ADVERTISEMENT

Scores?

bulldogmgc:
"That209guy, you here at the game or watching livestream? I'm on the 44 (south) top of the bleachers against the fence, SM shirt and cap."

That209guy:
"I'm at the game on the SM side at the 45 in the front row. I'm wearing a black shirt and an SM cap."

Okay guys, like that Clint Eastwood-Lee Van Cleef shootout scene, at the end of the 3rd Qtr both of you stand up, stare up/down in the stands at one another, take off your shirts, wave them over your head while yelling "Hoo-Ya, Hoo-Ya, the SJS Rules !!" 3x's.

If this shootout shows up on next week's Prep football highlights your choice from the Touchdown Snack Bar is on me

P.S. Thanks for the updates....

bulldogmgc:
"That209guy, you here at the game or watching livestream? I'm on the 44 (south) top of the bleachers against the fence, SM shirt and cap."

That209guy:
"I'm at the game on the SM side at the 45 in the front row. I'm wearing a black shirt and an SM cap."

Okay guys, like that Clint Eastwood-Lee Van Cleef shootout scene, at the end of the 3rd Qtr both of you stand up, stare up/down in the stands at one another, take off your shirts, wave them over your head while yelling "Hoo-Ya, Hoo-Ya, the SJS Rules !!" 3x's.

If this shootout shows up on next week's Prep football highlights your choice from the Touchdown Snack Bar is on me

P.S. Thanks for the updates....

LMAO! No worries, we met ... 4 rows apart in front of eachothet. That209guy is doing a great job!

Crazy game! After their performance at GB scrimmage, cannot believe what I'm reading!
I guess you didn't see St. Mary's offense vs Folsom last year? With exception of RB Brandon Zaumbrecher, this is pretty much the same offense. Dusty Frampton #21 is the real deal @ 6' 215lbs with 4.5 40 speed. Maybe SM didn't want to expose too much during the scrimmage? We all know scrimmages are just that, scrimmages. But, this is also just the first game of the season. Serra played well in making this a game in the first half. Wish them all the best.

St. Mary's emptied their bench for much of the 4th quarter. I like SM's secondary better this year than last year. Keaton Hampton playing both sides. SM linebackers can still get better, but played well in the 2nd half in passing situations. Down 21 Serra turned to the air. SM run defense could get better. But, their offense should be just find for this season. Without looking past Cardinal Newman, who knows, maybe this offense can surprise some more folks in a couple of weeks. GO RAMS!

Impressive win for the Rams. Serra is considered a WCAL/CCS/State title contender. Good luck the rest of the season.

Reactions: bulldogmgc
Maybe SM didn't want to expose too much during the scrimmage? We all know scrimmages are just that, scrimmages.
I kind of thought coach Franks and Saint Mary's was holding back from the reports I heard from last weeks scrimmage. I see this as a great decision since their first week game of the season is against a power like Serra. Plus like bulldogmgc said, this team has shown what they can do against a giant (Folsom) so why expose things to Serra that's already been proven to work against other great programs in the past with the same players? That would be counter productive or just plain ole stupid if you ask me.

CT4L

As we surmised, Serra's defense was overwhelmed by SMS O line. Rams did pretty much whatever they wanted on offense. Serra turnovers were helpful too. Looks like Nunn may be out for awhile. He appeared to be injured; played sparingly in third period. No action in fourth. Immediate future does not bode well for Padres. Schedule is brutal and they are really thin in the big boys department. SMS is very good. Serra, not so much.

As we surmised, Serra's defense was overwhelmed by SMS O line. Rams did pretty much whatever they wanted on offense. Serra turnovers were helpful too. Looks like Nunn may be out for awhile. He appeared to be injured; played sparingly in third period. No action in fourth. Immediate future does not bode well for Padres. Schedule is brutal and they are really thin in the big boys department. SMS is very good. Serra, not so much.

Hard to say colhenryives regarding how long Serra's QB Nunn may be out. If you remember last season in the game vs DLS Coach Walsh did the same thing - pulled Nunn due to leg cramps & shut him down in the 2nd 1/2. So today Nunn comes out & runs the 2nd 1/2 kick-off back 93-yards for a TD and then leaves the game injured due to his arm[?]. I think it was more precautionary than anything so as not to risk Nunn for the rest of the season. With the turnovers in the 2nd 1/2 it appeared Coach Walsh conceded the game when he started rotating the #2 QB Damelio with the 3rd string QB who is a soph. Once the turn-over on the kick-off gave SM the ball at Serra's 10 & another TD [right after Nunn ran the kickoff back] I think Walsh decided with the turnovers there had already been several injured players & was not worth further risk to their QB Nunn.

The injuries for Serra today are def a concern & as colhenry pointed out the PAdres are thin on linemen. Did anyone else notice that Serrra's Lavulo did not play? He is one of only 2 players who play both ways & Serra's best player on Defense [out with a hamstring pull].

SM def had the best balanced Offense I’d seen in awhile & luved the BAOSN.TV announcers in 2nd ½ referring to SM RB as the “Frampton Freight Train Express”

Last edited:
Any info on Pleasant Grove (Elk Grove) vs Bakersfield or Burbank (Sacramento) vs Clovis? Two teams from the SJS going up against teams from the CS. I don't think PG has a snowball chance of beating Bakersfield in that hot desert and Burbank will catch hell coming out of Lamonica Stadium with a "W".

CT4L

Another TD pass to stall worth. Folsom has some real size and athletes at the skill positions.
Folsom 13
CDL 8

4 min left in 1st.

16-13 CDL.

If you are a duck fan get ready for the next great QB. This dude is special.

Very well coached team. They are doing everything you need to beat Folsom. Go for it on 4th. Pooch punts. Folsom can expose there lack of athletes.

As I say that stall worth another TD! 50 yards. Never seen Folsom with this many speedsters.

20-16 Folsom end of 1

Hard to say colhenryives regarding how long Serra's QB Nunn may be out. If you remember last season in the game vs DLS Coach Walsh did the same thing - pulled Nunn due to leg cramps & shut him down in the 2nd 1/2. So today Nunn comes out & runs the 2nd 1/2 kick-off back 93-yards for a TD and then leaves the game injured due to his arm[?]. I think it was more precautionary than anything so as not to risk Nunn for the rest of the season. With the turnovers in the 2nd 1/2 it appeared Coach Walsh conceded the game when he started rotating the #2 QB Damelio with the 3rd string QB who is a soph. Once the turn-over on the kick-off gave SM the ball at Serra's 10 & another TD [right after Nunn ran the kickoff back] I think Walsh decided with the turnovers there had already been several injured players & was not worth further risk to their QB Nunn.

The injuries for Serra today are def a concern & as colhenry pointed out the PAdres are thin on linemen. Did anyone else notice that Serrra's Lavulo did not play? He is one of only 2 players who play both ways & Serra's best player on Defense [out with a hamstring pull].

SM def had the best balanced Offense I’d seen in awhile & luved the BAOSN.TV announcers in 2nd ½ referring to SM RB as the “Frampton Freight Train Express”
Kendrick is the other Padre that plays both ways and he left the game late first half. Did not notice if he returned later?

[B said:
"jordan24[/B], post: 135638, member: 140"]Kendrick is the other Padre that plays both ways and he left the game late first half. Did not notice if he returned later?

Yes jordan Kendrick did return in the 2nd 1/2 but looked a little banged up. WHen Kendrick was out Along with Lovulo the Padres were missing both their only 2 way players.

Folsom 41 and CDL 16 at half. Folsom has some big time weapons.
Stall worth, Ngata, Jenner, and new QB Curry is legit. Look out... Same old story around these parts. CDL is better than both Vista and OR too.

I doubt I will see a better QB than CDL's this year. Kid is 6"4 lazer arm and super fast. If he had Folsom athletes on the ends it would be a lot different.

Well, CDA (Coeur D'Alene) booked the game knowing they were a year away. But aren't most teams in the nation always a year away from Folsom. CDA's best players are Juniors and they are playing Folsom next year too. So take the lumps now and come back with their best team ever at CDA. But what division would CDA be in with 1428 students 9-12? 2 or 3?

I'm very impressed with CDA. Trust me they would beat most of the team around here. I can't believe the QB is a JR. He could be a 5 star type recruit next year. He's that good.

Yeah, I lived in Norcal and moved to Idaho 12 years ago. There are 5-7 teams in the state that can compete with the big boys in Norcal. Doesn't sound like they are competing (keeping the game close) tonight but you know what I mean. CDA will make it to at least the quarterfinals. If any of you are BYU fans Hill and Magnum who are competing for the QB position are both Idaho kids. Boise State seems to do well with a bunch of Idaho kids. Next years CDA Folsom game should be a doozy. CDA knew they were a year away but props for searching for an awesome opponent like Folsom. I'm sure it was fun for the fans to see a team from out of state come to Folsom. Good time had by all.

Reactions: CaliTrojan4Life
I have never seen a soft Serra team under the helm of Walsh, mainly because of the Polys on the squad!! No offense to other players, but those boys get after it.

As we surmised, Serra's defense was overwhelmed by SMS O line. Rams did pretty much whatever they wanted on offense. Looks like Nunn may be out for awhile. He appeared to be injured; played sparingly in third period. No action in fourth.

The injuries for Serra today are def a concern & as colhenry pointed out the PAdres are thin on linemen. Did anyone else notice that Serrra's Lavulo did not play? He is one of only 2 players who play both ways & Serra's best player on Defense [out with a hamstring pull].SM def had the best balanced Offense I’d seen in awhile & luved the BAOSN.TV announcers in 2nd ½ referring to SM RB as the “Frampton Freight Train Express”

Kendrick is the other Padre that plays both ways and he left the game late first half. Did not notice if he returned later?

Serra may not be soft in the CCS but they got soft when they met a tough SJS team. To be totally honest, soft is an understatement. In my opinion, it seems as if Serra laid down in the 2nd half.

CT4L

larry legend33 said:
I'm very impressed with CDA. Trust me they would beat most of the team around here. I can't believe the QB is a JR. He could be a 5 star type recruit next year. He's that good.

The thing about the best teams in most smaller states they can compete with most teams in the bigger states. The difference is the smaller states may have 2-8 teams that can do so. Thats it.

When Grant won state and they beat Highland Idaho by 13 most people didnt give them credit for beating them but if you have never lived in a smaller state it's hard to wrap your brain around the top teams in those states can play with the big boys.

Serra may not be soft in the CCS but they got soft when they met a tough SJS team. To be totally honest, soft is an understatement. In my opinion, it seems as if Serra laid down in the 2nd half.

CT4L
Can we be clear here: SMS is very strong, very talented, very deep. Serra, at least this year, is definitely flawed. Their schedule is probably beyond them in 2016. No problem. The program, like SMS, is excellent. Serra definitely tried to preserve some of its key kids in the second half. Again, DLS and Pittsburg upcoming. Then the WCAL minefield. A 5-5 record overall would be reasonable for them this year.

CT4L
A "soft" CCS team punched SJS juggernaut Folsom in the mouth in the Bulldog's backyard for the NorCal title last year. Down year for Serra going against a talented and loaded SMS Ram team - simple as that.

Cardinal Newman is going to have its hands full next week against SMS. I plan on going to that game because I want to see how Brookshire does against other D1 players. Newman more than held there own last year against the Rams but this one could be different. Either way a good game for Newman to schedule and one the Rams can't lose.

Can we be clear here: SMS is very strong, very talented, very deep. Serra, at least this year, is definitely flawed. Their schedule is probably beyond them in 2016. No problem. The program, like SMS, is excellent. Serra definitely tried to preserve some of its key kids in the second half. Again, DLS and Pittsburg upcoming. Then the WCAL minefield. A 5-5 record overall would be reasonable for them this year.

A "soft" CCS team punched SJS juggernaut Folsom in the mouth in the Bulldog's backyard for the NorCal title last year. Down year for Serra going against a talented and loaded SMS Ram team - simple as that.
My post was in response to PAL95 making a general statement in regards to poly's being the tough kids on Serra's team. In my opinion, this statement was inappropriate and has no merit to it whatsoever and I'm sure coach Walsh would agree. That being said, for the most part teams in the CCS plays a tough brand of football but so does the mighty SJS. So to make myself perfectly clear, the top programs in the CCS are hit by down years more so than the top programs in the SJS. For instance, Bellarmine is down this year while Folsom and Del Oro are still up. Palma and SHP are down this year while Central Catholic and Elk Grove are still up. And any given year a team like Grant, St. Mary's (Stockton), Jesuit, Granite Bay and now Sheldon with Coach Cattolico can win the SJS and the NOR-CAL Championship. The talent runs deep in the SJS and the NFL has proven that to be the case over the years. There were 3 players from the SJS that was selected in the first round of the draft in 2014 and 2 players selected in the NFL draft in the first round a year later (2015). There's a stud RS Sophomore D-Lineman at UCLA, and a stud RS Freshman LB @ USC from the SJS as well as a stud True Freshman QB at Washington all from the mighty SJS. That's just the Sacramento area of the SJS. So when the CCS defeats a power SJS team it's considered an upset not the other way around. Just being honest.

CT4L

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT