ADVERTISEMENT

Scoreboard (Nov. 9-11)

SRV strings some first downs..

They now have 2nd and 1 on the Cougs 25, now a face mask penalty, down to the 10.

Wouldn’t ya know it…. my connection died, then SRV tied it at 31 with 1:15 left.

Cougs almost fumble the kuckoff, but hang on..

First play, complete pass over the middle to get to the SRV 35.

Now 3rd down, 42 seconds.

Pass complete for a first down!!

27 yard line, 37 seconds…

muffed snap, Cougs recover.

Now 3rd and 10 on the 27. 19.8 secnds…

Pass into end zone, broken up.

FG try…. 44 yards. SRV calls the ol’ freeze-the-kicker time out.

FG try…. Just barely left, no more than a foot or two.

SRV downs it, we go to…

FREE FOOTBALL!!!

Bulldog this D2 could defeat D1
Shhhhh ... don't jinx it! Besides, you don't want to ruffle anymore feathers of the SFL supporters. LOL

Can't really gauge how good SM's run defense is for sure, going up against Vacaville. Vacaville had some big guys, but lacked the speed and their plays on offense developed slowly for the Rams D to pounce on them. It will be a much different game against Manteca next week with Bryson Davis back. The SM Rams offense looked good but not great tonight. Their WRs were bailing out QB Samson Hunkin with some overthrown passes where the WRs needed to jump up high and reach to make the catch. Hunkin looked good, not great, and looked better last week against Lincoln-Stockton. SM Ram run game struggled many times vs Vacaville's defense. IMO, SM RB Maghoney (in the 2nd half) looked better when carrying the ball than starter Asante Carter tonight, but that's because Maghoney is more of a power back who can power his way more so thru the big trees. The SM offense had several bright spots in the first half to go up 31-0. But, the ease of scoring was because of good field position the defense awarded them with a great job vs Vacaville's offense. Vacaville has a very good punter. But, SM's Kenneth Moore is a very good punt returner. There was one 4th down for Vacaville early on where the punter could not get the punt off due to a bad snap and the Rams were able to capitalize and give their offense the ball on the 2 yard line (much easier to score from there). SM Rams have to clean up some things on offense to keep rolling as the competition will get tougher. But, tonight much credit belonged to the SM defense, pitching the shutout and I believe only allowed Vacaville 2 first downs total (maybe 3). The SM defense will be very much challenged next week with Bryson Davis playing (did not play vs SM during their first meeting). Still, I antcipate the speed of SM will be once again be too much for the Buffaloes and the Rams "should" win and move on to play in the D2 championship game. I am anticipating a St. Mary's vs Rocklin SJS D2 section championship game, as are many.

For D1, if any team is going to give Folsom a challenge, it may be Inderkum next week in the semifinals. But, doubt it. I was surprised Central Catholic had a tough game vs Edison. Anticipate a Folsom vs Oak Ridge SJS D1 championship game. But, wouldn't be surprised if Inderkum finds some way to shock everyone and beat Folsom and play for the title against Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge will be challenged by Central Catholic, as well. But, maybe not as much as I thought, considering CC allowed Edison to be in the game. Folsom blew out Edison earlier in the year 48-15. Folsom also had an easier time vs MT (early on) than Inderkum did (tonight). Really hard picturing Folsom NOT winning SJS D1. And too bad St. Mary's isn't in D1 for the playoffs. It would have been nice to see Folsom vs St. Mary's. Side note ... watch Coach Franks schedule this game for next year, after St. Mary's loses many many key players to graduation (like how he scheduled a very tough schedule after the SM 2004 section championship team graduated Willie Tuitama and others), LOL.

Reactions: M.C. fan
Too many teams make the playoffs.

That’s because it’s all for the kids, right? :rolleyes: Nothing says “it’s for the kids“ more than a 104-0 @$$ kicking.

Like I always tell you, it’s all about the $$$.

More games = more local ticket sales + higher ticket prices = more revenue for these governing bodies.

That’s why there are 13 divisions in these Regional and State games in CA. If the CIF wasn’t making $$$ off them due to fan and parent interest they wouldn’t exist. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT