away with a far different perspective / conclusion?
It was an 18 point lead entering the 4th. 2nd string guards were in to give that unit that blew the game open a rest. CN was in the final 4 for a reason beating St. Joe’s and Branson back-to-back and were looking to get back in the game as I would expect them to. This is HS basketball. Riordan’s D in the 3rd was the difference. The Crusader Forum was SRO! Great playoff atmosphere. Hats off to Clovis North.

Last edited:
As a Riordan fan I thought game should have been over by half-time. CN is well-coaching, shows a lot of hustle and moxie they were totally in a different weight class than Riordan. Frankly not sure how they beat Branson in last round. Semi-credit to CN for keeping it close in the first half although Riordan was its own worst enemy with a lot of really stupid turnovers, missed dunks, lack of hustle and butter fingers. Unless I see a different Riordan team show up at CCC - I expect Salesian to grind them down as Riordan's guards really struggled with ball pressure throughout.
Lack of hustle? What game were you watching? Lots of bodies on the floor. Hilman even got banged up going for a loose ball. Riordan’s D and rebounding was very good tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARHS92 and sylvan
The Riordan team playing Salesian this time around will be far more well rounded then before.

That game can seriously go either way. Maybe one of the better Norcal Championships we’ve had in CIF.

One thing about Riordan that no one is talking about is how much better Tofi has gotten, and having Curcic and Bush off the bench is an incredible gift.

Riordan def didn’t play their A game tonight. Rencher was in foul trouble all game, and Sensley missed some shots. Emeneke looked confused at times, but Height was a huge issue for Clovis North….same issue won’t be a problem for Salesian.

I have Riordan winning by 5 in a close matchup

Open Final: Riordan vs. Harvard West lake

I will share comments I shared with Coach Curtin, “it is normal for HS prep young men to early celebrate and look past their current place in life & situation; [thank you] coach for having that halftime [Come to Jesus] reality check”

Because 2nd half they were flawless & the Team of Destiny

Lack of hustle? What game were you watching? Lots of bodies on the floor. Hilman even got banged up going for a loose ball. Riordan’s D and rebounding was very good tonight.
Were you watching the first half by chance? Riordan players were a step slow especially in the first half - I know I need to give CN more credit as they were flying around but that that was my perception or opinion. Sounds like yours was different which is OK in my book to agree to disagree.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT