ADVERTISEMENT

SALESIAN 66...... PIEDMONT 62

northbaybbguru

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
It was close the whole way....

Piedmont was up 26-23 at half...McNair and Moore in early foul trouble...missed most of the 2nd period.

42-41 Salesian end 3rd....

Piedmont had their chances in the 4th....

In the end Salesian hit their free throws to hang on...

good game to watch....

and Kalea Dennis did not play for Piedmont....BUT she was warming up and was VERY active....

I got to believe she's got to be almost ready to go.

Thanks for the update..

Piedmont will be there in the end, they seem to always have a rough time during the middle part of the season. I had them ranked high ealry on, I didn't know at the time Dennis was hurt again. Is Kelsey Fennell back ?

If SMB and Salesian get pulled up in D4, they will be a factor again.

I will give the Piedmont coach (BG) some credit...they aren't afraid to go play good teams.

Their league is really tough (with Berkeley and Odowd among others)....

and they play a tough out of conference schedule....They play at SMS coming up on the 24th.

Add that to out of conference games vs Scotts Valley, Brookside Christian, Eastside Prep, Centennial and Salesian.

Its no wonder they may lose a few games....BUT it always prepares them for the D4 sections and Norcals.

I full expect them to be a factor in the Norcals....with or without Dennis.

Northbay

Brookside losing to Berkley does that mean they going to be place in the open still or do they stay in D4 and get a chance to win another State Championship!! what do you think are they going to get that lucky!!!!!!

If they win out and win the SJS D4 section.....I don't see how they could keep them out of the open.

They would end up being something like 23-2 with a WCJ gold championship and a SJS D4 section championship.....with their only loses to Berkeley and SHC.

They are definitely on the bubble right now....maybe the 8th team.....

The Salesian win may be the deciding factor...especially if Salesian goes on to win the NCS D4.

Thinking out loud here.....

What if BC did make it to the open...as the 8th seed!!!

That would set up a SMS vs BC holy war in the 1st round...lol

The game that almost everyone seems to want would finally happen :)

How sweet that would be...I might have to make the trip to stockton for that one!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT