ADVERTISEMENT

Serra is struggling: Padres have three runs on nine hits in 0-2 start

BKWRDKUROUT

Sports Fanatic
Apr 28, 2007
The glow from the Serra baseball team's start to the 2015 campaign is quickly wearing off. The Padres opened the season with a 5-1 mark in non-league play, beating the likes of East Bay powers De La Salle, James Logan and San Ramon Valley. [/I]This week, the Padres started West Catholic Athletic League play, dropping a tough 2-1 decision to Mitty Wednesday. [/I]The Padres had a chance to get into the WCAL win column Friday, when they hosted St. Francis.[/I]
Suddenly, Serra finds itself in a 0-2 hole in WCAL play after the Lancers recorded a 5-2 victory. "[All league games are] important. We can't sit here and dwell on it," said Serra manager Craig Gianinno. "We have to look to [Saturday]." [/I]Awaiting Serra (0-2 WCAL, 5-3 overall) Saturday? A road trip to San Jose to take on 8-1 Valley Christian. [/I]The Padres are going to need to solve their problems with their bats quickly if they are going to compete for the WCAL title. In their last two games, the Padres have collected a total of nine hits.[/I]

SMDJ

I don't think losing to any of those teams takes anything away from their start. They faced Bubic on Tue, who is argueably one of the top pitcher in the League and got a SF and Valley back to back. That 3 game week is the equivalent of going through murderer's row, if all have a #1 or #2 pitcher in the rotation waiting to face them. Now if they were to lose on Tue.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT