ADVERTISEMENT

Scoreboard (Nov. 9-11)

Pinnick just made another “no way” play and kept drive alive. Then completed 17 yard TD pass.
Blocked pat!!!

7 min left
20-20!!!

Reactions: RidgeRider
Commendable effort by Jesuit down 0-14 and now leading 20-14. Good game! Both teams heavily dependent on their QB. But, it’s the defense of both teams that are doing their thing that has stood out for me. IMHO, Rocklin “should” not be too challenged by either team, but it is the playoffs.

Commendable effort by Jesuit down 0-14 and now leading 20-14. Good game! Both teams heavily dependent on their QB. But, it’s the defense of both teams that are doing their thing that has stood out for me. IMHO, Rocklin “should” not be too challenged by either team, but it is the playoffs.
Jesuit is killing themselves with penalties.
They’ve been sloppy.

Wow Jesuit!! Cooper Babb TD
27-20 258 left

Agree with regards to Rocklin. I think they should be 2-3 TD favorites from what I’ve seen this year.

Reactions: bulldogmgc
Just a great game out at jesuit
27-20 jesuit
DO driving with 1 min left. This is going down to wire

Pinnick makes incredible pass and DO is now 1st and goal. What a game. I thought this would be amazing but wow.

Jesuit is killing themselves with penalties.
They’ve been sloppy.

Wow Jesuit!! Cooper Babb TD
27-20 258 left

Agree with regards to Rocklin. I think they should be 2-3 TD favorites from what I’ve seen this year.
Rocklin won the league matchup 35-14

Grant should be playing d1 or d2. It’s ridiculous where they play in SJS.

They can’t ever seem to place Grant Union correctly in league.

All those years playing in the overmatched Metro league, then finally get moved to the SFL while GHS was in the midst of a dive in talent for basically a decade then back into the overmatched Metro sans Monterey Trail.

Regardless of league, GHS should never be playing lower than D2 in football.

Rocklin dominated Del Oro 28-3 during the regular season in 2015 then lost to the Golden Eagles in the Section title game 30-20.

It’s a rivalry game. Anything can happen.
So true. Perfect example. I remember that game at Sac State.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThunderRam
Yup and the best player in norcal (imo) plays QB for DO. Nobody is more valuable to their team than pinnick and this was on full display sat in Carmichael. Anybody know if Poe will be back? Some kids stepped up for DO but he’s a big miss.

Thats great, 82 points on an outclassed team....great coaching...thats teaching sportsmanship...
Larry,I stated that last yr of Grants State Championship team in D3,and more so this yr as this yrs D3 Grant team is imho better….

WWH44,at what point does a coach realize that his team is so superior to an opponent that
Yup and the best player in norcal (imo) plays QB for DO. Nobody is more valuable to their team than pinnick and this was on full display sat in Carmichael. Anybody know if Poe will be back? Some kids stepped up for DO but he’s a big miss.
Larry,I believe Poe is a Sr…

Larry,I stated that last yr of Grants State Championship team in D3,and more so this yr as this yrs D3 Grant team is imho better….

WWH44,at what point does a coach realize that his team is so superior to an opponent that

Larry,I believe Poe is a Sr…
Agree with you. Poe is hurt so I was wondering if he would be healthy for rocklin game. You are correct. He is a senior.

Thats great, 82 points on an outclassed team....great coaching...thats teaching sportsmanship...

WWH44,at what point does a coach realize that his team is so superior to an opponent that they call off the dogs and immediately make themselves one dimensional.I spoke to a Grant supporter on Saturday and on Friday he was texting me the scores…at half the Pacers were up by around 50 points,i asked when did you start the running clock,his response was…4th quarter! That must have been some bus ride going home for Linden,being throttled right out the gate by a far SUPERIOR team in a Divisional playoff you shouldn’t even be in as i was told from a friend down south,and helplessly watch the score board light up like a pin wheel,and the running clock didn’t start till 4th quarter…..that is so damn wrong in all aspects,imo!Putting up 82 pts in a game is imo difficult to do vs a team that is somewhat competitive and grossly over matched ESPECIALLY with a running clock,even if clock started at beginning of 2nd half,you’re scoring on Defense as well,pick 6,fumble recovery for 6,everything going right for one team and everything going wrong for the other!I sincerely hope the SJS after seeing this final score between these two teams realize that BOTH don’t belong in Div3…one shouldn’t be in this Division from what i was told and the other dominates it as they did last yr on their way to a State title and are strongly favored to do it again this yr! I stated last yr that the Grant Pacers could have competed well in Division 1 and even better if in Division 2…..i totally agree with this well respected poster here on Norcal.preps,one of several and that is Grant should be NO LOWER than Div2!And plz don’t anyone take my post as i do not like,do not support or speak negatives of Grant because that would be simply incorrect,it’s quite the opposite!I wish nothing but the very best for Grant as they have and do represent our region well,whether a down yr or not,especially if their not…..and i believe a down yr Grant is still a threat,they have tremendous athletes every yr! They imho just belong in the top 2 Divisions!And there’s a strong chance i’ll be in DPH this Friday for Grant vs Oakdale as i have friends at BOTH of these tremendous programs and they’re lighting up my phone about attending,lol,I find myself stuck between a rock and a hard place because i can’t sit on both sides at once….i told them i’ll be at the snack shack,to not hurt anyone’s feelings i guess i could lie and tell them i forgot Larry Legend had already invited me to El Dorado Hills to watch Oak Ridge vs CC and that he enticed me with a huge Tri-Tip sandwich!😂😂😂😂

Last edited:

WWH44,at what point does a coach realize that his team is so superior to an opponent that they call off the dogs immediately and make themselves one dimensional.I spoke to a Grant supporter on Saturday and on Friday he was texting me the scores…at half the Pacers were up by around 50 points,i asked when did you start the running clock,his response was…4th quarter! That must have been some bus ride going home for Linden,being throttled right out the gate by far SUPERIOR team in a Divisional playoff you shouldn’t even be in as i was told from a friend down south,and helplessly watch the score board light up like a pin wheel,and the running clock didn’t start till 4th quarter…..that is so damn wrong in all aspects,imo!Putting up 82 pts,you’re scoring on Defense as well,pick 6,fumble recovery for 6,i sincerely hope the SJS after seeing this final between these two teams realize that BOTH don’t belong in Div3…one shouldn’t be in this Division from what i was told and the other dominates it as they did last yr on their way to a State title and are strongly favored to do it again this yr! I stated last yr that the Grant Pacers could have competed well in Division 1 and better if in Division 2…..i totally agree with another well respected poster on here on Norcal.preps,and that is Grant should be NO LOWER than Div2!
Grant should have beaten Oak Ridge at Oak Ridge this year. Totally blanked in 2nd half and that was without the Sheldon transfer. OR is a d1 section finalist type team right now. Maybe grant will get pulled up in norcal bowl?

Reactions: championcif75
Agree with you. Poe is hurt so I was wondering if he would be healthy for rocklin game. You are correct. He is a senior.
Larry, my apologies my friend i didn’t realize you were asking about Poe returning from an injury,i should have read your post completely,i locked in on ( returning) and thought back to DO,sorry!👍🏻

Last edited:
Larry, my apologies my friend i didn’t realize you were asking about Poe returning from an injury,i should have read your post completely,i locked in on ( returning) and thought back to DO,sorry!👍🏻
No worries! Not a big deal.
I was impressed with the spirit DO played with yesterday. They brought the entire town of Loomis with them. Jesuit was not ready to play and they had to play catch-up.
Good luck against a very talented Rocklin team. When rocklin is firing on all cylinders there are only a few teams in norcal who can beat them.
Should be a great one.

And another interesting tidbit is the QB for Del Oro that season was Stone Smartt — who is Caden Pinnick’s cousin.

Also add to the mix that Pinnick played with many of Rocklin’s players, coming up through the Thunder Jr. program.

This game has a lot of meaning but also a lot of history. Lots of interesting connections.

WWH44,at what point does a coach realize that his team is so superior to an opponent that they call off the dogs and immediately make themselves one dimensional.I spoke to a Grant supporter on Saturday and on Friday he was texting me the scores…at half the Pacers were up by around 50 points,i asked when did you start the running clock,his response was…4th quarter! That must have been some bus ride going home for Linden,being throttled right out the gate by a far SUPERIOR team in a Divisional playoff you shouldn’t even be in as i was told from a friend down south,and helplessly watch the score board light up like a pin wheel,and the running clock didn’t start till 4th quarter…..that is so damn wrong in all aspects,imo!Putting up 82 pts in a game is imo difficult to do vs a team that is somewhat competitive and grossly over matched ESPECIALLY with a running clock,even if clock started at beginning of 2nd half,you’re scoring on Defense as well,pick 6,fumble recovery for 6,everything going right for one team and everything going wrong for the other!I sincerely hope the SJS after seeing this final score between these two teams realize that BOTH don’t belong in Div3…one shouldn’t be in this Division from what i was told and the other dominates it as they did last yr on their way to a State title and are strongly favored to do it again this yr! I stated last yr that the Grant Pacers could have competed well in Division 1 and even better if in Division 2…..i totally agree with this well respected poster here on Norcal.preps,one of several and that is Grant should be NO LOWER than Div2!And plz don’t anyone take my post as i do not like,do not support or speak negatives of Grant because that would be simply incorrect,it’s quite the opposite!I wish nothing but the very best for Grant as they have and do represent our region well,whether a down yr or not,especially if their not…..and i believe a down yr Grant is still a threat,they have tremendous athletes every yr! They imho just belong in the top 2 Divisions!And there’s a strong chance i’ll be in DPH this Friday for Grant vs Oakdale as i have friends at BOTH of these tremendous programs and they’re lighting up my phone about attending,lol,I find myself stuck between a rock and a hard place because i can’t sit on both sides at once….i told them i’ll be at the snack shack,to not hurt anyone’s feelings i guess i could lie and tell them i forgot Larry Legend had already invited me to El Dorado Hills to watch Oak Ridge vs CC and that he enticed me with a huge Tri-Tip sandwich!😂😂😂😂
The SJS has no clue!

Reactions: championcif75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT