ADVERTISEMENT

Salesian vs St Pat...upset!

Watched it on Norcal tv. Salesian was sloppy and went 9 for 20 something from the line. It looked like SPSV wanted it more. Sadler was amazing. What an upset.

Reactions: norcalbasketball
So SPSV gets the league championship designation for sections now. Wow!

What are the current rules on league champs?... does it only get home game for 1st round or throughout entire section playoff? I think its only for 1st rd...can anyone confirm or clarify?

With SJND and CN as league champs this could be an interesting development depending on section rules

CN should get #1 seed in D3 and as I have been writing for two months, are a open caliber team. NCS will send 4

So SPSV gets the league championship designation for sections now. Wow!

What are the current rules on league champs?... does it only get home game for 1st round or throughout entire section playoff? I think its only for 1st rd...can anyone confirm or clarify?

With SJND and CN as league champs this could be an interesting development depending on section rules

Speaking of the league championship designation, does Carondelet automatically receive the EBAL designation, or does that go SRV who takes home the banner. DLS has always bargained for the designation when going independent in football. That could affect the team who doesn’t get it as they may face a league champ and go on the road.

My understanding is that Carondelet has the automatic bid, as does SMS. Miramonte, however, does not, so Acalanes is the winner of the Foothill Division of the Diablo Athletic League. I don't know the tiebreaker between Ygnacio Valley and Benicia in the Valley Division.

I wonder why the EBAL decided not to have the 2nd place teams in each division face the winners in the semis this year like they have in the past?

This would have been the perfect year for it as both divisions ended up in ties for 1st place where both teams split that had to be broken by which team won the second meeting. And it just so happened the home teams won each meeting and the teams that luckily had the 2nd game at home moved on. It would have been some very good first round games with Dublin vs SRV and Cal vs AV.

As it was AV played very well in almost taking down SRV. They put a scare into them and went into the 4th quarter leading by 7 before SRV threw down the gauntlet and outscored them 26-9 in the final stanza to claim the crown going away.

Reactions: Paytc
I wonder why the EBAL decided not to have the 2nd place teams in each division face the winners in the semis this year like they have in the past?

This would have been the perfect year for it as both divisions ended up in ties for 1st place where both teams split that had to be broken by which team won the second meeting. And it just so happened the home teams won each meeting and the teams that luckily had the 2nd game at home moved on. It would have been some very good first round games with Dublin vs SRV and Cal vs AV.

As it was AV played very well in almost taking down SRV. They put a scare into them and went into the 4th quarter leading by 7 before SRV threw down the gauntlet and outscored them 26-9 in the final stanza to claim the crown going away.
It is because of the condensed CIF schedule this year. Everything got bumped up i believe

Speaking of the league championship designation, does Carondelet automatically receive the EBAL designation, or does that go SRV who takes home the banner. DLS has always bargained for the designation when going independent in football. That could affect the team who doesn’t get it as they may face a league champ and go on the road.

Sure enough, the #3 seed SRV has to go on the road in the 1st round to play at the #14 seed Vintage.

My understanding is that Carondelet has the automatic bid, as does SMS. Miramonte, however, does not, so Acalanes is the winner of the Foothill Division of the Diablo Athletic League. I don't know the tiebreaker between Ygnacio Valley and Benicia in the Valley Division.

Clay,

Benicia get's the Automatic! Or, the tiebreaker!

Benicia won the tiebreaker because they won the second of the two games with YV, and thus were league champs.

Oddly, if Benicia had been the 15th seed and Hayward the 16th, there would have been an O'Dowd-Benicia doubleheader (boys and girls) and a Hayward-Miramonte doubleheader -- which would have made life easier for administrators.

Reactions: norcalbasketball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT